Old 06-12-2008, 10:05 PM   #1  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Default "After Market" HNS and such

I know MANY people have posted LOTS of links for other places to buy the HNS, meal bars, shakes, etc. I think a lot of it got deleted in the crash last week.

Here are the few I remember.

drwells
bodyandhealthessentials
dietdirect
mydietshopz (free shipping with $79 I think)
dietcenter (expensive, IMO)
bariatricchoice (free shipping over $79, most items are $9.99 and they do have a good variety I think, plus they have the meal replacement shakes for $14.95 and I think they're about $20 @ MRC)
weight-control.org (not cheap, good variety)

Some have concentrates, some do not. Some have ready-made shakes, some do not. I wish one had ALL of the stuff I wanted in one darn place. I was about to place two orders (one from B&HE and one from DD), however, I thought I'd post here once more to see what the other links are before I place two orders. Bodyandhealth has great stuff but I have to pay tax b/c I'm in FL. DRWells has some great stuff but no free shipping. Mydietshopz has no tax or shipping but their prices aren't as good. It probably all washes b/c of the different scenarios, but still.

I just want to get the biggest bang for my buck and I want a big variety b/c I get bored easy.

Can we use this thread to post about other places to buy this stuff and what our experiences have been with them?

Thanks everyone!

Last edited by Rocki; 06-12-2008 at 10:38 PM.
Rocki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 10:08 PM   #2  
This is the Last Time!

My experience with mydietshopz was great. I got a couple different shakers, however, that didn't work worth a crap. One was a battery operated "mug" that had a little whisky thing in the bottom that vibrated at the touch of a button. It still left skittles in my drinks. The other one they sent was the kind you get at the vitamin shops around town (GNC, Vitamin Shoppe) and I already threw it away b/c it didn't work either.

Other than the shaker issues, all the products were GREAT. They wrote me a personal note on the invoice, they were really great about trying to fix the shaker problem (sent me the second one free of charge and didn't ask for the 1st one back) and the shipping was fast and free.

Okay, ladies, post away.

Last edited by Rocki; 06-12-2008 at 10:19 PM.
Old 06-13-2008, 01:33 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 205.5/171.5/145

Height: 5'4.5"

Rocki - I haven't used any of the sites listed above but I wanted to say that I use a TW shaker (I have 2 of them as they worked great when the twins were on formula) to mix up my drinks. I have also been tempted to try the PC measure mix and pour! I will let you know how that one works!!! Of course our quik stir pitchers would work too but they are way too big for the little amount we do each day!

Sharisse
pamperedmomoftwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 09:10 AM   #4  
This is the Last Time!

I was going to buy a new TW shaker b/c I got a used one on Ebay and it leaked everywhere! UGH!

You could make several at a time in the Quick-Stir Pitcher and then just chill it. That might be good for me and hubby right now. Just put a whole box of grape, orange or mixed berry. Mmm....Interesting concept. I don't think the measure, mix and pour would work as great just because it's smaller and I really think it needs room to "shake" around. LMK though. I have no problems with the concentrates, just the powders. As for the websites, the bariatriccenter has the best selection with decent prices and free shipping. They have both powders, concentrates, meal replacements, etc..

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamperedmomoftwins View Post
Rocki - I haven't used any of the sites listed above but I wanted to say that I use a TW shaker (I have 2 of them as they worked great when the twins were on formula) to mix up my drinks. I have also been tempted to try the PC measure mix and pour! I will let you know how that one works!!! Of course our quik stir pitchers would work too but they are way too big for the little amount we do each day!

Sharisse
Old 06-13-2008, 12:44 PM   #5  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 206/187.5/165

Height: 5'8"

What's a TW shaker?

And, I thought that we were bound by the contract to buy the HNS's from the center? What happens when you stop buying the HNS from them, do they say something to you? Or do you buy a few boxes a week from them to look good in the system and then buy the other stuff online?

I'm confused lol But I get confused easily.

And about the meal replacement shakes... when can I start having those? I'm on day 7.

Thanks for the info on all the websites!
strawberryrhubarbpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 03:00 PM   #6  
This is the Last Time!

You're only required to have 2 HNS per day. Many of us drink up to 4. I buy the 5 for $55 @ the center about once per month just to "look good in the system" as you say! I think I'm going to buy from the Bariatric Center next time b/c they have concentrates powders, ready-mades and shakes, all for less money and free shipping. Plus, DH is doing the diet with me now and he's drinking the drinks as well (even though he's been drinking a lot of the EAS chocolate protein powder from Sam's Club). I like variety and I want to have the stuff on hand when I NEED it. My pantry is getting a bit low (except for creamies and you're only allowed 1 a day of those).

Oh, TW is Tupperware. I think a lot of girls (guys too maybe) have their shaker and it works good.

Ready made shakes start on day 11 I THINK!
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryrhubarbpie View Post
What's a TW shaker?

And, I thought that we were bound by the contract to buy the HNS's from the center? What happens when you stop buying the HNS from them, do they say something to you? Or do you buy a few boxes a week from them to look good in the system and then buy the other stuff online?

I'm confused lol But I get confused easily.

And about the meal replacement shakes... when can I start having those? I'm on day 7.

Thanks for the info on all the websites!

Last edited by Rocki; 06-13-2008 at 03:22 PM.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:27 PM   #7  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockijames View Post
Bodyandhealth has great stuff but I have to pay tax b/c I'm in FL. DRWells has some great stuff but no free shipping.
Y'know, I did too and it bugged me, because we aren't supposed to have to pay tax on "food" items. Maybe they don't consider it food, but some type of vitamin/supplement thing. But I did ask about it by e-mail, never heard back, tho. They acknowledged the question & said they'd get back to me, but they never did.

Oh, one more place you can get them, Lindora.com, but unless it's sale, the other sites are cheaper. One more thing about bodyandhealthessentials - the more you buy the bigger the discount, and sometimes they have pretty good specials with ann additional percentage off. I've gone in with a couple of friends to order & gotten it down to about $7/box.
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 10:35 PM   #8  
Em

Looks like a good place to put my "homebrew" HNS "recipe".

I use Crystal Light, plain unflavored whey protein powder, and/or egg whites. Takes a little label reading to get the right amounts of protein powder or egg whites (I use the pasteurized ones in the carton) to match up with the amounts in the HNS. And the texture won't be exactly the same as HNS. But it gets the job done.

Also - if you eat scrambled eggs for breakfast (or lunch on occasion) - you can add enough egg whites to amount to the same amount of protein in an HNS & get that protein boost (about 15 g) - basically all you're getting in an HNS is extra protein. The rest is color, flavor & sweetener.
Old 06-14-2008, 01:04 AM   #9  
Becky

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
Looks like a good place to put my "homebrew" HNS "recipe".

I use Crystal Light, plain unflavored whey protein powder, and/or egg whites. Takes a little label reading to get the right amounts of protein powder or egg whites (I use the pasteurized ones in the carton) to match up with the amounts in the HNS. And the texture won't be exactly the same as HNS. But it gets the job done.

Also - if you eat scrambled eggs for breakfast (or lunch on occasion) - you can add enough egg whites to amount to the same amount of protein in an HNS & get that protein boost (about 15 g) - basically all you're getting in an HNS is extra protein. The rest is color, flavor & sweetener.

Gosh - thanks for this tip Meemo! I just dropped another $141 tonight at my food meeting (the start up kit w/5 boxes HNS, vitamins, etc) plus I did buy the $30 bottle of corti-thin...hoping for some sort of miracle I suppose. I was starting to think I better lose my weight in a hurry cause I won't be able to afford this at this rate!

I think I'll try you HNS recipes though -thanks!
momofboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 09:31 AM   #10  
Dixie

Height: 5'3"

Mom, I started using the Corti Trim a couple of weeks back, I'm pleased with it. I take two each meal.
DKRiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 06:15 PM   #11  
Becky

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKRiley View Post
Mom, I started using the Corti Trim a couple of weeks back, I'm pleased with it. I take two each meal.

I've got not complaints with it...yet. I'm glad I appear to be taking it correctly though - I was a bit unsure if I was suppose to take another 2 before bed or not. I've never taken so many pills in my life - probably why I'm not starved all the time though!;
Old 06-15-2008, 06:20 PM   #12  
Becky

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockijames View Post
You're only required to have 2 HNS per day. Many of us drink up to 4. I buy the 5 for $55 @ the center about once per month just to "look good in the system" as you say! I think I'm going to buy from the Bariatric Center next time b/c they have concentrates powders, ready-mades and shakes, all for less money and free shipping. Plus, DH is doing the diet with me now and he's drinking the drinks as well (even though he's been drinking a lot of the EAS chocolate protein powder from Sam's Club). I like variety and I want to have the stuff on hand when I NEED it. My pantry is getting a bit low (except for creamies and you're only allowed 1 a day of those).

Oh, TW is Tupperware. I think a lot of girls (guys too maybe) have their shaker and it works good.

Ready made shakes start on day 11 I THINK!
Hey Rocki - wanted to thank you for posting these sites - I'm wanting to order some of my HNS from thing to save some money as well - but I'm a bit unsure....does it matter that these aren't actually "MRC" stuff - the other brands are ok? Are the nutrition facts the same - Which ones do you get? I'm not wanting to mess up my plan, but if I'm drinking 4 to 5 of these a day I'll never be able to afford it. Thanks!
Old 06-15-2008, 07:41 PM   #13  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofboys View Post
Hey Rocki - wanted to thank you for posting these sites - I'm wanting to order some of my HNS from thing to save some money as well - but I'm a bit unsure....does it matter that these aren't actually "MRC" stuff - the other brands are ok? Are the nutrition facts the same - Which ones do you get? I'm not wanting to mess up my plan, but if I'm drinking 4 to 5 of these a day I'll never be able to afford it. Thanks!
Same stuff, different label (for the most part - I've posted elsewhere to be careful of Wildberry - I ordered some from bodyandhealthessentials & it turned out to be a meal replacement rather than the Wildberry Passion. The rest have been just the same.

You probably shouldn't be having more than 4 HNS a day, by the way, assuming you're on the green menu.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:43 PM   #14  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 206/187.5/165

Height: 5'8"

I had 5 HNS's my first day on plan and when the lady looked over my food diary she didn't scold me over it. I think they would rather you have one more of those then something bad. She just reminded me that technically I'm only supposed to have up to 4 a day. She was more concerned that I was using 3 tablespoons of dressing instead of 2 on my salads lol.
strawberryrhubarbpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 11:54 PM   #15  
Becky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
Same stuff, different label (for the most part - I've posted elsewhere to be careful of Wildberry - I ordered some from bodyandhealthessentials & it turned out to be a meal replacement rather than the Wildberry Passion. The rest have been just the same.

You probably shouldn't be having more than 4 HNS a day, by the way, assuming you're on the green menu.

Thanks - the different label made me unsure I guess. I'm currently on the yellow menu (days 1 thru 4) and she told me "for the best results" use 4 to 5 a day. I'm guessing I'll be onto the blue menu next.... not sure what they tell me about how many to have on that one.