Old 08-13-2010, 06:41 PM   #76  
Started program June 2010

Pretty average week for me. I was down 2 pounds total, needed 2.2 to make it to 30 pounds! Monday I hope to surpass 30 by a margin!

Everyone have a great weekend.

Last edited by Junie04; 08-13-2010 at 06:42 PM. Reason: spelling error
Junie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 10:13 PM   #77  
Time to move!

S/C/G: 197/see ticker /140

Height: 5' 2 3/4"

Default Home again

I'm back from a ten-day road trip. I have not seen a scale nor have I had access to the Internet, so I'm super glad to be back with all of you wonderful "losers"! I plan to get on my home scale tomorrow morning, as usual. I did not stay OP during my trip, but I tried to eat sensibly and avoid too many carbs as much as I could. I will be pleasantly surprised if I managed to maintain my weight loss - in fact, I am preparing myself for seeing a gain. To make matters worse, I came home with a bladder infection, which means I feel generally lousy and will probably be in the bathroom all night unable to go! Tomorrow is another day, and hubby and I went to the store tonight and stocked up on good healthy OP veggies and eggs. I am going to give myself until next Tuesday before I return to my center. I figure if I gained water weight I'll take a few days of pushing water and veggies to get rid of it again. So I'm sucking it up...at least six pounds to go (maybe even ten) by the end of the month...back in the groove!
ladystarrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:32 AM   #78  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/125ish

Height: 5'2''

Good Morning !!! Happy Monday! Todays mission, make it through the day without getting on the scale!! I have become obsessed with weighing myself, which maybe would not be so bad if I didnt get upset when It goes up a pound or down a pound then up a pound at different times of the day. SO - I am going to TRY to only weigh myself on Wed and Sat...

Other then that, here's for a great week on plan, lots of weight loss and NO stress this week !!!
theycallmemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 02:15 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 222 / see tracker / 150

Height: 5'5'

Down 2.5 on Saturday! Which makes for a record breaking 4lbs last week! I spent the weekend shopping for a dress for my hs reunion which was so rewarding because I could try on anything in any store I wanted! It's taken a few months, but I'm finally feeling the reward of the work i've put in! I hope everyone else is too!
GoalAug2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 02:18 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 184/ticker/134

Height: 5'7"

Default Day One

So my husband and I are done with pre-conditioning and have officially started Day 1. I'm on the yellow menu for 4 days, then I think I go to another menu til Day 11, then my long-term menu after that. So far, so good. I'm not gonna lie, it was hard scarfing down 8 oz of salad veggies at lunch. Didn't realize how much that was!!

A friend of ours recently got a party barge and he's been inviting us all summer to go boating (aka anchor on a sandbar and drink beer all day). I'm too self-conscious to wear a bathing suit so we haven't gone, but I wanted to test myself so yesterday we finally went. I was proud of myself. I didn't drink at all and brought some cantaloupe with me for a snack instead of chips and burgers. If I can be in that atmosphere and not give in to my desire for a tasty barley pop, then I'm confident I can stay on track in other tempting situations as well. Woot.
Sandi Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 06:01 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 232/193/158

Height: 5'5"

Ugh ugh ugh. I was doing so well - haven't cheated in DAYS. And then yesterday I had a lia sophia party at my house - theme was Chics and Chocolates...and I made it through the WHOLE party without eating off plan...until right at the end when I was cleaning up. And then went to a dinner party last night for my husband's group that he belongs to, and I couldn't NOT eat, at least not without being rude. And then today was just a bad day altogether. I've NEVER cheated two days in a row, the whole time I've been on this. NEVER. I'm so angry with myself.
AngelaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 06:58 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelaB View Post
NEVER. I'm so angry with myself.
No, No, No, Angela! The only reason you should be angry with yourself is for being angry with yourself! You know what you did, you made a decision, and now you make a decision to deal with it and move on. Don't beat yourself up - I know from personal experience that the only place that leads is into the arms of a bag of Oreos.
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 06:59 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoalAug2010 View Post
Down 2.5 on Saturday! Which makes for a record breaking 4lbs last week! I spent the weekend shopping for a dress for my hs reunion which was so rewarding because I could try on anything in any store I wanted! It's taken a few months, but I'm finally feeling the reward of the work i've put in! I hope everyone else is too!
That's fantastic!!! You're reaping the rewards of your hard work!
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 10:46 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 292/211/160

Height: 5'2"

OK, for the last 2 weeks, I've been up, down, and up again! definitly at a plateau-I was finally in the low 250s, which is where my body fills comfortable, and tried to stay there, Fuctuating between 3 lbs, so I decided to try Meta-Quick, to see if I could jump start my weight loss again, it seems to be working, I'm finally out of the 50s, and into the 40s! I don't know when the last time I saw 249 was! This is day 4 of meta-quick, it hasn't been too bad, going to stay on all 7 days, WI is not until thurs, so I'm hoping to see the 40lb loss mark this week!
tmarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 10:55 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 292/211/160

Height: 5'2"

whoops, forgot to move my tracker!
tmarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 01:34 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 222 / see tracker / 150

Height: 5'5'

Great job Sandi Pants! The more you excercise your self-control the easier it becomes!

8oz of salad is a lot indeed, if you're not finding yourself super hungry, try going for 4 oz of cooked instead. Or try a couple veggies without lettuce. Actual salad requires a LOT, so I typically just eat tomatoes or cucumbers on their own.
GoalAug2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:41 AM   #87  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/125ish

Height: 5'2''

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FRUSTRATED - 5 days no change in weight!!! any tips on how to break a plateau?
theycallmemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:24 AM   #88  

Quote:
Originally Posted by theycallmemom View Post
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FRUSTRATED - 5 days no change in weight!!! any tips on how to break a plateau?
People will say: drink more water, eat more lean proteins for your choices (fish, fish, fish), no cheese, no creamies, B12, supplements, etc.

I tend to look at things differently ... just hang in there -- your plateau will break. If you have to use gimmicky things to break a plateau, I think that's artificially manipulating your body. Let your body catch up. If you are 100% on program, the plateau will break. Plateaus are EXTREMELY frustrating, I feel your pain, and they are a reason a lot of people throw in the towel. But you're committed, so stay the course, keep working the program and it will work for you. Good luck, I hope it doesn't last much longer.
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:34 AM   #89  
Skinny for Scuba!

S/C/G: 178/149/135

Height: 5'1"

I thought I'd move this here just to get some more eyes on it and see if anyone can help me out - I'd like to get the label from a ready-made MRC chocolate shake (the meal replacement kind) - I'm doing Metaquick, but I'd like to do it w/a substitute bc the MRC shakes are so darn expensive - I'm using the EAS AdvantEdge and just want to compare labels to see how close I am to MRC -can someone post the label contents from one of their shakes for me? I go to weigh in today at my center, and am hoping the last 2 days of doing Metaquick w/EAS will pay off - we'll see!! THANKS SO MUCH LADIES!

And just FYI, the EAS AdvantEdge label looks like this:
110 Calories
3g Fat
4g Carb
2g Fiber
17g Protein
guinevere75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 04:20 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 177.5/142/142

Height: 5' 5"

Yesterday I went to weigh-in and was down 1.5 pounds. I also had measurements and since last month have lost 10 more inches.
My totals to date are: -26.5 pounds
-35 inches
I am very pleased that I have stayed determined despite the slow weight loss weeks. The only complaint that I really have is how low my energy level gets around 2 or 3pm every day. If I had the chance I would curl up on my bed and sleep for 2 hours! Does anyone else experience low energy??
wendinnc is offline   Reply With Quote