Old 10-22-2015, 09:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/185/135

Height: 5ft2in

Default struggling! I want out of this downward spiral I am on!!

So I have been with mrc for about 2 and a half months. The first month and a half I lost 19 lbs (cheated a couple of days ). Then I just fell off completely. I was doing awesome went in lost had an awesome week ... after that weigh in I cheated and said to myself I had 6 more days to make up for it at the next weigh in but, I never got back on, everyday I would give in eat whatever and tell myself I would have a perfect day tomorrow. A month later I have yet to really have any successful days . if I just eat one little thing before hand I say to myself one bite won't hurt ... Then after the bite I convince myself that well I've just ruined my day I better just get everything I want to eat in today and start fresh tomorrow. Its like a switch flips and I eat everything I possibly can allll day with almost no breaks I stay miserably full and gain so quick!!! I start out and eat breakfast but almost never make it past lunch. Today has been good so far and I hope that in writing this and officially joining this site it might help me to stay motivated! I want to change and be a better me ,be the best me! So are there tips or stories anyone would like to share on how to come out of this lowest low I'm stuck in!?!?

Also I forgot to mention I haven't been back to weigh in since.... And I'm disappointed that the center hasn't even so much as called....I Feel doubtful about relying on them for support, I kinda just feel like I'm just part of there job not really like they care but I do enjoy weighing in somewhere special and being able to share and working my way up on their loss boards. As for the supplements I have decided not to buy very much at all... I am taking a natural whey protein mix from gnc with no flavoring and I want to buy their bars for breakfast because i crave something sweet with my coffee but I will no longer spend 100$ plus a week on their products it was just getting ridiculous.
RhianneV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 04:06 PM   #2  
Rocky Mountain "Hi"

S/C/G: 212 / 204 / 150

Height: 5'3"

Greetings.
Let me start by stating the obvious... MRC is a business and exists solely to make money. Sure, they will tell you they're totally invested in your success, but we all know that only lasts as long as you're handing over cash.

Next, please don't beat yourself up over this highly-restrictive program. Sure it works, but only if you don't deviate. It's HARD and I venture the majority who start will not finish.

I'm in about the same place as you. I lose very easily while sticking to the program, but eventually hit a wall and can't stomach yet another HNS or meal of meat and veg with a teeny tiny serving of carb. I'm trying to find a balance that I can live with while still losing.

Try to find a councilor you can work with. Some are just crappy, but hopefully there is a reasonable one at your center. Worst case, you can ignore the center, get your support from this board and buy your products online.

Luck!
wurdnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 11:39 PM   #3  
Idaho

Height: 5'7"

RhianneV - I am going to start by echoing wurdnerd - you have to stop beating yourself up and start fresh. I struggle with self sabotage too. I do really well for a while and then fall off of the wagon one day and mess up BADLY (not just a nibble of this....more like 20 mini candy bars). I just did that on Sunday and have been working all week to get rid of the weight gained from that indiscretion. Ugh. I have been reading some books that follow The Beck Solution (or Beck Diet or something, the book is called the Diet Trap). Have you heard of it? It is not a diet really, it is more a way to retrain your brain about dieting or making healthier choices. There are some really useful things in there. There is a list of things that you work on (build over time) - one is to give yourself credit - have to acknowledge what you did well that day (walked the dog, took the stairs, resisted that food in the break room, whatever....). It is amazing how much we can focus on the negative and let that overwhelm us. Just a thought. I thought it was working for me, and it really was, until Sunday when I let stress get the better of me.

I'm disappointed that your center didn't follow up with you when you didn't check back. Again, repeating wurdnerd's advice, maybe ask for a different counselor if you want to go back?

Whatever you decide, cut yourself some slack and begin again when you are ready
selway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 01:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 236/173/125

Height: 5"3

When I had join the 1st time I pretty much lost weight the 1st three months cheating and playing around. for two months i didn't lose anything and then a month later the weight started falling. Increase your water intake to make u fuller. You don't need all of there supplements they just want to make money. You can do this just take your time prep ur meals before hand
SatinDoll is offline   Reply With Quote