Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 10-09-2008, 08:44 AM   #16  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

I told my boyfriend my weight and we weighed in about the same. He's 6 foot and doesn't look big, and here I am 5'3" and shaped like a total plump pear.

Now it feels good that I finally weigh less then he does.
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 09:18 AM   #17  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

Good for you!

I very recently told my bf how much I weigh, after being with the guy for 19 years!!! He's seen me at all different sizes over the years, and he's always loved me no matter what. Finally I decided to come out of the shadows and really face the number, and for me, that had to include confiding it to my closest confidant. I certainly know that's not for everyone!!!

I was hoping he's be shocked, but no such luck! He just sorta looked like that's about what he thought!! Oh well, guess I wasn't fooling anyone!

On a funny note, my sister, who also started over 300lbs (now ~240) asked her husband (skinny as a string bean) how much he thought she weighed back when she was just getting started. He said, "maybe 150"? haha I guess love is blind!
shannonmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:47 AM   #18  
Learning To Fly...

S/C/G: 307/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4

I've been with my bf for 6 1/2 years and he's always known that I wasn't happy with my weight, I didn't start telling him my weight until about 2 years in to the relationship though. He tries to be supportive and help me when he can. At this point I'm pretty sure we weigh about the same or I weigh a bit more than him and he is 6'4, a whole foot taller than me lol He gets upset with me when I call myself 'fat' and things like that, he tries to tell me not to do that and to start thinking I'm pretty and that I'm not fat b/c it will help me but its hard lol He is really great about it, I can't believe he still even wants to touch me honestly, I really wish I had listened to him when we first met and he tried telling me I wasn't fat and that I was beautiful, 100lbs lighter...

Last edited by Trixie14; 10-09-2008 at 10:51 AM.
Trixie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:52 AM   #19  
frustrated foodie

S/C/G: 237/223/size 10/12

Height: 5'5.5"

Wow, congrats-I still make mine leave the room when the wii fit throws it up on the screen! I'm just not there yet, but I'm really happy you are!
owlmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 03:08 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 346/Ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

I'm glad you are feeling better about yourself. Great job on the weight you've already lost. That is awesome.

I haven't told my honey in years how much I weigh. My head can't take that just yet.

Edit: We've been together 10 years and I told him a few years after we hooked up where I was... but I don't think he realizes just how much weight I've gained... o.0 Damn YoYoing.

Last edited by Bunny; 10-09-2008 at 03:13 PM.
Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 03:12 PM   #21  
ChunkyDunkersAnon Founder

S/C/G: 215/192/150

Height: 5'3"

Wow. You guys totally boggle me. I mean, I understand being insecure about it, I just couldn't imagine being terrified to tell my husband my weight. But then, we joke about our weight all the time. My husband calls me his hot little mini-fridge (cause of how I am built *giggle*) and I adore it. You go, girl, I'm glad you got that one out of the closet (:
littleblacklies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:44 PM   #22  
I want a bikini 4 Hawaii!

S/C/G: 238/210/130

Height: 5'5"

ooooo... i wish i had the guts to do that... maybe in a few more pounds...
Katelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 05:05 AM   #23  

Height: 5'6"

Haha I was just talking about this with my boyfriend today...At the moment, I weigh like 20 pounds MORE than him. He's like six inches taller than me and works out and eats salads and just basically makes me wish I took care of myself. Like many of you have said, he says he loves me and will always think I'm "the most beautiful thing he's ever seen" (*rolls eyes*...you gotta give the guy credit for trying!), but it's really embarrassing to me.

Watching him go to the gym while I sit around the house is one of the main times when I really want to make a change....so here I am. First day here! Wish me luck. And thank goodness for men like ours.
jessabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 12:06 PM   #24  

Starry... I notice that you and I have about the same goals ... and I also see you've been successful... That is so motivating!

How you do it!
I just started my pre-condition...
redtequila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 01:16 PM   #25  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

when i told my boyfriend how much i weighed the other day he pulled a funny face and said you dont weigh enough. I didnt think i should tell him what my revised goal is!
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 01:57 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 244/ticker!/140

Height: 5'7"

Wow, admitting the number is such a huge step. Before I started losing, my boyfriend (who's tiny -- he weighs less than my goal weight!) made some reference to our combined weight being significantly lower than 300 pounds and I was like, oh sweetie, maybe my combined weight with a toddler is less than 300. Love is blind and men have no clue how to measure weight.

I've been thinking about it and I'm almost afraid to tell him how much I've lost, because he'll do the math and realize, dude, if I've already lost 25 ... and I still have a lot to lose ... then I outweighed him by more than 100 pounds.
rubbytummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 03:27 PM   #27  
Ama Lama

S/C/G: 286.4/260/175

Height: 5 foot 3 inches

That is a HUGE step! I still haven't been honest with anyone about my weight. It's so great to see that you are confident enough to tell someone! Maybe you should rub some of that confidence off on me so I can stop lying about my weight to people I know.

I hope that soon I will have courage enough to actually say my weight anywhere other than online.
AmaLama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 06:18 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 259/224/148

My husband has no idea how much I weigh, I don't think I will tell him until I get under 200lbs. My good friends know but he doesn't have a clue lol I am to ashamed to tell him. But it is nice not to be 100lbs heavier than he is anymore now I am only 77lbs more than him LOL
Nichole28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 06:59 PM   #29  
Method to the Madness

S/C/G: 381.4/in the middle/160

Height: 5'9

There are no secrets in my relationship... haha. I think every boyfriend that I've had since I've started losing weight (and even the ones I casually dated) have known my weight... and they can see when I lose weight too. I'm usually friends with people I date on MySpace or Facebook and I've got my tickers on those pages, so no secrets... haha. It does suck that I'll almost assuredly never be thinner than my boyfriend. I'd be emaciated looking if I weighed what he does. 6 feet tall and 131 lbs. He *hates* being so skinny and always makes jokes about it. I offered to donate some of my weight... hahah
LindseyLouWho is offline   Reply With Quote