Old 10-18-2011, 05:19 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 260/189/185

Height: 5'11"

Big Dog I agree wear the sage suit. It will make you feel good for being a smaller size. It's now or never.
ynapier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 05:35 PM   #137  
Maintenance Member

S/C/G: 211/191/175

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
Tami...
I have had to purchase weeks, as I did not meet my goal when they told me. As a matter of fact I had to purchase weeks twice. Last purchase, did not need the full amount of weeks, so they put it on to end of my maintenance, so it all worked out well.

I was told when wanting to lose weight, think eggs in mornning and fish for lunch and dinner.

Happy Birthday to you..

Patzi
Thank you, Patzi

I will try the eggs and fish...and I guess if I buy more weeks, what I don't need would just get added onto Maintenance...good idea! I may seriously consider this.

Thank you also for always being such an inspiration on our board....I love your words of wisdom, and you sharing your journey gives me hope for mine!

Tami
Tamikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 09:15 PM   #138  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaswa View Post
Bigdog,
nah, sage is a Fall color! Wear it, you will feel so good. And you made really good choices to offset the beer, so it could have been much worse. Just dont do it EVERY weekend
i always wear black or black and white...maybe brown or green... i was thinking the sage suit w/ black stockings and black boots and black tank under suit - haha! i know everyone is like WTH? i think i would shock everyone to have just Sage and no black.... it's 80 degrees here this week..hmmm...i'll have to prob go barelegged w/ boots :-)

there is a Art walk this weekend....no beer but free wine and champagne...maybe i'll take my pink lemonade protein drink w/ me in my purse and sip that in a wine glass! maybe a little champagne mixed in? i will be walking it off..
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 09:21 PM   #139  
Motivated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenB72 View Post
Not sure what's going on, but I'm still not back to my old self yet. My temp is still up a bit and I feel like crap. Friday night I thought I had food poisoning. I had ALL the symptoms with the exception of vomiting. I think I spent most of the night in the bathroom. Was still nauseous Saturday morning, but it went away as the day went on. Sunday was like Friday night, just not as bad. Yesterday, I woke up with a very sore throat which may be from allergies and post nasal drip. I swear, I think I'm falling apart. Due to intestinal issues, my weight is back up a pound, but I think that is partly due to dehydration from all my trips to the bathroom so I'm trying to drink more water. I'll weigh in tomorrow and take it from there. I just hope this passes soon.
hope you feel better soon, Jen! sounds like the flu or a 24 hour virus. try to drink some pediayte? (sp) or gatorade to keep your electolytes up. if you don't want to go to the doctor, ask your local pharmacist. they are very helpful.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:40 PM   #140  
Motivated Member

Default New Goal - ready set... GO!

ok, when i first joined, i wanted to lose 10 -15 lbs before i went on vacation in Sept. i lost 12 lbs., all was good. i need another goal. am going to visit family in Nov in 3 weeks so am setting another goal...6 lbs. that's only 2 lbs a week, i can do that. the reason i joined MRC was because my sister emailed all these horrible photos of me at the reunion in June to EVERYONE. yikes. back view, side view....could have shot her. it's like, hello? don't you know you take photos from the waist up and not of people bending over. but that's ok, i'm losing and will now have the energy and speed to grab that camera out of her hands and smash it... oops sorry, this isn't about her, this is about ME :-) so 6 lbs less, here i come and maybe even more...but we'll start w/ a Good 6 lbs. down :-) by Nov. 4th.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:49 AM   #141  
Maintenance Member

S/C/G: 211/191/175

Height: 5'5

I have decided that I am not going to make goals for myself anymore...I think I am jinxing myself by doing so. When I make the goals, I am taking control, yet I have handed over this whole journey to my Lord...so maybe I need to allow him to work. Our goals for me may not match Instead, I will keep plucking along, doing my part the best that I can! Happy Birthday to me today!! Next year at this time, I hope to finally be on Maintenance!! LOL

WI for me is today at 11am...yes, prayers would be GREAT!!

Tami

Last edited by Tamikl; 10-19-2011 at 10:56 AM.
Tamikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 11:14 AM   #142  

S/C/G: 239.5/see ticker/165

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamikl View Post
I have decided that I am not going to make goals for myself anymore...I think I am jinxing myself by doing so. When I make the goals, I am taking control, yet I have handed over this whole journey to my Lord...so maybe I need to allow him to work. Our goals for me may not match Instead, I will keep plucking along, doing my part the best that I can! Happy Birthday to me today!! Next year at this time, I hope to finally be on Maintenance!! LOL

Tami
Im with you Tami. Last month I made a goal and missed it by 2lbs iirc, I was really bummed. This month my goal is to eat op and lose something every week. Also to be happy with the weight I lose and not expect the big numbers that other get (because quite frankly that is not how my body works and I know it). Here's to a happy journey for you and I and everybody else out there.

Good luck at WI today!!
AND
Happy Birthday!!

Last edited by Fluffy in Florida; 10-19-2011 at 11:16 AM.
Fluffy in Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:22 PM   #143  
Started program June 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamikl View Post

Tami
Happy Birthday to you! :
Junie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:41 PM   #144  

Some chit chat on maintenance.

Went to center today as I forgot something there when weighing in yesterday. I met up with a lady I met when I started MRC. . She had more weight to lose than I did, but she is on maintenance. I did not realize it was the same person. She is the one that came up to me, as I did not recognize her.. She went from a size 22 to a size 6, and was in skinny clothes.. She said once she stopped cheating and fooling herself, she did fine, and lost 89 pounds and 101 inches.. Says she is more confident , and has so much more energy, and for the first time in ages she geels good and is very very happy.
Thought this may help one that is contemplating maintenance with anticipation or just struggling at this point..

Have a great day and think thin and stay focused.. That is the key, staying OP.
Patzi

Last edited by patzi; 10-19-2011 at 12:42 PM.
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 02:35 PM   #145  
Started March 26, 2011

S/C/G: 328/228/199

Height: 5'9"

Default Stranger Danger!

Yes, I am the stranger! It's been so long and don't even want to talk about how far behind I am. I don't think I've been on here for a couple of weeks. Shame on me!

We finally got moved into our house and I'm loving it! Such a nice quiet neighborhood. I mowed the yard for the first time this past Friday. What a work out! I haven't really been to the gym in about 3 weeks because of moving & work. This doing 2 jobs for the price of 1 is really starting to get old and I really wish they would hurry up and hire someone because the stress is really getting me down! And to add to the stress, my mom's car died and is going to cost over $3000 to get a motor.. and it's not even worth that much! So we've been having to share my car. I really don't know how everyone with kids does it! That has also limited me from going to the gym because I have to pick her up from work, take her home and at that point it's after 6pm on some nights and time to cook dinner. But a friend of mine is joining the gym I go to and we are going to start working out next week. I may just let my mom have my car, drop me off in the mornings, walk to the gym and then have my friend take me home. We'll see!

I have pretty much been OP but eating at odd times and not really switching things up so my weight loss has slowed down a lot. I signed the 90lb board on September 27th but since then, I have only lost 4 lbs! Only losing 1lb - 1.5lbs per week but the consultants don't seem to be worried about it. It's getting a little frustrating but I'm hanging in there! I go in for measurements on Friday but can't really tell that I've lost move inches. My bra & pants still feel the same. I hope that hasn't stalled too!

Anyway - I did flip back a few days and saw a new face!! JenB!! You look FANTASTIC!

I actually created a collage of "My Face". So I'm attaching it here.

I will really do my best to try to check in more often. I've missed everyone on here. And, can't promise anything but I'm going to try to catch up on all the threads.

Hope everyone is having a great week!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg My Face.jpg (45.8 KB, 56 views)
Rzrbackcandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 02:38 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Bigdog, that is a decent, reasonable goal! Funny about the clueless sister. You're gonna show her!
camaswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 04:15 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 239.5/see ticker/165

Height: 5'4"

You are looking awesome Candi!! You might be suprised with the inches. Looks like changes from Sept to the Oct pic. Keep up the great work.
Fluffy in Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 05:55 PM   #148  

Candi..
Nice to hear from you. I am so happy to hear you like your new home.

You have done great with your weight loss, with all that you have been thru,pat yourself on the back,and I wish you well on weigh in.

Take care of yourself, and you will be back in the groove before you know it.

Patzi
Old 10-19-2011, 05:57 PM   #149  

Candi...
Just took a look of your latest picture.. You look awesome,can sure tell you are losing all over by the weight you have lost in your face alone. You look great.. Thanks for sharing those pictures with everyone.. You are such an inspiration..

Patzi
Old 10-19-2011, 08:13 PM   #150  
Motivated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzrbackcandi View Post
Yes, I am the stranger! It's been so long and don't even want to talk about how far behind I am. I don't think I've been on here for a couple of weeks. Shame on me!

We finally got moved into our house and I'm loving it! Such a nice quiet neighborhood. I mowed the yard for the first time this past Friday. What a work out! I haven't really been to the gym in about 3 weeks because of moving & work. This doing 2 jobs for the price of 1 is really starting to get old and I really wish they would hurry up and hire someone because the stress is really getting me down! And to add to the stress, my mom's car died and is going to cost over $3000 to get a motor.. and it's not even worth that much! So we've been having to share my car. I really don't know how everyone with kids does it! That has also limited me from going to the gym because I have to pick her up from work, take her home and at that point it's after 6pm on some nights and time to cook dinner. But a friend of mine is joining the gym I go to and we are going to start working out next week. I may just let my mom have my car, drop me off in the mornings, walk to the gym and then have my friend take me home. We'll see!

I have pretty much been OP but eating at odd times and not really switching things up so my weight loss has slowed down a lot. I signed the 90lb board on September 27th but since then, I have only lost 4 lbs! Only losing 1lb - 1.5lbs per week but the consultants don't seem to be worried about it. It's getting a little frustrating but I'm hanging in there! I go in for measurements on Friday but can't really tell that I've lost move inches. My bra & pants still feel the same. I hope that hasn't stalled too!

Anyway - I did flip back a few days and saw a new face!! JenB!! You look FANTASTIC!

I actually created a collage of "My Face". So I'm attaching it here.

I will really do my best to try to check in more often. I've missed everyone on here. And, can't promise anything but I'm going to try to catch up on all the threads.

Hope everyone is having a great week!
Candi, you look fantastic!!! and losing 1 to 1.5 lbs is great per week, losing is all that matters. thanks for sharing the stories, very motivating!!!