Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 07-18-2008, 07:28 PM   #1  
Muscle Moose

S/C/G: 342/242/180 hopefully

Height: 5'6''

Cool Halfway there but what a success!

Ok, so I am only halfway to my goal wieght of 180... I used to wiegh 342 and was miserable in my own skin. Nothing fit right so I resorted to over-sized t-shirts I thought hid me or my scrubs to wear around. Forget trying to get dressed up, it was too much like getting ready to be in a high school play! My dawning moment was me and my cousin I had grown up with ( basically sisters) went to an amusement park, we went to get on the ride and even though it was always in the back of my mind I never thought it would happen, I looked at some of the people getting in the seats and thought "im smaller than him/her" well, I guess I wasn't. I didn't fit. I couldn't get the harness to come down far enough myself or with the F'n attendant pushing. they had to undo the locks and let me out. My cousin rode the rie without me. I waited for her in the bathroom, sick.

Anyhow, at my heaviest, I was also starting a new job- thankfully one of the girls I work with is into body contests and is really fit, and also really really nice. She didn't jam "go to the gym" into my head day in and day out but rather every once in awhile would remark that she had a free pass for whoever wanted to go with her... Well, me and my friend/Co worker Kristen decided to finally take her up on the offer in November of this past year. Kristen is smaller than me, so I had some catching up to do. I've always been real competitive and in high school did Band competitions and Guard competitions ( I was the only big girl there, of course) and going out with Jessica (the one who started us and is now a personal trainer at the gym) and Kristen I felt like I had something to prove. I HAD to lose more than her, I HAD to lift more than him, I HAD to go more times a day then those people, I HAD to eat less... I was going 3 times a day some days ( before work, lunch, and after) and a few times was there for 5 hrs straight! I was a little eccentric, pushing too far, for too long, and definetly not eating enough to support myself so was basically sabotaging my own efforts. Well, I had a little breakdown a short while ago. I completely stopped myself- well, thats not true- I MENTALLY kicked myself in the butt- I am not competing or should be worried about what OTHER people are doing. This is MY success! If I can only lift 10 pound wieghts on a bar then GREAT it's more than what I could do a few months ago! Today I took a cycling class... it's the first one I've taken in about 2-3 months, last time I couldn't finish and had to leave because I thought I was going to puke or die, well I finished todays class and even cranked up the resistance and stood up on the bike with everyone else! Granted I couldnt stay up the whole time everytime but holy crap I made it through! I can't wait to find out what I can do when I get even more wieght off! I am eating better/ more and now the weights coming off again instead off my body holding onto it and I'm in a better mood, duh! I am focused on me now, I am wearing one of my goal shirts ( supposed to be a beachy shirt but who cares) and am feeling fine even after cycling and swimming today. I get dressed up and go to O'briens on saturday nights and tonight I am heading over to a friends for a huge block party... maybe I'll meet a guy!? I love me and someone else should too!
kaceycrystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 07:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Congratulations you are doing great !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 07:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

That's fantastic. You've lost so much, and it's the mental battles that are the hardest. Congratulations.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 07:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 336/294/165

Height: 5.5

Congrats!!! We have similar starting points and you give me motivation to keep going. Keep it up.
uhaveaprettyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 09:00 PM   #5  
In love with...THE GYM!!

S/C/G: 243/213/150

Height: 5'8"

WOW! You are doing fantastic! I'm loving the positive attitude! Keep it up!
julie99s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 09:36 PM   #6  
Soon2BFit

S/C/G: 246.2/See Ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Congratulations on your success! With the mindset that you have, I know you will reach your goal. Keep up the good work.
GR8 2B48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 11:19 PM   #7  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Awesome! Keep up the fabulous attitude. We are at similar places in our weight loss journey, and I know from experience what it's like being a 300+ pound woman...not fun. I also know what it's like to lose 77 pounds, ...it feels too good to stop now! Isn't it amazing the resiliency of the human body?
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 12:16 AM   #8  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

Wow, your attitude is AWESOME And your weight loss is absolutely amazing so far! Way to go!!!
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 08:57 AM   #9  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Congratulations on getting to this point! Keep up the great work!
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 09:30 AM   #10  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Congrats and keep up the good work! Your doing a great job
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 03:58 PM   #11  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

Keep up the great work!
BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 10:22 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 174/See Ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

That is fantastic. You are doing great and your story is very motivating! Keep up the good work.
marie8674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 07:44 AM   #13  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Kacey,
What a fantastic achievement! I am so happy for you - keep doing what you are doing, obviously you have found the right "button" to push!
Again, congrats.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 06:15 PM   #14  

You go girl!!!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote