Old 03-31-2010, 01:37 PM   #1  

Height: 5'5"

Default What do I do with my new Magic Bullet???

I have seen posts about using the Magic Bullet and finally got one but I am wanting suggestions about how to use it on plan...

Thanks in advance!
daizy hotrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 01:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/197

Height: 5'2"

Let me know how you like it. I've been debating about buying one.. But the $ 50 makes me pause... It looks so fun and easy to use..
MEEZOOGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 02:12 PM   #3  
Canadian on the Inside

Height: 5' 6"

Smoothies! Smoothies! Yeah, that's mainly what I use mine for- that and chopping fresh herbs.

I also use it in place of an immersion blender in soups- I just ladle the soup out into the tall cup and blend it as much as I can. I've never used it in a soup that is supposed to be 100% blended though- too much work.
Paja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 02:43 PM   #4  

Height: 5'6''

Can blend your cottage cheese to put into recipes like ranch dip (blended cottage cheese + hidden valley ranch dressing mix).

I blend my shakes in the blender too...(shake mix, ice and water)...it makes it much much smoother to drink than just shaking it.

Enjoy your new toy
Hvnlymzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 03:02 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEEZOOGIRL View Post
Let me know how you like it. I've been debating about buying one.. But the $ 50 makes me pause... It looks so fun and easy to use..
Check on craigslist ... I got a brand new one, still in the box from a lady for $30 -- we met and I picked it up from her. You can usually buy them new for 30-50, but then they add on another 30 or so for shipping. I know some department stores sell them for about $50, but then you don't get the blender attachment.

I use mine for lots of stuff -- smoothies, cottage cheese, dressings, chopping up tomatoes, green onions, garlic, spices to make my own legal salsa. All sorts of things. They don't take up much space and are so easy to clean. I'm a fan.
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 03:09 PM   #6  
Workin' It

I used mine to make smoothies, until I burned the motor out. I'm tough on blenders...
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 03:16 PM   #7  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I'm not on MRC, but I had to chime in on the topic, because I've been one of the people jabbering on and on about my personal blender set (17 pieces).

The Magic Bullet is one of the more expensive sets, but there are many similar mini-blenders sets out there. Google "personal blender" and you'll find at least half a dozen different brands. Bargain shop and check out the reviews. If you want to buy one at Kohls, Target, or other department stores, check out their website or call their store.

I decided to buy one, and asked my mother how she liked hers (the Rocket blender by Bella Cucina), and she offered to buy me one where she bought hers (QVC, which was selling out, because they now only sell the Chris Freytag Personal Fitness Blender which sells for $23.62 - but only comes with one mug. Each additional mug is sold for $10).

If I used it only for blending my protein powder into milk, I'd be happy - because I can't believe how smoothly it blends. When I used an immersion blender or my large blender, there were still bits and chunks of powdery chalkiness. With the Rocket, there wasn't any hint that I'd used a powdered ingredient, the beverage was as smooth as if I'd used all liquid ingredients. I was quitre impressed.

And as for using it, I'm finding more and more uses for it, all the time. One of my favorites is making "sorbet" (which I used to do, much more messily in a food processor) with frozen berries (strawberries are my favorite) and just enough liquid to blend it to sorbet consistency (I've used Crystal Light, and even plain water). I sweeten afterward (I use Splenda) if the berries weren't sweet enough. I used to put the Splenda in with the berries, but I use less when I sweeten afterward, because often the berries are sweet enough.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 03:25 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplods View Post
I'm not on MRC, but I had to chime in on the topic, because I've been one of the people jabbering on and on about my personal blender set (17 pieces).

The Magic Bullet is one of the more expensive sets, but there are many similar mini-blenders sets out there. .

I definitely agree with that ... I purchased one a couple years ago (I don't remember the name, but it was 1/2 the price of the bullet and it worked just as well). I gave it to my daughter-in-law when I found a new bullet cheaply. She loves it.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:26 PM   #9  

I forgot .... one hint Daizy .... you will have to play around with it, because it has such a powerful motor it's easy to "over blend" things. Usually it takes only a couple taps to get your job done!
Old 03-31-2010, 03:37 PM   #10  

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for all the tips! Its still imtimidating me in the box on my kitchen table but I am excited to start using it
daizy hotrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 03:50 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 207/175/170

Height: 5' 9"

I use mine to turn Melba and toasted 40 calorie bread into bread crumbs for chicken or fish.
lolajean624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 04:35 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 5

I had one but I used it to make cocktails and didn't have it inserted correctly and ruined it so be careful. I recently bought a Ninja but I haven't used it too much so I'm in the overblend stage.

A good use when you get the hang of it would be to make salsa.
Mary1011 is offline   Reply With Quote