Old 03-22-2011, 12:29 PM   #16  
Started March 26, 2011

S/C/G: 328/228/199

Height: 5'9"

Maybe I should invest in a topsy turvy :-) I live in an apartment so not too many places to plant things. My brother always grows gigantic tomatoes, which is kinda silly because he doesn't like them either. But he works for Scott's so every year, they have a tomato growing contest. That miracle grow sure does work! Anyway, I guess I could have him save me some and I'll just have to grind them up and figure out a way to eat them.

Thanks for all the info!
Rzrbackcandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 05:51 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 156 / 150 / 125

Height: 5"1

I have a similar question about onions, carrots and corn. They won't let us eat those because of the sugar content, but what about in moderation and just every so often?
HappyHallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:37 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 279/256.5/150

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHallie View Post
I have a similar question about onions, carrots and corn. They won't let us eat those because of the sugar content, but what about in moderation and just every so often?
Green onions are fine but no other kind, no corn and no carrots. . . MRC is really an all or nothing plan. If you do not follow the plan 100% you will not loose the weight. The plan uses food to create a chemical reaction in your body that helps you burn fat - if you mess with the plan your body will not stay in fat burning mode - - - but take heart, these foods will come back during maintenance.

Mariah
momoffour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:01 PM   #19  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Mariah is absolutely correct. And yes, they do come back in maintenance. I never thought I'd be so happy to get to eat more vegetables.
teacherlady79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:46 PM   #20  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

This is generic info (trivia really) - not MRC-specific, as I'm not on MRC.

When people say canned tomatoes are superior to fresh, what they're generally talking about is lycopene content. Cooking releases more lycopene (or makes it easier for the body to absorb it), so you get more lycopene from cooked tomatoes than raw ones. So canned tomatoes (for lycopene) are superior to fresh, raw (but you can always cook your own fresh tomatoes too).

I tend to use more canned tomatoes than raw, because they're cheaper and more convenient (and because I'm not a big fan of raw tomato). In the summer, I buy and eat more fresh tomatoes - still not very often raw though. My husband makes a terrific broth-based tomato basil soup with fresh tomatoes (he always uses at least three types of tomatoes).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 04:18 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

Just made enchilada dip and I used Hunt's no salt added diced tomatoes.

It has 15 grams of sodium per serving.
Dolly is offline   Reply With Quote