Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 08-26-2007, 09:55 AM   #1  
Happy New Rears!

Smile NSV - My winter coat

Last winter, my coat wouldn't button up. I had to wear it open with a scarf in front to hide the fact that it wouldn't close from people. Ijust wanted them to think I was wearing it that way because I wanted to, not because the buttons wouldn't meet in the front.

This morning I was getting something out of the closet and I saw my coat and tried it on. It wraps around me with inches to spare, it's too big!! I couldn't wear it now, it looks ridiculous, the shoulders and sleeves are hanging off me.

It's a huge, dramatic change,

I guess what I'm saying is I don't notice the day to day, week to week changes in my body, but seeing that coat on me this morning was surreal and really showed me what I've accomplished
ThinGirl in FatBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 10:53 AM   #2  
kaw

S/C/G: 159-ish/145/140-ish

Height: 5' 8.75"

I recently moved back home after a year in CA. I had packed away the winter clothes that I knew I wouldn't wear during the year, including a bunch of wool trousers, corduroys, jeans, etc. I might as well have just taken them to the salvation army, because not a single one of them fits. They're way beyond baggy butt.

I either have to go shopping or be prepared to freeze (what remains of) my a** off this winter.

Shucks.
kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 11:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

That's so great!
Ohhkay8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 08:04 PM   #4  
Soon2BFit

S/C/G: 246.2/See Ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

That's wonderful! What a great scale victory and NSV.
GR8 2B48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 09:36 PM   #5  
It's never too late

S/C/G: 187.8/146.8/133

Height: 5'0

I have had a similar experience in the past week. I like wearing button-down shirts to work because they are plain and simple but professional enough for work. I am quite big up top (well-endowed as some people say) so sometimes button-down shirts don't look right on me - the buttons bulge and look like they are about to pop. I have 2 shirts that I particularly like because they are beautiful colors and great quality material. As of last summer, I could no longer button the shirts, but could only wear them open over a short-sleeved shirt or tank-top. I tried both shirts on this past week and they both button with room to spare! Yay for NSV!
NoVaVTFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 12:58 PM   #6  
mmm nutella

S/C/G: 177/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 5 1/2"

Awesome!

I'm hoping to have that experience by the time I have to put on my winter coat too.
hotnewspirits is offline   Reply With Quote