Old 03-19-2010, 06:36 AM   #1  

Height: 5'9"

Default Meal Replacement Shakes/Drink Substitutes

I am doing this on my own for the last 20 pounds and would like to know if anyone has found any substitutes for the MRC meal replacement shakes/drinks I can buy online or in the store.
Thanks, Genell
GWE140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 08:21 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/197

Height: 5'2"

I buy my HNS from Diet Direct. I think they have a line of meal replacement shakes on there. I want to say Wonderslim? I've bought their bars which are like MRC's Cereal bars.
MEEZOOGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 09:45 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 219/172/160

Height: 5' 4"

MRC shakes have a ton of sugar in them! I buy a big canister of Whey Protein from Walmart and mix it with Almond milk. The unsweetened almond milk only has 40 cal per cup. It isn't in the refrigerated section. Every store seems to keep it in a different place, usually with powdered milk or in the health product section.
Helen ready to lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 12:01 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

When I looked before and was doing this on my own I found that Muscle Milk Light (make sure it is the light and not the regular) was VERY close in everything to the Vanilla shake replacement. It is kinda spendy so use it for premades, but whey protein is the way to go!!!! I haven't tried the almond milk but I think it makes perfect sense.
jeweliek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 12:04 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

I know you didn't ask this but...
http://www.allstarhealth.com/f/now-c..._campaign=4247 this works very similar and is close to MRC6
jeweliek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 01:45 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWE140 View Post
I am doing this on my own for the last 20 pounds and would like to know if anyone has found any substitutes for the MRC meal replacement shakes/drinks I can buy online or in the store.
Thanks, Genell
Diet Direct sells the same product under the BariWise name -- same as the center, chocolate and vanilla. They don't work so well for me, because I'm carb-sensitive and they have a lot of carbs in them. 230 calories, 35 g protein, 1 g fat, 23 g carbs. $14.95 for box of 7, or wait till they're on sale. I have used a product from vitacost called Walker, and the Nectar products ... they're okay, nothing special, but okay.
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 02:25 PM   #7  

THANK YOU ALL VERY for your suggestions. I think I will try the Whey Protein and I do like to thought of Almond milk, I haven't seen it before here so I will have to look hard for it. I do buy my HNS on dietdirect now for 4 months, I will look into the BariWise products. Thanks again. Genell
Old 03-20-2010, 09:23 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweliek View Post
I know you didn't ask this but...
http://www.allstarhealth.com/f/now-c..._campaign=4247 this works very similar and is close to MRC6
Thank you I will look into this product...