Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 03-06-2008, 06:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 211/182/150 (For now)

Height: 5'4"

Default Going down....

I am now officially in 2 different brands of size 12 jeans. My "first" goal jeans were my size 14 Gap long and lean jeans and those too are getting baggy. I have a size 13/14 that fits right from somewhere else though. Crazy how it's all so different. I think I'd be content at a size 8. Especially considering I was double that about 6 months ago.

Those of you in a size 8 or so, what do you weigh? I hold a lot of my weight right around my middle so they may fit differently on me but I am just curious.
LynseyLikes2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 07:20 AM   #2  
Skinny cow in the making!

S/C/G: 193/149/126

Height: 5'4

Congratulations!
Jadeybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 08:35 AM   #3  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

First of all - congratulations!!

Sizes have always been a mystery to me although I'm starting to learn that so much has to do with body shape, height and body fat %. I hear people who weigh 200 lbs. wearing a size 14 and I was a 16 at a much lower weight than that. And I know people here who weigh about the same or more than me and are two sizes smaller.

So just fyi...I am now usually a size 8. That's the size I start with now but I don't cry if I have to buy a 10. Sizes are so different store to store. I've never tried on anything smaller but I tend to buy my clothes too big. I hate when my clothes are tight since it brings back memories of outgrowing my clothes so I think I unconsciously gravitate toward clothes that are still a bit too big. I'm working on it!

I don't know if this helps you or not!!

elisa822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 09:24 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 174/See Ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Congratulations! Sizes are so wierd. I have been wearing a 16 for a long time. My Gap 16's were not fitting me, they were way too tight. I can finally fit in them again with room to spare. I was able to buy a size 13/14 this weekend from Aeropostale - that was exciting. But I have an older pair of Tommy's that have a higher waist and are a 14 and I HATE the way they fit. They are too big everywhere but right at the waist. They are out of style anyway, so will be going on my garage sale, but it is still very annoying that I can now wear a 13/14 jr size, but the 14 misses hurt to have buttoned. I know it's the cut, but still. It's hard to figure at what weight you may be in a size 8. I think every brand, just like every body, is so different.
marie8674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 09:33 AM   #5  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

I am 5'9" and weigh 158, in a size 8Long. I wear Levi's 515s.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote