Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 12-02-2008, 09:07 AM   #1  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Talking First mini=goal met

I had never heard of the concept of mini-goals before coming here. I think they are a fab idea. I just cannot get enthused about trying to take of 50 pounds. It is WAY too daunting.
So my first mini-goal was to get back under 180 lbs. I haven't been there for a couple of years. I have been hovering just over 180 for a couple of weeks, but this week have broken thru, I weighed in yesterday, after being away a lot in the last week.
Being away so much was a real test, mostly eating out, lots of stress, (I had to meet as a negotiator for my profession for the first time, and my Dad had heart valve replacement surgery.) and no gym in my hotel the last week.
But, with careful portion control, lots of walks, meditation, and visiting fat chicks for encouragement, I managed not just to maintain, but to lose through all that.
I weighed in again this morning just to make sure, and sure enough, it still says 179!
My next little goal is 173, which was my weight just before having my 2nd baby, and for years was my highest weight ever, and it broke my heart to go over that weight 3 years ago.
Six pounds is doable, getting down below 140 doesn't seem possible yet tho.
Thanks for the mini-goal idea, it makes weight loss seem like something I can do!
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 02:46 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/180/115

Height: 5'2"

congratulations on hitting under 180! what an accomplishment! i know just how you feel about the mini goal idea!! i love it, it sounds a lot better than saying, oh i have to lose 50 lbs or so. i'm setting my mini goals to 10 lbs everytime and then rewarding myself with a new shirt or something hehe!
oliviaCAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 03:01 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Yay for you! Lots of losers around this afternoon

Last edited by JulieJ08; 12-03-2008 at 09:55 PM.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 08:59 PM   #4  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

thanks so much. Reading these posts on this forum is sooo fun.
I find it so inspiring. It can be really hard at times, and checking in really helps me get thru a patch.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:35 PM   #5  
Starting to Get It!

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/120

Height: 5'4"

Fatmad great job! I am sorry to hear about your dad but it is fantastic that you didn't let anything stop you from reaching your goal

You have inspired me to make myself a mini goal!

Thanks a lot and again congratulations!
AmberE is offline   Reply With Quote