Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 01-29-2007, 11:00 AM   #16  

Way to go! You are an inspiration. I am keeping a copy of your post on my desk.
ChadsMate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 11:52 AM   #17  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Awwww, thank you all so much. The fact that you gals think I am an inspiration is an unexpected bonus as I progress through my weightloss journey. I found 3FC on September 12, 2006 (yes, I checked the date), which was 8 days into my journey. It has been beyond belief helpful to me in so many ways. The fact that I can inspire others is so, so rewarding. The desire to want to help people is in fact is overwhelming. To think that perhaps I may have helped any of you here on 3FC just takes my breath away. I thank you all for letting me share my journey with you.

Ilene, I've yet to post pics anywhere. Although I did take a before shot with the intention of one day maybe doing so. My kids keep telling me it's time to post them. I'm still a bit camera shy. I will think about it and perhaps in a couple of days I will. Maybe.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 11:58 AM   #18  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

YAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for you! Back when I made it to Onederland, you said you hoped to join me soon...and BOY OH BOY, it wasn't long at ALL!

mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 12:07 PM   #19  
No description available.

Congratulations! What a onederful milestone!!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 12:14 PM   #20  
Destination:ONEderland!

S/C/G: 375/360/199

Height: 5'9

rockinrobin,CONGRATULATIONS on your Onederful weight-loss! I totally agree with you on the bit about re-programming the brain. I have complete control of my entire body (and brain) so I know I have the ability and the power to lose weight. Good luck on continuing your lifestyle change and reaching your ultimate goa! Take care!
IwannaLoseIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 01:20 PM   #21  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Mandalinn, I do remember when you made it to 199, YOU certainly didn't stay at that numer for very long. I can't help but notice that you are EIGHT INCHES taller then me. You will be at your overall goal in no time at all.

Thank you midwife.

Thank you for your congrats Iwannaloseit!!! Yes, I FINALLY realized that it is all in the brain. That if I don't want to be overweight that I don't have to be, there was nothing or no one to stop me. Another thing I had a problem with was that I thought that before I lost the weight I would have to figure out how I let myself get that way (I listened to Oprah too many times) and I realized that was not the case. Obviously I knew how I got there, eating too much and moving too little. I'm talking about the emotional aspect of it. Regardless of how I got to be so heavy was inconsequential. That I was tired of being so overweight was enough to get the ball rolling, so to speak.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 02:14 PM   #22  

S/C/G: SW175/CW159/GW145

Robin, congratulations. Your words resounded like a giant bell in my brain....ding, ding, pay attention. I am putting them up on my refrigerator, my bathroom mirror, everywhere where I need to pay attention and stay alert. I am also going to give copies to my personal training clients.

You are a winner!
artmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 02:28 PM   #23  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Robin,

WOW! Congratulations on being 1XX. I've been expecting you to hit onederland soon, and sure enough, today's the day! What a fantastic thing you have done for your self!

That was a great post, and so many things that had me shaking my head in agreement. I hope you decide that it's time to post some photos soon. I'd love to see them!
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 02:38 PM   #24  

S/C/G: S:157/C:121/G:125

Height: 5'4"

Congratulations! I've been meaning to mention to you that I have been amazed at your progress. I've noticed that your stats kept going lower and lower...you are melting away! Congratulations on your strength, courage, perseverance, and success! Truly something to celebrate!
Tara D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 05:26 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

rockinrobin - congrats!!! I love hearing how you really talk about it being an emotional thing... about 2 weeks ago I made the decision to be grown up about trying to lose weight. Since then things have come fairly easy, there are times I want to eat all the bad food in the world... but I decided that the time is going to pass whether I eat pizza or I eat a healthy meal, and in a year I'd rather be thinner and happier than fat and feeling sorry for myself. Weight training will TOTALLY transform your body - definitely worth the investment!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 05:33 PM   #26  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Congratulations!
It is good to hear that you have really learned so much about yourself through this experience as well.......that it isn't just about the weight loss, that it is about robin taking care of robin.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 06:23 PM   #27  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Height: 5'5

Robin

I am so proud of you. You have worked really hard and this is a great reward. I am sure your family is very proud of you too.

I am so looking forward to joining you in Onederland. I liked what you said about being able to shop at a regular store and the chairs. You know people don't think about how people who are overweight may cope with things like chairs, airplane seats etc... The worse for me was when I realized that I could not fit on a ride at Kings Island I actually thought that there must be something wrong with the seat.

Just think never, ever, ever will you have to face that again or worry over those other things that you mentioned.

Keep up the good work and stay positive.

Stinger
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 07:49 PM   #28  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Congratulations Robin! and I have to say that your post was terrific and very inspiring!
mauvaisroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 07:58 PM   #29  
Tryin'

Height: 5'3

wow, your weightloss has been amazing to watch!! congratulations!!
train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 08:46 PM   #30  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

I'll join every one else in wishing you a heartfelt CONGRATULATIONS! As well as a very heartfelt thank you. Your post said everything I've been feeling. I think you're an inspiration and I've bookmarked this for those craving and emotional times when the old habit of reaching for food sometimes seem overwhelming. Making the intellectual and rational decision to no longer be unhealthy doesn't always compute to the heart so easily. You've done it, by all accounts and deserve a sound pat on the back. Well done!
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote