MRC January 2014

You're on Page 3 of 6
Go to
  • Lady 67 and Patsy,

Thanks so much for the encouragement I am gradually getting back on track... Today I had vegetable soup ( it probably had some things in it I shouldn't have had) but at least it is not candy or ice cream hope to be back 100 percent too thanks for the idea about the food journal ! That is a great idea! Weigh in Tuesday
  • bsbarlow, Welcome! Hope your weigh-in goes well!

Sherral and cmarty, welcome back!

Lady, I've not had any problems taking the powder in my suitcase or even in my carryon, and I've travelled several times while on program and since. You might check with the airline, but I would take it in the box, so it had the nutritional info with it.
  • cmarty,

If you have a smart phone, I use the MyFitnessPal app, and it really helps because I always have my phone with me. Much easier for me than actually finding that piece of paper & writing it down.
  • Quote: Hi Everyone!

Well I am fat as ever! My husband was in the hospital for a week and I got off track and stayed off for 2 months. So today, I started over again, I am determined to conquer this weight battle!
    Patsy, I really admire your abililty to stay on track. I know this is a lifestyle change and I guess I haven't really made that commitment! I have to though..I don't want to be fat and unhealthy! So girls, I'm here crying again..hoping that one day I can be more of an inspiration rather than a crybaby.
    So tomorrow...here I go again

CMARTY- I'm right there with you! You are not alone. I remember you from when I first started last January. I lost 85 pounds (yay), and then November and December came and I.LOST.MY.MIND, eating everything I could find. Like you, I'm back on track now, and determined to find out what the maintenance menu looks like one of these days, lol. I gained 22 pounds back, so I now have a total of 40 pounds left to lose. Glad to see that I'm not the only one who gave into my cravings, and then got back on the horse!
  • Quote: cmarty,

If you have a smart phone, I use the MyFitnessPal app, and it really helps because I always have my phone with me. Much easier for me than actually finding that piece of paper & writing it down.
    Yes, Marvene! Thanks I have Fitness Pal on my smart phone! I just haven't ever used it. I will pull it out and use it. Thanks for the advice!
  • Quote: CMARTY- I'm right there with you! You are not alone. I remember you from when I first started last January. I lost 85 pounds (yay), and then November and December came and I.LOST.MY.MIND, eating everything I could find. Like you, I'm back on track now, and determined to find out what the maintenance menu looks like one of these days, lol. I gained 22 pounds back, so I now have a total of 40 pounds left to lose. Glad to see that I'm not the only one who gave into my cravings, and then got back on the horse!
    Well,I know if we lost it one time we can lose it again! Glad your back!Maybe we can figure this out together!
  • I am proud that the scale is moving down at home! The hardest part was getting back on track! I am there now...woo! Hoo! Thanks for all the encouragement here!
  • Congrats Patsy and bsbarlow for the weight loss!
  • For you gals that order from Diet direct.. They have 20% off on their Bariwise Diet Cocoa. I just ordered Irish Creme, Mocha and Amaretta.. That is my chocolate fix at night.. I have it hot if cool here, but when real hot, I make it earlier and chill it for a cold drink..

Patzi
  • Well...still trying to find my way back to my goal weight. However, I am getting hungry in between meals. I am doing the meta-balance menu with 3 snacks. I don't understand why I am getting hungry. I have tried the fiber drinks as a filler...and they work for a few minutes but in 30 mins I am hungry again. I can do this diet...I did this diet(and i was hungry then too). It seems like its harder now than the first time. Any suggestions
  • Quote: Well...still trying to find my way back to my goal weight. However, I am getting hungry in between meals. I am doing the meta-balance menu with 3 snacks. I don't understand why I am getting hungry. I have tried the fiber drinks as a filler...and they work for a few minutes but in 30 mins I am hungry again. I can do this diet...I did this diet(and i was hungry then too). It seems like its harder now than the first time. Any suggestions
    Are you eating enough protein? When I am hungry, I have some protein.. I always have chicken or some form of protein cooked in fridge for this.. If you go to MRC, I would have them fix this.. They will have to adjust your diet plan so you are full and not hungry so often. I found when I was on Meta Slim I was told to add more protein to my diet and that really helped. For instance,if I was to be eating 4 oz. of protein, I added another ounce to it at each meal and I cut back on my carbs. It helped with the cravings and feeling like I had to eat due to hunger.

Patzi
  • Back on Track~
    Hi everyone! I have been with Metabolic since last March, made it to 40 pounds lost with 10 to go to reach my goal. Slowly but surely was still working towards my goals. I had some minor setbacks. I got back on plan then had some very stressful and sad situations come up. Long story short, my father passed away on Thanksgiving. I had gained a total of 9 pounds back during all of these setbacks and going off plan with no exercise. I have gone back on-plan this week and lost 3 pounds so far. So as of today I am only 16 pounds or so away from my goal of 50 pounds lost! I am inspired by all of the stories and posts here and would love to join the thread to gain inspiration, motivation as well as do my best to motivate others! MRC does work! Its my determination I have to work on!

=5 pounds lost
  • Quote: Hi everyone! I have been with Metabolic since last March, made it to 40 pounds lost with 10 to go to reach my goal. Slowly but surely was still working towards my goals. I had some minor setbacks. I got back on plan then had some very stressful and sad situations come up. Long story short, my father passed away on Thanksgiving. I had gained a total of 9 pounds back during all of these setbacks and going off plan with no exercise. I have gone back on-plan this week and lost 3 pounds so far. So as of today I am only 16 pounds or so away from my goal of 50 pounds lost! I am inspired by all of the stories and posts here and would love to join the thread to gain inspiration, motivation as well as do my best to motivate others! MRC does work! Its my determination I have to work on!

=5 pounds lost
    Sorry for your loss. Keep up the good work and thank you for the encouragement.
  • Quote: Are you eating enough protein? When I am hungry, I have some protein.. I always have chicken or some form of protein cooked in fridge for this.. If you go to MRC, I would have them fix this.. They will have to adjust your diet plan so you are full and not hungry so often. I found when I was on Meta Slim I was told to add more protein to my diet and that really helped. For instance,if I was to be eating 4 oz. of protein, I added another ounce to it at each meal and I cut back on my carbs. It helped with the cravings and feeling like I had to eat due to hunger.

Patzi
    thanks Patzi, I will be going to see them tomorrow. I will talk with them about it. I am only suppose to be having 3oz of protein and 3 oz of veggies.
  • metaprotein?
    Sooo gained 1.2 over holidays and still no more loss...center just tries to sell me more supplements. ...complained to person in charge and she wants to switch me to metaprotein program...anyone been om this one? How is it?