Old 04-14-2010, 09:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/151/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Weight loss slowed way down on GREEN menu?

I feel like things have slowed down significantly once I started the Green menu? Does anyone else have this problem? Was the weight loss so great because the first 11 days are basically a FLUSH of the toxins and sugars in your body? And now I am steadying out? I shoudn't be complaining because I did lose 10 lbs in the first two weeks, but now that it slowed, I feel like I have done something wrong. Any suggestions on how to amp it up or does this sound pretty normal as my body is adjusting to the new calories?
shenderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 210.5/160/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenderson View Post
I feel like things have slowed down significantly once I started the Green menu? Does anyone else have this problem? Was the weight loss so great because the first 11 days are basically a FLUSH of the toxins and sugars in your body? And now I am steadying out? I shoudn't be complaining because I did lose 10 lbs in the first two weeks, but now that it slowed, I feel like I have done something wrong. Any suggestions on how to amp it up or does this sound pretty normal as my body is adjusting to the new calories?
i think the first 5-10lbs are water weight. now the real work begins. i lose about 2lbs a week, don't get discouraged. Max out the drinks and drink all your water for it to go faster.
skinnyby25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:21 AM   #3  
Gunz

S/C/G: 192/171/145

Height: 5'5

I have been on the green menu for almost 1.5 months and am only averaging 1 to 1.5 pounds. I agree for me it has been discouraging but sometimes i feel like i should be eating a little less? I have mentioned to my center but they don't seem to have any comment.
MGunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:01 AM   #4  
Think Pink!

Height: 5'8"

I've been averaging 3-3.5 lbs a week since the 3rd week of the program.
PinkTiara22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 03:23 AM   #5  

Green Tea Supplements
The secret of green tea lies in the fact it is rich in catechin polyphenols, particularly epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG). EGCG is a powerful anti-oxidant: besides inhibiting the growth of cancer cells, it kills cancer cells without harming healthy tissue.
walker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 01:47 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 179/169.5/135

Height: 5'4"

I have the same issue. Lost 9.5 pounds the first 2 weeks and this past week things seemed to of slowed down. (I am on day 21). I eat exactly on program. Maybe I need to do more supplements and I am sure if I would exercise more I would get my better results.
DDDrury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:01 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 165/151/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDrury View Post
I have the same issue. Lost 9.5 pounds the first 2 weeks and this past week things seemed to of slowed down. (I am on day 21). I eat exactly on program. Maybe I need to do more supplements and I am sure if I would exercise more I would get my better results.
That is right where I am at too - I KNOW that if I get my butt to the gym like I used to I will be just fine...but finding the time to get there is the issue.

Sent me some good luck and motivation to make SNAP fitness my second home.
shenderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 01:27 PM   #8  

Default Response

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyby25 View Post
i think the first 5-10lbs are water weight. now the real work begins. i lose about 2lbs a week, don't get discouraged. Max out the drinks and drink all your water for it to go faster.
What you shpold do is go back to the yellow menu 4 days. If you dont have protein supplements increase your protein at breakfast by adding an boiled egg. And increase your meat to six ounces. You should lose four pounds in this. Go back to day eleven (green menu) and stay on it until you reach a plateau again. The supplements are nothing but protein, and the way they make money. There not magic and the increased protein through food will do the same. Metabolic will not give you this info.:
angel35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 01:31 PM   #9  

Default Response

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDrury View Post
What you should do is go back to the yellow menu 4 days. If you dont have protein supplements increase your protein at breakfast by adding an boiled egg. And increase your meat to six ounces. You should lose four pounds in this. Go back to day eleven (green menu) and stay on it until you reach a plateau again. The supplements are nothing but protein, and the way they make money. There not magic and the increased protein through food will do the same. Metabolic will not give you this info.:
Old 04-19-2010, 01:33 PM   #10  

Default Response

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenderson View Post
That is right where I am at too - I KNOW that if I get my butt to the gym like I used to I will be just fine...but finding the time to get there is the issue.

Sent me some good luck and motivation to make SNAP fitness my second home.
What you should do is go back to the yellow menu 4 days. If you dont have protein supplements increase your protein at breakfast by adding an boiled egg. And increase your meat to six ounces at dinner. You should lose four pounds in this. Go back to day eleven (green menu) and stay on it until you reach a plateau again. The supplements are nothing but protein, and the way they make money. There not magic and the increased protein through food will do the same. Metabolic will not give you this info.:
Old 04-19-2010, 01:37 PM   #11  

Default Response To Anyone On Metabolic Not Losing

What you should do is go back to the yellow menu 4 days. If you dont have protein supplements increase your protein at breakfast by adding an boiled egg. And increase your meat to six ounces at dinner. You should lose four pounds in this. Go back to day eleven (green menu) and stay on it until you reach a plateau again. The supplements are nothing but protein, and the way they make money. There not magic and the increased protein through food will do the same. Metabolic will not give you this info.:
Old 04-19-2010, 01:39 PM   #12  

Default Anyone Not Losing On Metabolic

Old 04-19-2010, 04:47 PM   #13  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel35 View Post

I am just wondering where you come by this information. Not disputing it, but curious. If MRC doesn't provide this info, what is the source?
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:57 PM   #14  

At my MRC if you hit a plateau they'll just tweak your menu a lil bit or just tell you to up your water and workout. I haven't hit a plateau yet but I have lots of friends that have lost significant amounts of weight. Maybe you should talk to you center.....
MissCafren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:03 PM   #15  

Default Experence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy2MeNu View Post
I am just wondering where you come by this information. Not disputing it, but curious. If MRC doesn't provide this info, what is the source?
I know who you are....Do you enjoy working there? Oh by the way I was told that The Metabolic Research Center was Physicians Bariatric previously. Which by the way ripped me off in Indianpolis Indiana before. As matter of fact they took my money and my sisters money then locked there doors. Although my sister lives in Greenwod and signed up there. I also know there APPARENT NAME CASH COW MGT INC. which indicates we/people are looked at as cows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kclewis5606 View Post
GSMOM/Mistyice06/lizzie/BuckeyeGirl -

I started Metabolic last August and lost about 35 lbs by Thanksgiving....well the Holidays got me completely off track and needless to say I gained all of my weight back and then some. I believe in this diet (lifestyle) and it really works! I just need to learn control!! Also, I never made it to stabilization before, which was part of my problem. I am doing the diet on my own now too and would love the support of this group! I have some supplements left over, but have a website that I order the protein drinks/supplements from. I was wondering though how how to find the equivalent of MRC-6/Cortitrim once I run out. Any thoughts? I am pretty sure you can buy the Hoodia at any drugstore/Walmart/GNC.

Do any of you have the maintenance/stabilization menu that you could share? I was curious as to how that works. I have only the yellow, blue and green.