Old 05-08-2010, 08:01 AM   #16  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

Then there's no reason for you to cut out caffeine, unless you want too. I drank coffee the entire time i was on plan. I was told they want us to limit the caffeine because the all-day weight loss has a lot of caffeine, so they dont want us to "over-dose".
Basically my point is, if you can have caffeine in a supplement THEY want you to take, then you can have caffeine in a cup of coffee. Keep it in moderation
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 10:21 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 278/274/170

Height: 5' 6.5"

that's the problem. I have trouble keeping it in moderation. i drink over 200 ounces of diet soda a day. don't like coffee
anotherchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 10:45 AM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherchick View Post
that's the problem. I have trouble keeping it in moderation. i drink over 200 ounces of diet soda a day. don't like coffee
I LOVE diet coke as well, so I feel your pain. I really, really think there is something addicting in that stuff! I've tried the caffeine free stuff, and it is just not the same.

I've just made a deal with myself that if I drink my water, I can have SOME of that diet coke as well. I've cut back, but never been totally off. I actually drink something CONSTANTLY! Coffee in the am (I limit myself to two cups with caffeine), water, diet coke, water, decaf coffee, water, ice tea, hot tea.

I KNOW I AM GOING TO FLOAT AWAY!!
pbolton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 12:51 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 186/179/140

Height: 5'4

I had to laugh yesterday when I got the spiel from MRC about why they limit caffeine and in the same breathe tell me the caffeine in All Day Weight Loss is "natural" and therefore ok....
I still do caffeine too, even with the ADW. I just bought myself a new Keurig. LOVE IT! And it makes me only drink one cup in the morning.
jenkatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 01:11 PM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenkatt View Post
I had to laugh yesterday when I got the spiel from MRC about why they limit caffeine and in the same breathe tell me the caffeine in All Day Weight Loss is "natural" and therefore ok....
I still do caffeine too, even with the ADW. I just bought myself a new Keurig. LOVE IT! And it makes me only drink one cup in the morning.
Too much of anything is still not good for us. I think some of their rules are just so we won't go overboard. For instance, the amounts of artificial sweeteners allowed, or sugar-free gum. But then they told me I could drink all the Crystal Lite I wanted (after my water)?

Yep, sometimes you just have to nod and keep your mouth shut. Doesn't do any good to argue with them. They only know what they've been told and can't tell us different really if they want to keep their jobs.
pbolton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 02:14 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 186/179/140

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbolton1 View Post
Too much of anything is still not good for us. I think some of their rules are just so we won't go overboard. For instance, the amounts of artificial sweeteners allowed, or sugar-free gum. But then they told me I could drink all the Crystal Lite I wanted (after my water)?

Yep, sometimes you just have to nod and keep your mouth shut. Doesn't do any good to argue with them. They only know what they've been told and can't tell us different really if they want to keep their jobs.
Absolutly! It was just funny. My 6 cans of diet coke plus 4-5 cups of coffee a day was too much and not good for me. I feel much better with what I am at now.
The sad thing is they know I work at the hospital less than a mile from the center. And they tried to rework anatomy for me. I didn't say anything to them, knowing they are just doing their job. And the basic science behind the program is sound.
jenkatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 09:37 AM   #22  

Good Morning, Happy Mother's Day. I am on Day 19 of MRC. I was reading the post about diet drinks. I was a diet rite fan, I have Not had a diet soda in almost a month. I drink maxwell house coffee, light, which is half decaff and half caffeinated. Water is the key. I have not had any cravings for my diet rite or Chocolate. I can't believe it myself, but is truly amazing.
k2onMRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:38 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 264.1/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8"

I've been totally off caffeine since last Wednesday morning. I keep reading about how bad caffeine is for you in different wellness things I get from my insurance company so when this came up with MRC that they were saying no caffeine, I thought this was the time to let it go. I'm also in the category that if I'm drinking it, I don't know when to stop. I definitely think it's addictive! The thing that has been saving me is the Clear American water from Wal-Mart. It's carbonated and it has a sweet taste.
joanie830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 11:36 PM   #24  
Think Pink!

Height: 5'8"

I like the flavored waters too, though I won't shop at Walmart so I get the Kroger brand or the Target brand.

For those of you who do drink caffeine, are you still drinking sodium free?
PinkTiara22 is offline   Reply With Quote