Old 09-15-2015, 06:52 PM   #31  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Hi Everyone!!
7500 steps by 2 pm today! And really watching portions and carbs. Camping = lots of activity!
Breakfast has been eggs and bacon - no carbs, coffee w whipped cream. Lol. 1 T is 12.5 cal. And no carbs 😍

Lunch - at the beach. Hummus on pira baked chips, dill pickles

Dinner. Fish or steak with large salad

Just made a mixed berry double stuffed cookie shake. YUM!!! Of course I have a mini blender in the RV.

Bought some 100 % key lime juice to add to sugar free margarita mix for my carb free sugar free margaritas.
So this is my vacation plan - I am thinking like a thin person!!
I read the reviews for the Beck diet books- definitely want and need to read them and stop this Yo Yo cycle I've been on for 30 years- gaining and losing the same 20-30 pounds!
Looks like everyone is doing good and thanks for sharing!!
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 02:31 PM   #32  
Idaho

Height: 5'7"

bigdog - sounds like a great vacation! I tried the double stuff powder - YUM! My tub arrives tomorrow . I wouldn't have thought to mix it with the fruit HNS (berry), I will try that! I did try the vanilla bean with Diet Sunkist the other day - loved it!!!

I am doing fine. I think my body is still adjusting to the big drop last week - scale hasn't budged since Sunday. Oh well. I'm following the plan and feeling good, the weight loss will come. Part of the Beck solution is weighing yourself every day - desensitizes you to seeing the number and to show/reaffirm that you don't lose every day, that you shouldn't lose every day. I keep telling myself that

We are camping this weekend so I am trying to plan well. I can do it!

Everyone have a great day!!!
selway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 09:22 PM   #33  
Motivated Member

Hi Selway- I used frozen unsweetened mixed berries- not the HNS to blend w Syntrax DSC mix- yum!!
I also got the Walden Farms 0 cal, O carb caramel and chocolate syrup. It's actually ok. The caramel is better than the chocolate- I mixed some w my protein shake-yummy!
My counselor recommended the Choc over berries- the caramel would be good w Apple slices

I've tried the choc dip before which to me is nasty gross but the syrups -much better!
Old 09-17-2015, 12:59 PM   #34  
Idaho

bigdog - lol, I realized that later. I realized that adding protein powder to the protein HNS didn't make any sense.....sorry!

I get to switch to the green menu (Meta Slim) tomorrow and I am excited! Yesterday and today have been rough. I'm not sure if it is hunger or fall cravings. I love fall food! Caramel apples, pumpkin everything, etc. It rained yesterday and today and just feels like a pumpkin spice latte day. I am proud of myself for making a regular coffee with 1 T of milk and pumpkin spice Stevia drops. Bigdog keeps giving me things to try - next on the list is the Walden caramel!

Everyone have a great day!!!
Old 09-18-2015, 12:01 PM   #35  
Idaho

Just me again. I am leaving for our camping trip soon and just wanted to tell everyone to have a great weekend!

The scale didn't budge AGAIN today, but I am still glad to be on the green menu (more choices for fruit and 2 eggs for breakfast instead of just one!). I made myself some AWESOME salads for the trip (lettuce, chicken, berries and a few almonds) so I don't feel deprived when others are eating smore's, etc. Yes, I know almonds aren't technically allowed on my program, but there are only 8 per salad and I figure a few of them are better than a bad choice for camping food.... I have been sooooooo good for 10 days in a row. I can do this!

Happy Friday!
Old 09-18-2015, 04:18 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 272/241/190

Height: 5'9

Just checking in. Weighed in today instead of tomorrow because I have a crazy day tomorrow. Lost 2 lbs so I hit the 25. I mentioned earlier in the thread that once I hit that goal I was going to my favorite Mexican restaurant. Just found out they are closed for two weeks for vacation. Probably a good thing.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
llarends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 12:30 PM   #37  
Idaho

llarends - WOOT WOOT on the 25 lbs!!!! I grew up in Omaha - what is your favorite Mexican restaurant?

My camping trip was a diet buster. All of my best plans shot. So I made these great looking salads for lunch for both days to give me a lunch to look forward to. Pre-chopped lettuce, berries, some almonds and chicken. Well, the lettuce froze in the cooler and was a mushy, slimy mess. So, I ate sandwiches, chips, and of course went way overboard. Back on program today.
Old 09-21-2015, 12:50 PM   #38  
Motivated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by selway View Post
llarends - WOOT WOOT on the 25 lbs!!!! I grew up in Omaha - what is your favorite Mexican restaurant?

My camping trip was a diet buster. All of my best plans shot. So I made these great looking salads for lunch for both days to give me a lunch to look forward to. Pre-chopped lettuce, berries, some almonds and chicken. Well, the lettuce froze in the cooler and was a mushy, slimy mess. So, I ate sandwiches, chips, and of course went way overboard. Back on program today.
I had good intentions too while camping for 10 days at the beach! We did eat salads and lots of fish but did have ice cream and brownies . Low cal margaritas and mich ultra. Less of everything, though and when we had a late lunch, pretty much skipped dinner. We were on the go the whole time walking the beach and walking the 3 dogs multi times daily.
I should have at least drinked more protein shakes but didn't always have access to a bathroom .
Back on plan today, drank 2 HNSs and NO LIE- 10 trips to the potty already! LOL
Excellent weight losses- you gals are motivating!!

Last edited by bigdog; 09-21-2015 at 12:52 PM.
Old 09-21-2015, 01:01 PM   #39  

Selway: I was speaking of Nettie's in Bellevue. They have excellent house margaritas, and a Potato and Pea Enchilada that is awesome. It's the only thing I order when I go there.

I leave Friday to go out of town for a conference. It's going to be a challenge, but I am going to try my best to make good choices and get in a lot of walking. I plan to weigh in at the center the day that I leave.
Old 09-21-2015, 03:18 PM   #40  
Rocky Mountain "Hi"

S/C/G: 212 / 204 / 150

Height: 5'3"

I'm having a hard time choking down all the meat, so I'm experimenting with protein powder alternatives. Made baked "donuts" this AM, with some success, but they still need finesse.

My center is failing on the motivational front. I haven't been there in over a week and not a single call/email/text from them. Not that I care much since I can't stand those 1:1 meetings, but they are being paid to motivate... right? Doesn't matter since I'm on target at -2 lbs per week. I can do this on my own.
wurdnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 08:51 AM   #41  

Wurdnurd: What are the baked donuts? My go to breakfast on the weekends is the "pancakes" made with cottage cheese, egg and Vanilla pudding supplement. I love them with sugar free syrup!
Old 09-22-2015, 11:36 AM   #42  
Rocky Mountain "Hi"

Chocolate-Strawberry Protein Powder Donuts
1 scoop protein powder
2 tbs oat flour (or coconut flour, almond meal, etc)
1 tbs cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 eggs (or 2 flax eggs if going vegan)
1 Tbs milk
4 oz strawberry puree (thaw frozen strawberries)
sweetener to taste
Combine wet ingredients. Combine dry ingredients. Slowly mix dry into wet until thoroughly blended. Pour into donut baking molds and bake at 350 for 10 minutes.

This is clearly not an MRC approve recipe, so follow your instinct. My first effort came out a bit dry and not very sweet. I used the coconut flour which can be very drying, so next batch will use something different. They aren't Krispy Kreme, but they will do nicely.

Last edited by wurdnerd; 09-22-2015 at 11:38 AM.
Old 09-22-2015, 12:52 PM   #43  
Idaho

bigdog - Yes! I can usually tell when I am going to have a big loss the next day on the scale by the number of trips to the restroom the day before... Glad you had a nice vacation, it sounds like you have been busy with work and were ready for some quality downtime!

wurdnerd - keep up the great work, it sounds like you are figuring out what works for you! Sorry your center is frustrating/disappointing you. I make coconut flour waffles sometimes (not on plan obviously) and eat them with berries and Greek yogurt.

llarends - I have never heard of Nettie's! I don't know Bellevue that well and left in 1990, so it has been a while! Anywhere fun for your conference?

I am having a good day - kicking myself for my weekend binge, but happy to be back on track. I was browsing the MRC Facebook page and there was someone that had quit the program but had boxes and boxes of HNS, etc. and was looking for someone to take them off of her hands. I did and the box arrives tomorrow. She said that there are a lot of bars in the box. Do your current programs have bars in them? Are they meal replacement or HNS replacement or snack? I have my older menus and they are actually different depending on the menu (Meta Balance vs. Meta Slim). I'm not sure if those were different bars or not.... I usually don't buy any type of bar due to my bingeing problem - afraid that if they taste too good, I will eat the whole box in a day!

Everyone have a great day!
Old 09-23-2015, 12:13 AM   #44  
Rocky Mountain "Hi"

I was told the bars count as a meal replacement as long as you also have an HNS along with. Whatever it takes to get you to consume more product, eh?
Some of the bars are very sweet and candy-like, so you might want to hide them in a hard to reach location. :-)

Last edited by wurdnerd; 09-23-2015 at 12:17 AM.
Old 09-23-2015, 02:32 PM   #45  
Just joined

S/C/G: 202/193/150

Height: 5ft 7in

Red face

Are you all still following MRC? I am brand new to this diet and the forum.

Looking for people on the MRC, curious to hear how they are fairing.

Started Sept 14 weighed 202, Scale this morning smiled back with a 193!
Eready2Bskinnyagain is offline   Reply With Quote