Old 05-16-2010, 05:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/206.5/180

Height: 5'10

Default re-enrolling

my 17 weeks is up in a week...i lost 24.5lbs but my goal was 50lbs. Now I have to re-enroll. I know that i wasnt perfect on the diet. I give myself excuses for why i am eating off program but it is still working! Just not as fast as they wanted. I am half way to my goal, and i will re-enroll to make it to my goal by the end of the summer.

Has anyone else had to re-enroll and felt like they were saying you were a failure? I think that losing 25lbs in 16 weeks is pretty good...
twinchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 07:29 PM   #2  
Think Pink!

Height: 5'8"

I've been averaging 3.5 lbs a week, but I also eat completely on program. I've allowed myself 4 cheat days in 4.5 months. My guess is if you did program perfectly you could have been close to 50 lbs in 17 weeks (I was) - that's the thing with the program, you HAVE to do it by the letter to have the success they guarantee you.

I don't think they're saying you're a failure, but just explaining to you why it's so important to follow the program exactly.
PinkTiara22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 07:30 PM   #3  
Never too old

S/C/G: 227/180/170

Height: 5'4"

Congratulations! You did good! I enrolled on Jan 16 and so far, have lost 25# in the time I should have lost about 50 by their projections (down from 227#). I was supposed to lose 70# in 24 weeks.
I honestly think they know we won't lose 3# a week as they say, and they know we won't want to quit but will reenroll, and they get more money.
I feel that if they told us at the start that it would cost close to a thousand dollars just for the enrollment, we wouldn't do it. This way, it's not such a money shock!
Have any of you other readers lost 3# a week as you were told???
Auntieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 02:11 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 269.5/see ticker/175

Height: 5'10"

My average is 3# a week. I try to stay completely on program, but I cheat a little! I have had one week where I actually gained 2#, but that shocked/angered me so much that I have lost 3-5# every week since then! Its my choice to lose weight, and I've really put my butt in gear to make goal weight by Aug. 31! I would re-enroll ONLY if you were to go back on program without too many cheats. Good Luck!
skinnysissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: xxx/166/187 Thats 19 lbs below

LIke Pink Tiara stated. The Program works if you work the program. I started January 13 and just signed the 60# board on Friday. I stayed OP 95% of the time. Average loss of 3-4lbs per week. That is the key. I also drink 120 oz a water a day. The past 2 weeks I have slowed down my weight loss, but it is due to my own lax. Nibbles here and there. Nibbles to add up to slower weight loss.
Not to bask in my own accomplishments, but I have to agree with skinnysissa that to re-enroll and cheat just defeats the purpose. You know the program and what needs to be done. It is up to you to do it.
Rebajetgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 11:04 AM   #6  
Goddess in Training

S/C/G: 284/209/150

Height: 5'3

I re-enrolled on 4/19 then took a month off, because I was getting burned out.
I lost my 70 pounds in 24 weeks but I re-enrolled because I want to get down to 150lbs. That's my personal goal not MRC's.
I went to the center this morning and lost 3 1/2 lbs. And now I am back on track and in the right mindframe. I WILL get to my goal of 150lbs and I WILL get to Onderland by the end of this month.
kathyb712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:07 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 222 / see tracker / 150

Height: 5'5'

I can understand the 3-5# a week average during times of higher weights, but I have not really seen anyone lose at 3-5# during the last 50 lbs. I'm averaging 2 lbs a week, have been on program for 16 weeks and have followed the program quite exact aside from 2 semi-cheat meals during that time period. (nothing bad, no fries or burgers, just a little off plan).

My center actually said the other day it's 2-5# a week, and I'm "within" that. I drink 80 oz of water a day and max out my HNS's. I know getting more water a day would be better, but I feel like i'm already doing more than they require, but i'm going to keep trying.

Has anyone else averaged 3-5# a week after they are below 200 #?

Last edited by GoalAug2010; 05-17-2010 at 12:10 PM.
GoalAug2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 02:59 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 214/209/155

Height: 5'3"

I have been completely on program for 5 weeks except for one meal, I had salad dressing on my salad that wasn't OP and a small handful of tortilla chips with guacamole during the same meal. One time. Everything else 100% OP over 120 oz of water a day, 5 HNS each day. I walk and hike a lot, and I am only 25. I am averaging 1.2#. So no, this does not work perfectly for everyone. If you are averaging 2#, as long as you are staying on program, that may be the best your body can do. Not that I think it is a good idea to eat off program an justify it, obviously if you don't eat off program, you are going to lose weight faster. I am probably not going to re-enroll (I enrolled during a 6 week special so my time is almost up) Because I am sick of them trying to get me to "spill" what I have eaten that is off program when I haven't. They make me feel like i am lying when I am not and it is stressful which probably doesn't help me lose weight at all! I am on the beige menu which is a lot of food, so I am never hungry, and very rarely even want to cheat. I think I will stick with doing it on my own, but there is no reason to pay for "counseling" when they think I am lying to them and I am not loosing very fast anyways.
JessicaM121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 05:07 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 269.5/see ticker/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoalAug2010 View Post
I can understand the 3-5# a week average during times of higher weights, but I have not really seen anyone lose at 3-5# during the last 50 lbs. I'm averaging 2 lbs a week, have been on program for 16 weeks and have followed the program quite exact aside from 2 semi-cheat meals during that time period. (nothing bad, no fries or burgers, just a little off plan).

My center actually said the other day it's 2-5# a week, and I'm "within" that. I drink 80 oz of water a day and max out my HNS's. I know getting more water a day would be better, but I feel like i'm already doing more than they require, but i'm going to keep trying.

Has anyone else averaged 3-5# a week after they are below 200 #?
OK...my mother lost 55lbs (205-150lbs) on MRC and still able to loose an average of 3# a week after dropping below 200#. She was strict OP and walked everyday, sometimes twice a day. It is possible!
skinnysissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:13 AM   #10  

I think we all have to remember that we are all different. I myself have severe PCOs with metabolic syndrome. I stay on program and at the most only lose 2 lbs a week. I dread going to the center because they seem to needle me into admitting all my off program eating, which there is none or very little and the very little cheating has been conscious, very close eating. I haven't felt the urge to binge and I don't have any desire for sweets or even carbs. In fact my most frequent off program is been to not eat the carb portion.

Anyway, celebrate the loses even if they are not as spectacular as we may have liked.
simcyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 06:40 PM   #11  
Think Pink!

Height: 5'8"

I am 18 lbs from goal (of a total 78lb loss) and still averaging 3.2 lbs per week. If you do the program correctly, you should see the losses in the time they state.
PinkTiara22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 11:11 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

I think sometimes we don't realize how little things we add to our food add up.. For instance, lemon that folks put in their water is a carb and if you drink 8 or more glasses of water a day and add a lemon to each of those, you are adding carbs and calories to the plan. Too much salt or other condiments that are not on plan will add the calories.. If the program is followed exactly as written then you should do pretty well. I was eating grapes and pears at one point then found out they are not on plan, too much sugar.. So just little things like that can slow the weight loss down..

Cheers!

Ronnie
RonnieAdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 07:26 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 214/209/155

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by simcyn View Post
I think we all have to remember that we are all different. I myself have severe PCOs with metabolic syndrome. I stay on program and at the most only lose 2 lbs a week. I dread going to the center because they seem to needle me into admitting all my off program eating, which there is none or very little and the very little cheating has been conscious, very close eating. I haven't felt the urge to binge and I don't have any desire for sweets or even carbs. In fact my most frequent off program is been to not eat the carb portion.

Anyway, celebrate the loses even if they are not as spectacular as we may have liked.
Simcyn -

I have PCOS as well. Glad to know I am not alone in the slow loss! Like I said above I am averaging like 1.2 lbs a week. Like you said, every body is different. I feel like same way when they are trying to convince me I am cheating!

Some people will loose 5 lbs some people will loose .5 lbs. That is why the average is 2-5 not everyone looses that way.
JessicaM121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 10:41 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 232/193/158

Height: 5'5"

I'm wondering how they come up with how many weeks the plan should take you. I think Sept/Oct is my deadline according to them...I hope I make it. I've been off plan a little bit, but not much.
AngelaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 07:59 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 219/172/160

Height: 5' 4"

What does it cost to re-enroll? Is it a flat fee for the rest of your weight loss journey or do you have to buy a certain number of weeks again. My 17 weeks are up and I still have another 25 pounds to lose.
Helen ready to lose is offline   Reply With Quote