Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 06:13 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 210/207/180

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherlady79 View Post
I've been trying SlimQuick, and it seemed to help during my TOM last week--I still lost a pound, and usually I stay the same or gain during TOM.

HOWEVER, I think knowing that it helps actually made it more difficult for me to stay OP these last few days. After my -1lb weigh-in on Saturday, it's as though I subconsciously thought I could eat whatever I want and still not gain due to the SlimQuick. NOT. I wasn't going to weigh in today, but I'm glad I did--it was a reality check when the scale went up to 208.

I'm going to be strict with myself the rest of this week and continue taking the SlimQuick (and adding my cortitrim back in) and see how things go. I'll definitely update everyone after my weigh in on Saturday.
Yes, keep me posted. I'm trying to determine if I should take cortitrim to help me push toward my goal. I'm not taking any of the supplements at this point but I'm getting anxious that I'm not losing like I wanted. I did toss the ice cream last night and I'm trying to stay STRICTLY OP.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:21 PM   #122  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoalBound View Post
I wish I could go on the 2 meal plan, but due to my health, they won't let me do any other plan, but the balance. I just want to get rid of the fruit!! LOL
I love the 2 meal plan - I'm on it, just switched to it last week because I don't like being forced to eat 3 meals a day. I'm sticking with this - you can skip either breakfast or dinner with just an MRC Nutra bar. You can cut the fruit on the 2 meal plan.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:23 PM   #123  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaK190 View Post
Weighed in today .. down 1 lb after no loss for 2 weeks. I was glad to see the scale move. So many of you are struggling these days. I definitely don't feel alone with these hurdles. Although I often wonder if I will ever reach my goal weight at this rate.

@ Patzi - Thank you for sharing your journey on stabilization. OMG - I can not wait to taste peanut butter again!
Yea Lisa you are in Raleigh? You go to the one Six Forks or Cary? I'm with Rachel on Six Forks.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:00 PM   #124  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nair View Post
Hi,

Which yoga class do u go to?

R
I've been going to yoga at Prairie Life Fitness at Midtown Crossing. Stacia (who also teaches at One Tree Yoga and the yoga place in the old market) teaches the beginning class on Monday nights, and Thea teaches the I-II class on Fridays. They are both excellent teachers!
Old 04-06-2011, 08:02 PM   #125  
Started Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmendmv View Post
Yes, keep me posted. I'm trying to determine if I should take cortitrim to help me push toward my goal. I'm not taking any of the supplements at this point but I'm getting anxious that I'm not losing like I wanted. I did toss the ice cream last night and I'm trying to stay STRICTLY OP.
I've been doing the cortitrim for just over a month now, and I really think that's what has helped me over the plateau "hump" I was dealing with last month.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:33 PM   #126  

Hi..
A comment on eating out. Any time I have gone out since starting MRC or when away on business meetings,I have stayed OP, and each time I gain weight.. This is so frustrating, but there is nothing I can do about it.I always take a Fat and Carb blocker when eating out, and if there is nothing I can eat,I eat a salad only, and have a bar on way home .

I ate out last night.I ordered grilled chicken,grilled dry, no seasonings, no fat,and steamed veggies, no butter and a small salad. Had my own salad dressing with me, and put an HNS in my water.. I weighed in this morning and gained 1 1/2 pounds. One counselor told me that they marinade food in restaurants, and for me, it is probably water weight from the salt in marinade of chicken, and who knows what they do with veggies, and she said she knew of a restaurant that kept their salad in iced salted water for crispness.

I was away three days one time and ate OP ,came home and gained 2 pounds.

Just wanted to reveal this, in case anyone becomes frustrated with same situation,it does happen.. Just stay OP and go on to the next day,and if it does not come off,do a day or so of Meta Quick.. The weight will come back off.

Patzi
Old 04-06-2011, 08:37 PM   #127  
Started Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
and she said she knew of a restaurant that kept their salad in iced salted water for crispness.
Ha! I knew it! There's been times I've gone to restaurants and only got a salad--brought my own dressing and ate a bar on the way home--and still gained. I jokingly told someone that there's so much sodium in restaurant food, they probably dunk their salad veggies in a bowl of salt before serving it.

Apparently, I wasn't too far off...
Old 04-06-2011, 10:37 PM   #128  
Started March 26, 2011

S/C/G: 328/228/199

Height: 5'9"

So now I guess I'm really confused about splitting the proteins. A couple of you posted your center told you not to do that. I've been splitting the proteins since day 1. I guess I need to ask another consultant to see what she says.

I had a really tough day at work today and started eating my lunch at 12:45 - before I knew it, it was 1:45-2:00 and still had my apple & Chocolate pudding (HNS). I ate the HNS and at 2:30 took a bite of the apple but then thought I shouldn't be eating the apple. I didn't eat much of it. I asked the consultant tonight and she said to eat everything within an hour. If you can't eat it within an hour, then don't eat it.. especially with fruits & starches but definitely eat/drink the HNS. I also missed my afternoon snack, 2oz. of turkey - she told me to add it to my dinner. She also said if I feel hungry during the day, since I'm on a $$$ crunch and can't really afford to use more than 3 HNS each day - to have a serving of sugar free jello.

I just want this program to work and I want to do everything right. I know it'll get easier but right now I'm just really confused.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:11 PM   #129  
Horses make the sun shine

S/C/G: 148/135/118

Height: 5' 2"

Wi today and I lost 1.5lbs! After being completely off plan during all the horror of the weekend with my horse, I actually lost more than a pound. Maybe I should go back to my old non-eating habits when on a plateau in the future, it sure seemed to help.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:37 AM   #130  

S/C/G: 279/256.5/150

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Hi..
she said she knew of a restaurant that kept their salad in iced salted water for crispness.

Patzi
During one of my classes recently the manager was talking about her experience on maintence and mentioned that she had asked about how the baked potatoes were prepared if she ordered it plain with no butter. After finally speaking with the chef she found out they soak the potatoes in salt and melted butter for a couple of hours, bake it and then coat it with butter while it is waiting to be served and this how they serve a "plain baked potato with no butter". I find this really fustrating and it makes me angry. We really do have to do our reasearch and demand acurate answers (the waitstaff rarely knows how the food is really prepared). It should not be this hard to get a healthy meal when eating out - especially considering how much it costs to eat out.

I think I'm done ranting now.

Mariah
Old 04-07-2011, 07:26 AM   #131  

S/C/G: 202/152/150

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmendmv View Post
Yea Lisa you are in Raleigh? You go to the one Six Forks or Cary? I'm with Rachel on Six Forks.
I go to the Cary center. We actually live in Harnett county. I don't think I've met Rachel before.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:20 AM   #132  
Started program June 2010

Quote:
Hi..
A comment on eating out. Any time I have gone out since starting MRC or when away on business meetings,I have stayed OP, and each time I gain weight.. This is so frustrating, but there is nothing I can do about it.I always take a Fat and Carb blocker when eating out, and if there is nothing I can eat,I eat a salad only, and have a bar on way home .

I ate out last night.I ordered grilled chicken,grilled dry, no seasonings, no fat,and steamed veggies, no butter and a small salad. Had my own salad dressing with me, and put an HNS in my water.. I weighed in this morning and gained 1 1/2 pounds. One counselor told me that they marinade food in restaurants, and for me, it is probably water weight from the salt in marinade of chicken, and who knows what they do with veggies, and she said she knew of a restaurant that kept their salad in iced salted water for crispness.

I was away three days one time and ate OP ,came home and gained 2 pounds.

Just wanted to reveal this, in case anyone becomes frustrated with same situation,it does happen.. Just stay OP and go on to the next day,and if it does not come off,do a day or so of Meta Quick.. The weight will come back off.

Patzi

Well, now we know!! This is good to know, because it is frustrating. At the beginning of the program, I avoided eating out because of this.

Do you think the weight gain is water weight only, though (if you stayed as OP as possible)?
Old 04-07-2011, 10:13 AM   #133  

S/C/G: 191.5/175/155

Height: 5'2.5"

Good morning! I'm new here. The comments, questions and answers in this forum were the biggest factor in my decision to join MRC. I've been losing more slowly than I'd like, but as I am only 3 1/2 weeks into the plan, I am not discouraged. Reading of the struggles and successes of everyone is helping me keep things in perspective. Thank you for taking the time to post!
Old 04-07-2011, 10:18 AM   #134  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

Keep up the great effort everyone. You are doing so well. Yes, we all have setbacks from time to time, but the bigger picture produces something much more wonderful. To feel amazing, healthy, energetic, youthful -- there is no dollar amount that can top that. So CHEERS everyone. Keep up the extraordinary work and summer 2011 is your OYSTER! oooo, oysters, yum -- woops! sorry, got off track. CHEERS, Joy2MeNu
Old 04-07-2011, 10:24 AM   #135  
Started March 26, 2011

S/C/G: 328/228/199

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnionEyes View Post
Good morning! I'm new here. The comments, questions and answers in this forum were the biggest factor in my decision to join MRC. I've been losing more slowly than I'd like, but as I am only 3 1/2 weeks into the plan, I am not discouraged. Reading of the struggles and successes of everyone is helping me keep things in perspective. Thank you for taking the time to post!
Welcome OnionEyes!
Closed Thread