Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 11-13-2007, 06:29 PM   #1  
It's on like donkey kong!

S/C/G: 199/160/135

Height: about 5'5"

Talking 30 lbs lost and adios 170's!

This forum has been a huge inspirational/motivational help since I started my little weight loss journey at the beginning of the school year. I am so EXCITED to share that I've lost 30 lbs and I'm still trucking along! I am almost half way to my goal!

Hopefully I can get these pictures to post...

(this weekend... I don't really have any full body... didn't really before either!)

(this summer, a month before I started losing)
hope2loseit4good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 07:15 PM   #2  

Yay 30 lbs gone!!! That's my goal for the end of the year. You MUST share your secrets to success! I started getting serious about my weightloss about 5 weeks ago and have shed 10 lbs thus far. The first 3 weeks I forced myself to the gym every single day just so I could build the habit. It was **** but I did it. This past week has been tuff though! I keep getting cravings for junk and sweets. Fresh Direct has these to-die-for white chocolate and cranberry cookies that are just mmmmm! Okay, I'm getting off-topic. What I really wana know is - how have you managed to be so successful in such a short period of time?
BigBootyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 07:29 PM   #3  

I honestly have yoyo-ed and struggled for so long... I just got this burst of motivation. One thing, is that I changed my all or none attitude. Some days, actually... most days lately... all I do is walk my dog a mile. But, that helps! I used to pull the whole: 'if I can't go to the gym and work out hard, it's not worth it'... obviously, that never stuck... this does. It works! Also... I have been ridiculous about keeping a food log. I write everything in a composition book and count calories: I have the calorie king book and go to calorieking.com as well as restaurant websites before we go out. I started 1000-1300 calories during weekdays and 1300-1800 on weekends. I allow myself more leniency on the weekends... and if I ate a heavier meal, I don't beat myself up... I just stay extra cautious the next day. If you really want, I can give you some great low cal foods that I snack on and eat. I hope this helps... I know my mom wants my food logs!
Old 11-13-2007, 08:23 PM   #4  

I'm horrible at counting calories. I mean, I know how to but its SOOO draining! I just kinda guestimate and keep the tally in my head. If I feel I was being bad, I try to compensate by working extra hard at the gym. Thats worked in the begining portion of my 5 weeks but right now I'm tryna stop myself from eating everything in site. Examples of low-cal foods and snacks would definately be helpful. I love food and I know I can never deny myself of eating, especially snacks.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:30 PM   #5  

Special K Vanilla Snack bags, apples, baby carrots, dove dark choc (1-2 pcs/day during the work week), light laughing cow cheese on either 100 cal eng muffin or whole wheat tortilla with salsa, beef jerky, baked doritos, light ice cream,peanut butter fiber 1 bars, red peppers, sugar snap peas, dill pickles, 100 cal packs of kettle corn, those new mini microwave cakes in the baking section... they're only 150 cal... I think they are duncan hines, cucumbers, green peppers with laughing cow, low fat graham crackers... these are some of my staple snacks... naturally, I don't have them in stock at the same time... I'd want to eat them all... but I go through a rotation! The key is sticking to the serving size. I'm not going to lie... I was hungry in the beginning... but, as long as I ate enough calories... I stayed hungry until the next day. I had to train myself to eat less bc my body was used to eating a lot. Have to run...
Old 11-13-2007, 10:27 PM   #6  

You're so awesome! Im gona start by writing down that list of snacks! Then maybe I can start tracking daily calorie intake. Thanks so much!!
Old 11-14-2007, 02:51 AM   #7  

S/C/G: See tracker

Height: 5'5"

Yay! you look amazing. You can tell what a difference 30 lbs make, hope I join you there soon
JigglyBits is offline   Reply With Quote