Old 01-26-2010, 08:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 219/172/160

Height: 5' 4"

Default Hormone Help

I am 56, had a hysterectomy but still have my ovaries. My doctor wouldn't test my hormone levels as she said she wouldn't prescribe anything anyway and didn't believe in bioidentical hormone replacement. Ever since watching Dr Phil and Oprah shows on bioidentical hormone replacement (BHR) I have felt that SOME of my weight gain, low energy, mild depression etc could be from my hormone levels. It was amazing to see what BHR did for women on these shows.

So, I had the salivia test done at MRC and they feel alot of my ab fat and weight problems are due to my low progesterone, DHEA, testosterone and my super high estrogen. They feel the weight will really start coming off if I take/use the following: Balance Cream (progesterone), corti-trim, MSM 500, super iodine plus, vit D and metabolic super veggi drink.

Has anyone had the hormone test and/or taken these products. If so, did they help???
Helen ready to lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 08:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 201/191/140

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen ready to lose View Post
I am 56, had a hysterectomy but still have my ovaries. My doctor wouldn't test my hormone levels as she said she wouldn't prescribe anything anyway and didn't believe in bioidentical hormone replacement. Ever since watching Dr Phil and Oprah shows on bioidentical hormone replacement (BHR) I have felt that SOME of my weight gain, low energy, mild depression etc could be from my hormone levels. It was amazing to see what BHR did for women on these shows.

So, I had the salivia test done at MRC and they feel alot of my ab fat and weight problems are due to my low progesterone, DHEA, testosterone and my super high estrogen. They feel the weight will really start coming off if I take/use the following: Balance Cream (progesterone), corti-trim, MSM 500, super iodine plus, vit D and metabolic super veggi drink.

Has anyone had the hormone test and/or taken these products. If so, did they help???
I am 59 and I have not had the test done but, I have taken corti-trim, super iodine plus, and vit D and they have not helped me one single pound. You have done better than me. I started in October 2009 and to date have lost 7pounds. I drink 128 ounces of water a day.
not going to give up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:27 AM   #3  

Thanks for the info. 7 pounds since October must be very discouraging! What do the consultants at you center have to say about it?? Are you measuring all your food etc? I start the progesterone cream on Monday. We'll see what happens. At least you are in onederland, can't wait to get under 200.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:31 AM   #4  

Quote:
Thanks for the info. 7 pounds since October must be very discouraging! What do the consultants at you center have to say about it?? Are you measuring all your food etc? I start the progesterone cream on Monday. We'll see what happens. At least you are in onederland, can't wait to get under 200.
Yes I do weigh my food. The counselors really don't have a clue to why I am not losing weight. They had me on Meta-Slim and this week they put me on Meta-Balance. So we will see.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:51 AM   #5  

This would be a pain, but maybe writing down everything you eat for a week and showing it to them would help. My consultant told me too much gum, butter spray, gel toothpaste, listerine can all have an effect. This diet is a little bizarre; I have never been on one with so many rules.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:16 PM   #6  

Quote:
This would be a pain, but maybe writing down everything you eat for a week and showing it to them would help. My consultant told me too much gum, butter spray, gel toothpaste, listerine can all have an effect. This diet is a little bizarre; I have never been on one with so many rules.
Every week when I go in I have a menu made out that shows them exactly what I eat and the vitamins and yaddy yaddy that I take. I think I am going to try Healthy Figures. I met a lady in Drug Emporium that uses them and she has lost 40 pounds. She said they give the B12 injections. I just know that I am going to keep trying till I find something that works.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:06 PM   #7  

You might want to also consider doing the hormone test.