Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 01-28-2008, 07:28 PM   #1  
rach

S/C/G: 247/239/125

Height: 5'3"

Red face coming up on week 5!!!

I have seen myself as "chubby" as long as I can remember...now that I look back, I wasn't big at all! When I got a scale and actually looked down and saw that I was almost at #250...I almost fell down. I mean, big can be beautiful however, I didn't see it going in that direction...I saw someone who was getting out of control, and I need to kick this problem in the butt before it becomes a serious issue in my health. It is SOOO hard though! I started following weight watchers with some other people and weighing in once a week and it is going okay...I have lost 8 lbs. now and I am wrapping up my 4th week....but I REALLY need some extra support and encouragment from people who know how I feel and can truly understand what it is to be considered--"fat" (even tho I hate that term!) Thanks!!
rach2087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 02:20 PM   #2  
Strong on the inside

S/C/G: 197/197/145 HW: 233

Height: 5'4"

I'm working the WW plan as well, rach, and it's been going pretty well for me as well. I'm down 6.8lbs in 3 weeks, and my weigh-ins are on Thursdays. It isn't always easy, but I really like the WW plan.

Congrats to you on your 8lb loss already! That's HUGE! Definitely keep coming around for all the support and encouragement you may need. The folks here are amazing and helpful and can definitely relate to all the issues you may be going through.
aerotigergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 06:46 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 286/219/145

Height: 5' 4"

You're doing great! It's definately not an easy road to follow to get healthy after a long time of eating whatever we want. Congrats on your success so far!
ChrystalM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 11:15 AM   #4  
is what I speak

S/C/G: 179/174.4/150

Height: 5'3"

you are going great... keep up the good work
dahonesttruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 04:11 PM   #5  
soon to be a SkinnyDipper

S/C/G: 256/232/139

Height: 5'4"

I know where you're coming from... I'm "fat" too! lol
I've been doing weight watchers for 5 weeks now and have lost 11.6lbs. I'm finding it pretty easy now that I've got my eating plan down. I'm now incorporating exercise into my life and I'm working on keeping my head in the game as it can be discouraging when you have a long way to go, but we can do it!

Keep up the great work!

Last edited by ChunkyDunker; 02-02-2008 at 04:13 PM.
ChunkyDunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 04:52 PM   #6  
Never-giver-upper

S/C/G: 186/176/135

Height: 5'7"

Hi Rach, welcome! Most people probably wouldn't consider me fat, even though I've got almost 40 pounds to lose. But I know I have lots of fat! I can understand how hard it is and how important encouragement and support are. Also the feeling of being out of control and worrying for your health. Glad you're here. Keep us updated on your progress. You're doing well so far!
Serena C is offline   Reply With Quote