3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   Anyone else frustrated that it feels like going so SLOW..... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/186735-anyone-else-frustrated-feels-like-going-so-slow.html)

GoalAug2010 03-31-2010 01:59 AM

Thank you for these posts! I've been losing less and less each week (about 2 lbs) and today I went and lost NOTHING for the first time. I'm 7 weeks in and am already behind schedule. They don't seem to concerned, but I am! I'm doing everything 100% on program but at this rate, I won't make my goal in time.

They recommended I have my hormones tested, but I can't find a whole lot of authentic science behind the offering, which I'll need before I pass over another $200.

Did anyone who had poor averages see bigger gains some weeks? The whole time I've been on program, my weekly average gets worse and they say some weeks it will be much bigger. I'm wondering if that's true.

GWE140 03-31-2010 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoalAug2010 (Post 3225717)
Thank you for these posts! I've been losing less and less each week (about 2 lbs) and today I went and lost NOTHING for the first time. I'm 7 weeks in and am already behind schedule. They don't seem to concerned, but I am! I'm doing everything 100% on program but at this rate, I won't make my goal in time.

They recommended I have my hormones tested, but I can't find a whole lot of authentic science behind the offering, which I'll need before I pass over another $200.

Did anyone who had poor averages see bigger gains some weeks? The whole time I've been on program, my weekly average gets worse and they say some weeks it will be much bigger. I'm wondering if that's true.

GoalAug2010, I absolutely experienced small drops and no drops on the scale during WI's. I got very frustrated and questioned the program...I never had BLT's (bites, licks, tastes) of anything off program and still my numbers were slow starting 9 weeks into the program. What happened to me was that my body went into starvation mode and was holding on to everything it could. This was because of the increase in my exercise schedule. A great counselor recommended switching plans and I immediately lost 4lbs the very next WI. I think everyone burns calories differently and has different calories needs to just stay alive. My "burning" number is 1500 calories a day just to live...add exercise and I burn another 600-900 a day, so by eating approx. 900 cal a day on the green menu I was seriously messing up my body's basic cal needs...I guess in the long run I would eventually lose the weight but at a very unhealthy way...I told my counselor I was not going to stop running so by changing my eating plan (MetaBalance) I began to lose weight again, felt great and continued running, which has helped my body bounce back into shape!

dkmd27 03-31-2010 03:43 PM

It always seems that the less you have to lose, the slower it goes. My weight loss started out at 3-4 for a few weeks, and eventually slowed to average out in the 2 to 2.3 range over a 5 months period. I know it's frustrating, but very few people go through the whole program averaging much more than that. It's a healthy rate to lose at. Hang in there!!

lolajean624 03-31-2010 03:58 PM

I've slowed down from the first few weeks too and just today decided to add a fiber drink to one of my HNS - I've never added any of the MRC fiber before but figured it can't hurt. Also, I see you're from the midwest like me and I have to believe part of the slowness is the long winter we've had. Today and yesterday have been awesome so I've been outside and moving more and that helps my spirits, plus adds to my exercise. Not to mention the motivation of fitting into shorts or a swim suit!!! :dizzy:

Nadine 03-31-2010 04:45 PM

I'm only on week two, but I was SO spoiled at the results after my first week (5 lbs) that when my loss tapered (even went up a couple times) I wanted to cry.
*hugs*

GoalAug2010 03-31-2010 04:48 PM

Quote:

today decided to add a fiber drink to one of my HNS
My center said each one burns 100 calories, so 3 a day x 7 weeks is 2100 calories with is 2/3 of a pound. They are really sweet though, I prefer mixing mine with the lemon or grapefruit because with the orange or berry HNS's, they're too syrup-y for me.

Good luck!

Nadine 03-31-2010 04:54 PM

the fiber drinks are calorie burners??
I need to get me some of those... lol

shorty2010 03-31-2010 05:48 PM

Could you please send me your stabilization and maintenance menu? I would greatly appreciate it. My email is rodeo_cash at yahoo.

AshleyRae 12-28-2010 05:44 PM

Perhaps it's because I'm just getting started, but I'm reading about all of your weight loss comments and how you're losing up to 2 pounds per week. That, to me, is PHENOMENAL! I'm so excited to possibly lose that much each week. Shucks, I'd be okay with just a pound a week, as long as the scale continues to head south. Keep up the great work, guys and gals!!!

patzi 12-28-2010 06:26 PM

My weight loss has been very slow.Sometimes. .3pounds a week. Sometimes nothing.. But it does come off eventually. This week 1 1/2 pounds.I take any weight loss at all. I can understand the frustration, as I have been there,but
all in all,the weight will come off if you stay OP.

Patzi

mismoo61 01-03-2011 04:16 PM

A healthy weight loss average is 2 pounds per week at first. Then your body will adjust it's metabolism and then you will feel you have hit a "plateau". But to hit a "plateau" is to not move in pounds, fat %, or body compostition. Remember that if you're exercising you are increasing muscle and muscle weighs more than fat, but muscle burns fat !! So mix up your exercise routine or do a natural detox to rev up that metabolism again. A Plateau just means that your body has adjusted.