Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 01-07-2009, 03:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 333/238/150

Height: 5 ft 6 in

Lightbulb a big step in stopping stress eating

This morning started off like any other-me being the first one up, showered, and dressed and waking everyone else up and getting them going. We got my DD off to school and I was doing laundry and unloading the dishwasher and making breakfast for my DH, DS and I and I simply asked my DH to take out the trash. He made a comment about how instead of asking him to do it, it would get faster if I would do it myself and I LOST it. I totally went off on him, and he immediately starting apologizing, saying he was joking. You know what it's like, you are having a good day and you ask someone to do something simple, since you are already doing a thousand other things, and it's just said at the exact WRONG moment at the exact WRONG time. I finally got him OUT of the house-he did apologize profusely, but I'm still pretty hurt by the comment. So, that is the bad part of what happened. The GOOD part is, instead of drowning myself in a bowl of ice cream, I worked out and decided to write about it on here. Getting all of my frustrations out by working out calmed me down so much, and even writing about it here is helping. This is the first time, the FIRST TIME I decided I would not let food be a substitution to dealing with the problem I have and even causing more of a problem because I'd feel guilty about eating garbage.
amber961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:18 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Amber,

I'm a stress eater too and I wanted to congratulate you on the way you handled the issue this morning. It's hard to not do something the way we have always done, but you made a change and it has showed you a very valuable tool that you know have in your "weight-loss tool box" on how to handle stress eating. You know it works.

I have struggled with this sort of thing for far to long and I decided that this year I would keep a feelings journal--sometimes what I post is excatly what I wrote in my feeling journal. I do it to get those feelings out instead of pushing them down with food. I have decided to control my emotions and not let my emotions control me.

Thank you for sharring your mini-goal....you are to be congratulated!
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:27 PM   #3  
No description available.

Aw, Amber, sorry he was so obtuse. But you know what? I am so proud of you for working out and for channeling that anger into something productive. That is an excellent reaction!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:32 PM   #4  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

GEEEEZZZ! I would have lost it on my husband as well! What a PUNK lol.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 07:22 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I hate it when people poke and then say they're just kidding. Because usually they weren't - they were seeing if they could get away with something.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote