Old 11-21-2009, 01:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 189/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Sick of this diet

I am so sick of this diet!!!!!!!!!! I've lost 37.5 lbs and have 12.5 to go....these last few pounds are starting to
S-L-O-W-L-Y come off (only 1 or 1.5 a week). It's amazing the hostility I feel when looking at a cucumber!!! Has anyone else experienced a serious slow down the closer they get to goal weight? This last bit of weight has really frustrated me and caused me some seriously negative feelings about this diet. I suppose I'm just sick of it. Sorry for the rant!
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 01:22 PM   #2  

Most people don't lose 1 to 1.5 pounds a week when they are close to goal. If you feel sick of this diet, I see many more in your future because you feel you are on a diet instead of learning new eating habits you can continue for life. As you can see, I've had a much longer journey than you but I've not felt like I was on a diet and I've learned to eat new foods and the techniques I'll need to maintain.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 01:48 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterInVA View Post
Most people don't lose 1 to 1.5 pounds a week when they are close to goal. If you feel sick of this diet, I see many more in your future because you feel you are on a diet instead of learning new eating habits you can continue for life. As you can see, I've had a much longer journey than you but I've not felt like I was on a diet and I've learned to eat new foods and the techniques I'll need to maintain.
Congratulations to you for feeling so positive about your diet! I think it's wonderful that you haven't felt discouraged or tired of it during your weight loss journey. However, I am only human! As far as your statement of most people not losing 1 or 1.5 a week as they get close to goal, the consultants at my center told me that my weight loss shouldn't slow down as I get closer to my goal. I specifically asked them that question as I noticed a decrease in weight loss, and was told that it should not be an issue.

Good luck to you in the rest of your weight loss journey!
Old 11-21-2009, 01:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

Goose,

I haven't been OP for four days. Gained three pounds back. Not taking my pills but drinking my water. Eating protein but also lots of carbs.

I'm going to set daily goals for myself.

My beautiful new coat is now very snug on me so that's my only motivation to keep losing now.

I just cooked some chicken breasts and am going to take one to work with me tonight.

So for 24 hours starting now I'm going to be OP. I'll worry about tomorrow after today.

Good luck to you Goose.
Dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 02:05 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by little edie View Post
Goose,

I haven't been OP for four days. Gained three pounds back. Not taking my pills but drinking my water. Eating protein but also lots of carbs.

I'm going to set daily goals for myself.

My beautiful new coat is now very snug on me so that's my only motivation to keep losing now.

I just cooked some chicken breasts and am going to take one to work with me tonight.

So for 24 hours starting now I'm going to be OP. I'll worry about tomorrow after today.

Good luck to you Goose.
Thanks Little Edie...your kind words are much appreciated!
Old 11-21-2009, 03:23 PM   #6  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Goose, I can totally relate to you and your frustrations. I was less than 10 pounds to go 2 weeks ago and I have been totally off program and have gained 13 pounds and just today I re-signed for another 10 weeks. If I had to do it over again would i...that's a tough question because I've been sick for a week and a half of it it was hard. Just hang in there, if you choose to, and it iwll come off!! Good luck to you my dear.
noahsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 03:36 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsmama View Post
Goose, I can totally relate to you and your frustrations. I was less than 10 pounds to go 2 weeks ago and I have been totally off program and have gained 13 pounds and just today I re-signed for another 10 weeks. If I had to do it over again would i...that's a tough question because I've been sick for a week and a half of it it was hard. Just hang in there, if you choose to, and it iwll come off!! Good luck to you my dear.
Thank you Noahsmama; it feels good to know I'm not alone in my frustrations. I plan on hanging in there...I've come this far so I might as well forge on. Sometimes you just have to vent and get those feelings out there. I'm sorry you've been sick~ that makes everything so much harder. Best of luck to you too...we are very close and can do this! You and Little Edie gave me the boost I needed!

Last edited by Goose; 11-21-2009 at 03:36 PM.
Old 11-21-2009, 03:40 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/135

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

I am not on your diet. I am trying to count calories and relearn new eating habits so that when I reach goal I can effortlessly maintain. That said I don't consider myself on a 'diet' as much as an education, but any education can suck at times. I don't care what process you are doing. It sucks. Especially, when you feel you are working hard but your results don't show it.
My point is, chin up, I am cheering for your success.
I believe that the body doesn't want to loose fat, and when you do what your body doesn't want to, it fights back. I hope that you can find a way to fight harder than nature.
Carly Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 04:14 PM   #9  

Height: 5'6''

Goose, I'm a firm believe in the power of venting! Let it all out.

That being said, been there! I think it's fair to say that all of us have days when eating one more cucumber or chicken breast seems like it will be the end of us. It probably won't. This is a good time to try something different. Check the recipe link and see if something else sounds better than a cucumber.

Keep on venting. We're always here to listen
Hvnlymzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 05:15 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hvnlymzic View Post
Goose, I'm a firm believe in the power of venting! Let it all out.

That being said, been there! I think it's fair to say that all of us have days when eating one more cucumber or chicken breast seems like it will be the end of us. It probably won't. This is a good time to try something different. Check the recipe link and see if something else sounds better than a cucumber.

Keep on venting. We're always here to listen
That's so funny that you picked cucumbers and chicken breasts...that's pretty much all I eat. I definitely need to shake things up a bit and will delve into that cookbook! Thanks so much for the support!
Old 11-21-2009, 05:16 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly Smoker View Post
I am not on your diet. I am trying to count calories and relearn new eating habits so that when I reach goal I can effortlessly maintain. That said I don't consider myself on a 'diet' as much as an education, but any education can suck at times. I don't care what process you are doing. It sucks. Especially, when you feel you are working hard but your results don't show it.
My point is, chin up, I am cheering for your success.
I believe that the body doesn't want to loose fat, and when you do what your body doesn't want to, it fights back. I hope that you can find a way to fight harder than nature.
Thanks Carly! I'm cheering for your success too!
Old 11-21-2009, 09:05 PM   #12  
Tactless but Honest :)

S/C/G: 188/178.6/140

Height: 5'4''

I think my biggest issue with the cookbook has been that alot of what sounds good requires the supplement foods and I can't afford them. I actually just stopped taking the enhancer and mrc-6 to try and save money. It was cheaper to just join the local ymca. And I feel great when I get done working out. This is my first week on just the vitamin and oil. And it was kind of a bad week for cheating. I hope I didn't completely screw the week up. I've been working out like mad this week though so maybe they will even themselves out. HOPE HOPE HOPE
DZackery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 11:24 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

I am looking at the last 11 pounds and somedays I am bored too,but I guess I just try and remember what I looked like and how awful I felt in August when I started with MRC. I am one of those people who it is all or nothing and I am cheap so I don't want to have to pay out more money to loose the last little bit I have to go. I learned a hard lesson with Medifast, not to slam them cause it does work, but I took off 45 # and didn't follow the instructions and didn't do stabilazation so I gained all the weight back and then some.. This time I am ready to learn to eat properly and do it right so I don't have to re-do this or anything else again.. Looks like you are almost there too.. Hang in there.. You will get to where you need to go.. We all have days where we are sick of the same food day in and day out.. Keep your eye on your goal. You can vent as much as you want if it helps you to get where you need to go..

Cheers!

Ronnie
RonnieAdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 12:47 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieAdl View Post
I am looking at the last 11 pounds and somedays I am bored too,but I guess I just try and remember what I looked like and how awful I felt in August when I started with MRC. I am one of those people who it is all or nothing and I am cheap so I don't want to have to pay out more money to loose the last little bit I have to go. I learned a hard lesson with Medifast, not to slam them cause it does work, but I took off 45 # and didn't follow the instructions and didn't do stabilazation so I gained all the weight back and then some.. This time I am ready to learn to eat properly and do it right so I don't have to re-do this or anything else again.. Looks like you are almost there too.. Hang in there.. You will get to where you need to go.. We all have days where we are sick of the same food day in and day out.. Keep your eye on your goal. You can vent as much as you want if it helps you to get where you need to go..

Cheers!

Ronnie
Thanks Ronnie! MRC's diet can be quite financially straining and when coupled with the same foods each day, I just needed to share my frustrations! You are right...when I think back to when I started in July and how fat I was...~shiver~. LOL. The progress I've made and the encouragement I've received from family, friends, and my 3FC friends helps to renew me. I would never give up this close to goal...just felt so tired of forking out large amounts of my paycheck each month along with eating the same foods. I am so looking forward to stabilization when we can begin to add some foods back. I think that will help how I feel physically, too. Best of luck to you, too, with getting these last lbs off!
Old 11-22-2009, 02:25 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 229/see ticker/160

Height: 5'0"

Goose --

I know exactly how you feel. I'm down to my last 10 pounds and the last month has been so very slow...about 1-1.5 lbs per week. It's become very frustrating because I've been working so hard at it. My 17 weeks is up tomorrow, but I asked yesterday and was told that since I've been coming in twice a week for the past 17 weeks, bringing my food journal with me religiously and I'm only 10 pounds away, they'll keep working with me and won't make me re-sign.

I am kind of frightened, though, about what will happen once I reach my goal and go to stabilization. Since my weight loss has been so minimal even on this restricted diet, I'm afraid I'm going to gain once I cut back on my HNS and re-introduce more food into my diet.

Can anyone give me any insight to that?

Also, I have a couple brothers who would like information on MRC but can't really afford it, nor is there a center close to them. I have the beige and green menus, but would like a copy of the other menus above the beige one. Could someone help me out with those?

Thanks!

-- JJ
Phat not Fat is offline   Reply With Quote