Old 03-20-2010, 11:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 216/216/180

Height: 5'6"

Unhappy Bummer of a cheat :(

Well I have been doing excellent on plan for the past 3 1/2 weeks and felt I needed one meal off plan tonight that was a splurge/reward for my efforts, but that was also reasonably healthy and wasn't something crazy like fried foods or desserts. I had missed having a good sushi meal and was excited to have one of my favorite rolls. I read the ingredients in it and yes there were evil things in it such as cream cheese and avocado, but I knew that this with my miso soup, a very small salad and another roll would tide me over for another several weeks.

When my favorite roll arrived (after waiting over a freakin' hour), it was as delicious as I remembered, but it had bits of tempura in it. I kept re-reading the ingredients list on the menu... no tempura mentioned. Well I was starving by this point and it was amazingly tasty, so I ate it anyway. Then after another long wait, my other roll came. It was supposed to be cooked scallop on a cali roll (no creamy stuff in this kind of cali roll), which sounded reasonably healthy. When I went to eat the scallops, I found that is was basically gobs of warm mayo with some flakes of scallops in it. I wiped off as much mayo as I could and hunted down bits of untainted scallop to eat, but it was all making me nauseous and I was so bummed that this well planned out, non-overboard cheat feels like it's ruined.

I'm waiting for my stomach to settle now so I can go workout at the gym to make up for this all. I'm trying to look on the bright side, that now I'm not craving sushi anymore because of this bad experience. And I'm also remembering that most of the time, when I eat out or eat junk, it's not as good as I was hoping and/or my body feels crappy afterward... So that motivates me to stay on plan.

So thanks for letting me vent and hopefully someone on here will read this and get something out of it for themselves.
diet gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 11:12 PM   #2  
Lorie

S/C/G: 280/ticker/160

Height: 5'7

Girl, you just hit a bump in the road, you didn't "fall off the wagon", everything will be ok. Just go to the gym and work it off, you're fine! It's a big plus that you scraped off the mayo! Indulge in your cravings every once in a while, so you don't completely crash and burn, which sounds like what you did! Sorry your indulgence was ruined by not so good sushi tho! Oh, a tip, try not to use food as a "reward" for eating well, that's a bad habit to get into, buy an outfit, get a manicure, or have a night out on the town! Just eat a "treat" because your body is craving it, just don't over do it! You did fine and I'm sure your scale will still show results!! Take care sweetpea and keep reaching for your goals!!
glenlorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 11:48 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 216/216/180

Thanks Lorie

Yes, I definitely need to stop thinking of food as a reward or a treat for that matter. I got over weight by 'treating' myself waaay too often.
diet gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 02:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 207/175/170

Height: 5' 9"

I cheated yesterday - not gonna lie about it. I went to lunch with a friend who I only see about 3 times a year. We always go to the same place (Indian food) and eat the same thing (chicken tikka masala). It's our thing - plus it is delicious. So I decided going in that I was going to order it, but eat carefully. Not much rice, all the salad, not much sauce - all the chicken. I had my drink before I left. But then I didn't ever have any fruit. Plus I drank LOTS of extra water. Then, last night, my DH decides we should go out to eat. Egad. We went to Hu Hot, so I managed to not go off plan too much, but two in one day . My scale did go up this morning, but not by much - I expect I'll retain water the next couple days.
lolajean624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 07:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 170/148/140

I had a wasted cheat awhile back. I went to a restaurant and was going to get a kids menu item that would have been TOTALLY OP--it was small portion of baked chicken, broccoli and some bread that I would have just eaten part of....anyways they were going to charge me double the amount on the menu since I was an adult ordering a kids meal.....so that bugged me. I ended up ordering something else that was CLOSE to program...but not really....and I didnt' even really enjoy. NEXT TIME I WILL LEARN--and pay the extra money for what my body actually needs and not worry about the money part....just let it go~!
porchmom84 is offline   Reply With Quote