3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   Anyone else frustrated that it feels like going so SLOW..... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/186735-anyone-else-frustrated-feels-like-going-so-slow.html)

porchmom84 11-23-2009 10:16 PM

Just a quick update. As I told you I upped my exercise over the week and today at WI I was down 2 pounds. I also started the Enhancer last week so don't know if combo of two or one or the other was the helper.....It was so reassuring to hear something other than .5 pounds! Of course next time who knows.....let's just keep staying the course. I think over time it will all work out.

ButterFly49 11-24-2009 02:59 PM

I seriously thought there was something wrong with me. I've lost 1 lb. per week for 18 weeks & they keep pushing me to loose more. I keep trying but it just doesn't happen. THEY tell me I should loose 2-3 lbs per wk. Ha- that has not happened yet. I do get discouraged :( frequently but I've been keeping a chart of the daily wgt. and can see over the long run - 18 weeks = 18 pounds. They said if I loose 2 lbs before Saturday after Thksgvng I will get a free box of HSN. WOW I want that - as bad as I want to loose the wgt. It will happen when it happens.;)

harlow grey 11-24-2009 06:36 PM

I feel everyone's struggle. I have hit a plateau and I haven't even lost my first 10 lbs (I am .5 away from it.) I exercise 5-6 days a week and vary the exercises (30-60 min,) drink 13-15 glasses of water daily, and have had 1 slip up where I wasn't OP.

I am not trying to get to easily discouraged. It's especially bad for Thanksgiving because I know all of the things I love will be at the family and friends dinner. I want so bad to have a regular meal this Thanksgiving. This is killing me. Before anyone mentions the cookbook, I know all about it but alot of the recipes are not appealing to me. This eating thing and plateau are killing me.

I just try to remind myself that I am doing this for the greater good of being healthy. If you asked me 10 years ago about exercising as much as I do and eating like I currently am, I would have laughed out loud. It's just so dang hard (like everything else in life.) I keep reading the pamphlet on plateaus but it isn't helping me that much.

When I think about it all, I just sigh alot, look at all the money I spent on this program, and drink my water. :dizzy:

NotaFatBride 11-24-2009 10:51 PM

WOOT! Porchmom, excellent!

I'm definitely on a plateau. My weight loss has gone 10 lbs, 6lbs, 4lbs, 3lbs, 3lbs, 2lbs, 0lbs. dun,dun,dun. I've been trying the HNS without water trick since Saturday and so far no luck. I've also laid off the cheese. Today my center suggested starting MRC-6. I guess it's good at flushing out the water that replaces the fat in the fat cells? I'm bummed because my center is offering 2 free weeks added to your plan if you lose weight this week. I still have high hopes for Saturday. That just means I have to be a perfect angel on Thursday. I think it's time to invest in the pills. Maybe I should try to max out my HNS. I've only been taking the minimum.

leahruthie 11-24-2009 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harlow grey (Post 3024662)
I feel everyone's struggle. I have hit a plateau and I haven't even lost my first 10 lbs (I am .5 away from it.) I exercise 5-6 days a week and vary the exercises (30-60 min,) drink 13-15 glasses of water daily, and have had 1 slip up where I wasn't OP.

I am not trying to get to easily discouraged. It's especially bad for Thanksgiving because I know all of the things I love will be at the family and friends dinner. I want so bad to have a regular meal this Thanksgiving. This is killing me. Before anyone mentions the cookbook, I know all about it but alot of the recipes are not appealing to me. This eating thing and plateau are killing me.

I just try to remind myself that I am doing this for the greater good of being healthy. If you asked me 10 years ago about exercising as much as I do and eating like I currently am, I would have laughed out loud. It's just so dang hard (like everything else in life.) I keep reading the pamphlet on plateaus but it isn't helping me that much.

When I think about it all, I just sigh alot, look at all the money I spent on this program, and drink my water. :dizzy:

you might be exercising too much for the amount of calories you take in! if exercising that often is a priority for you, ask about switching to the metabalance menu. that's what i did and i feel 100x better and my weight loss has started up again.

iluvindiana 11-25-2009 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadqueen (Post 3020776)
I can so agree with all of you. I started out great, but have slowed to 1-1/2 lb loss each week. I'm halfway thru the 17 weeks and at this rate there is no way I will meet the goal.
One thing that I'm trying this week is to get back to basics...like when I first started. I'm going to quit using the cookbook, and just keep it simple. Plan to follow the menu EXACTLY. Watch when I eat the cheese and I'll try not diluting the HNS. Another suggestion that I read on one of the threads was to change around what you are eating...If you are repeating the same meals all the time your body adjusts and sometimes giving it different foods will start the loosing process again.
This diet is so specific...Seems that even alittle alteration from the menu can throw one out of fat burning.
Please let this week be better for all of us...

Question: What do you mean that you are not going to dilute the HNS as much? Does adding more water make the HNS weaker?:?:

Goose 11-27-2009 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porchmom84 (Post 3023561)
Just a quick update. As I told you I upped my exercise over the week and today at WI I was down 2 pounds. I also started the Enhancer last week so don't know if combo of two or one or the other was the helper.....It was so reassuring to hear something other than .5 pounds! Of course next time who knows.....let's just keep staying the course. I think over time it will all work out.

This is reassuring, porchmom! I'm going to try to up my exercise this next week and see if I can make the 2 lb. mark instead of the same old 1 or 1.5. How much more did you exercise & what type of exercise?

NotaFatBride 11-28-2009 12:50 AM

I officially broke my plateau the day before Thanksgiving (I have excellent timing). I changed up my exercise routine. I'm a stationary bike kinda girl. Instead I did a workout video. That seemed to have helped.

Goose 11-28-2009 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotaFatBride (Post 3026817)
I officially broke my plateau the day before Thanksgiving (I have excellent timing). I changed up my exercise routine. I'm a stationary bike kinda girl. Instead I did a workout video. That seemed to have helped.

Congrats! Keep up the great work!

Roadqueen 11-28-2009 04:08 PM

Update

OK just to update...Getting back to the basics worked for me this week. I was down 5lbs this friday at WI. Wooo Hooo!
It was also time for the other scale calculations that they do and measurements. I was feeling really great until I was told that the new calculations showed that my goal weight should be 147, instead of 160.
Has this happened to any one else?

porchmom84 11-29-2009 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goose (Post 3026343)
This is reassuring, porchmom! I'm going to try to up my exercise this next week and see if I can make the 2 lb. mark instead of the same old 1 or 1.5. How much more did you exercise & what type of exercise?

I got in 2 classes that were 60' long (might have been 3 but I think 2). Zumba is a aerobic exercise--low impact mainly the way I do it--some high impact. It's a dancing type of aerobics of sorts....but nothing too technical!

porchmom84 11-29-2009 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harlow grey (Post 3024662)

You might want to check with your center. My understanding was 180 minutes of exercise/week MAXIMUM. Sounds like you're doing mroe.

Hvnlymzic 11-29-2009 06:08 PM

I've always put my HNS in 6-8oz of water and have never had issues. Maxing them out is the best plan. I do 5 a day most days. This plan depends on keeping your body burning. In order to do that you have to feed into it. The HNS are great for that. That plus your water are the easiest things to do to keep going strong.

iluvindiana 11-30-2009 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hvnlymzic (Post 3028124)
I've always put my HNS in 6-8oz of water and have never had issues. Maxing them out is the best plan. I do 5 a day most days. This plan depends on keeping your body burning. In order to do that you have to feed into it. The HNS are great for that. That plus your water are the easiest things to do to keep going strong.

I'm sure that is good advice. I was trying to only do 2 HNS a day because of the cost. But it will cost me more if I don't loose the weight and have to re-up for more weeks.
Starting tomorrow, I will do 5 HNS a day.

NotaFatBride 12-06-2009 01:11 AM

porchmom- Is the enhancer still working well? Is that the MRC-6 or Cortitrim? I was just wondering if you had noticed a difference.