Old 05-04-2010, 06:56 AM   #16  

Height: 5'9"

I wanted to share this link to an article about hormone replacements as stated in the the article:

"Hormone creams are one common alternative that achieves this. However, since hormones are fat-soluble, they can build up in your fatty tissues and lead to having too much in your body. This in turn can disrupt other hormones. It’s also near impossible to accurately determine the dose when using a cream."

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...n-dilemma.aspx
GWE140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 02:12 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 278/274/170

Height: 5' 6.5"

I had a saliva test many years ago by a CRNP and she put me on progesterone cream. I have PCOS and am estrogen dominate. One thing I learned in researching this is that fat cells release estrogen which is why I have more symptoms the heavier I am. In my experience, I want more to eat when my estrogen is high. I did not notice much difference with the cream, but I had lots of other issues going on then as well.

I am just saying that our hormones do affect our weight. Whether the creams work or not I am not sure. I have found that many "natural" rememdies do not work for me, but do for others. It is a personal thing and you should discuss with your dr. I don't know what their cost is for the saliva testing, but mine was covered by insurance because it was ordered by a dr. Also, if you do not want to see a dr, you can order it online it may be cheaper. You can also order the cream online, just be careful to get it from a reputable site/company. The one I initially used was compounded by a pharmacist, I have since used some that I ordered online.
anotherchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:14 AM   #18  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen ready to lose View Post
I am 56 and did the saliva test. I am sure each center is different. I just want to say that when my results came in the consultant made me feel that I was in adrenal failure, my cortisol was off the charts etc etc etc. I paniced and ended up buying several products that I later learned I did not need. I should have asked her what each product was for instead of just buying them as later, another consultant told me I just needed 3 products. I was so mad that I don't even remember what the 3 products were other than I know corti-trim was one of them. I later went to a naturopath doctor and she has given me some herbs and supplements that have really helped me. The best one is a tonic but it doesn't list the ing. So, just be cautious and ask questions.
I am sure you're right on the center thing; I didn't have that experience at all. I'm glad you went to a naturopath and that you feel better!!!!
namaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:15 AM   #19  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieAdl View Post
Thank you for sharing this info! It seemed like it took forever to fill those darn viles! But I am really curious to see how this comes back. I didn't mail it in, when I went to my center today they told me I could drop it off at the lab which was not far from MRC. They asked me some questions and I asked them how accurate this test was, and she told me very accurate and it will be very telling when the results come back, so I am anxious to see what is actually going on with me and my falling out hair.<G> Anyway thanks for sharing!

Cheers!
Ronnie
Have you gotten your results back yet?
namaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 11:48 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 222 / see tracker / 150

Height: 5'5'

Quote:
Have any of you done the Saliva test at MRC? I broke down and bought one today.. Hopefully it may reveal some of my food craving and binging on sweet issues.. I thought if anyone has done it they could let us know what it showed and what MRC was able to do about it..

Cheers!

Ronnie
Hey Ronnie,

Have you received your results yet? Curious to know if you felt it was worthwhile and if you feel your results are better now.

Thanks!
GoalAug2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 01:08 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
Have you gotten your results back yet?
Not yet.. I am going for the stabilazation class tomorrow night and hopefully they will be back!

Cheers!

Ronnie
RonnieAdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 12:36 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 222 / see tracker / 150

Height: 5'5'

Quote:
Not yet.. I am going for the stabilazation class tomorrow night and hopefully they will be back!

Cheers!

Ronnie
Hope it goes well. I broke down last week and bought one too after feeling like my average is SOO far from their promise. The woman said I'm doing everything 100% right and there's no reason I shouldn't be hitting 3-5 lbs a week. Right now my average is 1.97 and that's got me really down.

I'm not sure the actions I can take with my doctor based on any unusual results from the test will actually increase my weight loss, but sometimes you just need to feel like you're DOING something.

I don't cheat, I workout, I drink 10 glasses of water and I do all 4 HNS's every day, so something's gotta give!
GoalAug2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 01:32 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 186/179/140

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoalAug2010 View Post
Hope it goes well. I broke down last week and bought one too after feeling like my average is SOO far from their promise. The woman said I'm doing everything 100% right and there's no reason I shouldn't be hitting 3-5 lbs a week. Right now my average is 1.97 and that's got me really down.

I'm not sure the actions I can take with my doctor based on any unusual results from the test will actually increase my weight loss, but sometimes you just need to feel like you're DOING something.

I don't cheat, I workout, I drink 10 glasses of water and I do all 4 HNS's every day, so something's gotta give!
I wish I had an answer other than some people just don't lose weight easily. I'm sorry you are so frustrated. But look at it this way, you've already lost 25 lbs! And you are doing what you need to healthy.

It sounds all great doesn't it and yet all any of us want is that stupid number on the scale to go down!
jenkatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 05:29 PM   #24  

I got my saliva test results back today. I was a little low on a couple things but nothing too out of whack. They told me I could purchase some Progesterone cream and continue to use the Corti Trim . My cortisol level was a bit high. I got no pressure to purchase anything really. They said I could take the results to my dr and have her take a look and see if she would recommend anything for me.. But mostly all is pretty good.. So I had a pretty good report.. Started on my stabilization menu today and we shall see how that goes..

Cheers!

Ronnie
Old 05-13-2010, 05:32 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 207/175/170

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
I got my saliva test results back today. I was a little low on a couple things but nothing too out of whack. They told me I could purchase some Progesterone cream and continue to use the Corti Trim . My cortisol level was a bit high. I got no pressure to purchase anything really. They said I could take the results to my dr and have her take a look and see if she would recommend anything for me.. But mostly all is pretty good.. So I had a pretty good report.. Started on my stabilization menu today and we shall see how that goes..

Cheers!

Ronnie
It's good to hear that they didn't pressure you to buy something new. I'll be eager to hear about stabilization - I make that step next week. Yay!
lolajean624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 11:18 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolajean624 View Post
It's good to hear that they didn't pressure you to buy something new. I'll be eager to hear about stabilization - I make that step next week. Yay!
Wow! congratulations! That happened fast for you! Good job... I would have been here sooner if I hadn't fooled around and played fast and loose with the program.. But I am here now and that is all that matters.. I did buy some of the Progesterone cream. It wasn't all that expensive so I thought I would give it a shot. They told me that this gal, who I know so I know it is true, is using it and within I think a month lost the little fat pouch on her stomach that I know I have. I guess it helps with that among other things, so we shall see!

Cheers!
Ronnie
Old 08-23-2010, 02:15 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 210/204

Height: 5' 4"

Today is my first day on MRC diet and I'm a little excited and a little scared. It seems I have been over weight so long that I would never be thin again. I have tried everything, but since I started menopause nothing has really done the trick. I started the saliva test today so we will see what the results will be. That in it's self is kinda scarry.

Shegolfer is offline   Reply With Quote