Old 11-21-2010, 12:36 PM   #1  

Default Can I buy HNS at other centers?

I just started MRC and got the cookbook, but my center says they never have the clear chicken supplement in stock and most of the recipes call for that. I have family close to another center, so I was wondering if we're allowed to buy these at another center?
I'm excited about the diet, but after my first day that I got all the supplements, etc. I discovered this site and also that they upsold me on a lot of stuff I didn't need or at the very least was optional. I know they make money from the HNS so I think they will tell me no if I ask, so I'm sending it out to you girls.

Thanks!
Becca
RebeccaTX111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 01:01 PM   #2  
Time to move!

S/C/G: 197/see ticker /140

Height: 5' 2 3/4"

I don't know for a fact, but it seems to me that if you take your current contract in there should be absolutely no reason why they wouldn't sell products to you at a different center. Our two centers here take deliveries from the same truck, so if one center is out of something, the other one probably is, too. Be sure to call the other center ahead of time and ask if they have what you want. You could also ask them if you can purchase from them. You are in some database somewhere, so maybe they can find you that way,too.
ladystarrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:55 PM   #3  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

when it comes to purchasing hns, you can get it from the center, or you purchase products from other places, such as dietdirect.com. You are absolutely not forced to purchase all hns through your center. If they tell you otherwise, then. well, that just isn't TRUE!

Now, as for them not stocking the chicken stock supplement, that is just bizarre. I am wondering how they can represent MRC and not offer this basic supplement, since, as you mentioned, it is in so many recipes.

I personally hate it, but if you need it for a recipe, then it should be available.

I am glad my center is not unstable like that.
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:46 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/178.8/150

Height: 5'4''

My center never has the chicken boullion either. I order it online. The soup on dietdirect.com is the same thing.
Razorbackbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:22 PM   #5  

So I won't get in "trouble" if I tell them I'm getting my HNS elsewhere? Diet Direct has better availability of a variety of flavors but I've hesitated to buy everything there because I've had consultants look at my chart and question me when I've said I don't need any more product. I guess either way whenever I've eaten off program I've not met the terms of my guarantee contract anyway.
Nicmom24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:32 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 209/178.8/150

Height: 5'4''

I don't buy everything there. I order 10 there and 10 at the center. Once a few weeks go by and I'm running low, I buy from the center again...then diet direct...back and forth. I don't think they notice at my center.
Razorbackbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:43 PM   #7  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicmom24 View Post
So I won't get in "trouble" if I tell them I'm getting my HNS elsewhere? Diet Direct has better availability of a variety of flavors but I've hesitated to buy everything there because I've had consultants look at my chart and question me when I've said I don't need any more product. I guess either way whenever I've eaten off program I've not met the terms of my guarantee contract anyway.
Nicmom, "get in trouble" -- Well, if you do, you're not in the right place. They are there for YOU. You are paying them to a job FOR YOU, not the other way around. Toughen up girl! You are calling the shots.

And I buy from the center most of the time, but if I see something I really like on dietdirect.com at a sale price, no one can tell me I can't buy it, but I sure don't tell the center that I am purchasing elsewhere. WHAT THEY DON'T KNOW WON'T HURT THEM!
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:21 PM   #8  

I was talking to the district manager at my FL center recently on the phone. She made a comment that I have never heard anywhere before, basically saying that there are just too many products for the centers to stock all that are available, i.e. it would take too much space and cost too much. I am glad so many of the centers seem to be starting to be more forthcoming with honest information and easier to work with. At one time, they told me no, we don't carry that, it's not on program and you can't use it.

I too buy online and the center. If the center has it, I buy it from them. They know I buy stuff online. I even send them sample of stuff they haven't tried. I sent them a box of the chocolate cakes a few weeks ago, and they have been fighting over them.
pbolton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 07:07 AM   #9  
Time to move!

S/C/G: 197/see ticker /140

Height: 5' 2 3/4"

Default Any center

I talked to the district manager last night at the parade. Because we are contract clients, we are in the MRC computer database. You should have no trouble walking into a center anywhere and purchasing MRC products.
ladystarrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:14 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 180.5/173/130

Height: 5'5"

My center didn't even tell me there was a cookbook. And I think they forget about my food class altogether.
mom2giqm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:16 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2giqm View Post
My center didn't even tell me there was a cookbook. And I think they forget about my food class altogether.
Sheesh, it sounds like you need your money back! They're complete duds!
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote