Old 10-31-2009, 12:26 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

I too have 17 pounds to lose. I haven't cheated at all on this program, however my weight loss is almost at a standstill. I think because I haven't been drinking enough water and I have had some caffeine in my coffee. Other than that I can't think of a reason the weight loss has stopped.. So count me in ..

Ronnie
RonnieAdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 12:39 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 158/147/120

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsmama View Post
Well I can honestly say I wish I hadn't eaten what I ate at the Oktoberfest. I took one bite of a brautworst (SP?) and have been belching it all night...ick. So tomorrow is a new day (or so I say) or maybe Sunday?! It jsut depends I'm eating another dilly bar right now so definitely one day this weekend and I agre...halloween isn't the ideal time to start lol Have a good night.

Leah I agree, today was a complete wash! oh well, there's always tomororw!
OMG noahsmama!!!!!! that Chocolate Pudding Cake with Almond Icing sounds tooo delish!!!!!!!!!!!! .. cant wait 2 wake up in the morn n try it!!!lol!
(sorry i knw its SO not the thread to be posting this in! but just wanted 2 say thank you! thank you! have been cravng cake 4 a while now.. just abt every1 is baking choco chip cupcakes these days
mountain gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 12:23 PM   #18  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountain gal View Post
OMG noahsmama!!!!!! that Chocolate Pudding Cake with Almond Icing sounds tooo delish!!!!!!!!!!!! .. cant wait 2 wake up in the morn n try it!!!lol!
(sorry i knw its SO not the thread to be posting this in! but just wanted 2 say thank you! thank you! have been cravng cake 4 a while now.. just abt every1 is baking choco chip cupcakes these days
Oh it's great for a dessert, especially the icing! I hope that it might help out a few people with their sweet craving Choc. chip cupcakes? yummo.

Well I went to WI at the center this morning and she basically said you've got about 13 pounds to go and we ARE going to stabilize you at the end of this month. She also said no b-day cake for me, but merely postpone celebrating until after I enter into stabilization. So I hope I can do that. I'm just going to get back on it for another 4 weeks or so and hopefully be done!! If I had only not gone off the dep end I might be further along. There's no looking back only forward!!! We can do this and we WILL succeed
noahsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 04:25 PM   #19  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/196/155

Height: 5'8"

MAJOR NSV TODAY YOU GUYS!!! i ran a 5k!!!!! i hadn't even been training for it or anything but my favorite instructor at my gym was convinced that i would be just fine and convinced me to sign up... and i did it!! i ran it in just under 40 minutes and only walked about 5 to 7 minutes of it. WOOOO!!!! i joined the 5k club!!!!
leahruthie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 10:00 PM   #20  
Lynn

Way to go Leah!! That's absolutely amazing!! Congratulations

So checking in to see how the rest of you did today. Today I can say I was 100% OP and I must say it feels pretty good. We'll see how tomorrow goes when I have to go grocery shopping I want to try some new recipes that I tasted at the cook-off last week so that's got me pretty excited. I even exercised too lol
Old 10-31-2009, 10:53 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 189/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I weighed in today and was down 2.5 pounds...15 more to go! My experience at the center was somewhat unpleasant (first time ever)! My consultant wasn't her usual chipper self and was criticizing every little thing from not buying their vitamins or efa anymore and using Walmart brands instead to the way I dress when I come into the center!!! She made a point to look at my picture in my file and say "I haven't seen you dressed up since you signed up for MRC." I had to defend why I choose to wear the same (way too big) workout clothes each time...because they are very light and I want my weight to be consistent and not vary based on clothing. Ugh...
Anyway, I ended up crying a little and felt so stupid for breaking down under her criticisms. She is usually so supportive. Of course after I began crying and saying how tired I was of the program and ready to be at goal, etc...she changed her tune and tried to be my cheerleader.

It took me all day to shake it off. I have to remind myself of how far I've come and not let these last few pounds get the best of me!
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 08:53 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 0/62/67

Hi my lil' peeps. Yesterday was Halloween and went to a party where there was all sorts of food and drinking and of course Trick-or-Treating. I was able to resisit all of the food and drinks but felt a bit frustrated because everyone was just eating and drinking and the food looked soooo good and there I was just standing around. It makes it a bit harder because one of the other ladies there is also on MRC and she was eating the food and drinking beer and as much as I would like to have a carefree attitude about eating food off program, I know that is what got me in this situation in the first place.
E4FEwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 09:12 AM   #23  

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahruthie View Post
MAJOR NSV TODAY YOU GUYS!!! i ran a 5k!!!!! i hadn't even been training for it or anything but my favorite instructor at my gym was convinced that i would be just fine and convinced me to sign up... and i did it!! i ran it in just under 40 minutes and only walked about 5 to 7 minutes of it. WOOOO!!!! i joined the 5k club!!!!
Leahruthie - AWESOME JOB!!!! Welcome to the 5K club
GWE140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 09:17 AM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose View Post
I weighed in today and was down 2.5 pounds...15 more to go! My experience at the center was somewhat unpleasant (first time ever)! My consultant wasn't her usual chipper self and was criticizing every little thing from not buying their vitamins or efa anymore and using Walmart brands instead to the way I dress when I come into the center!!! She made a point to look at my picture in my file and say "I haven't seen you dressed up since you signed up for MRC." I had to defend why I choose to wear the same (way too big) workout clothes each time...because they are very light and I want my weight to be consistent and not vary based on clothing. Ugh...
Anyway, I ended up crying a little and felt so stupid for breaking down under her criticisms. She is usually so supportive. Of course after I began crying and saying how tired I was of the program and ready to be at goal, etc...she changed her tune and tried to be my cheerleader.

It took me all day to shake it off. I have to remind myself of how far I've come and not let these last few pounds get the best of me!
Goose - I am sorry your counselor put you down during your last WI...do not feel singled out... I have been wearing the same dress (a very light weight sundress) for every WI since Feb...it has become a joke at my center...I refuse to wear anything else as I want to keep everything the same...same clothes, same time of day...as to keep everything consistent. Don't let others make you feel bad...you are in charge of your success not your counselor!
Old 11-01-2009, 09:28 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

Great Job Leah! You rock!

Goose, you are not alone. I wear the ugliest shorts and tank top to weigh in. I started that during the summer and now take the time to change out of the warmer clothes in my WI outfit. If they are in a hurry, so sorry but this is how I know I am consistant. I try to WI after waking up, before water and breakfast, or whatever meal it is that I need to eat next. No one has the right to make you feel like you are not up to snuff or whatever because you want to do things your way. You do what is right for you. I say, cry if you feel like crying too! If she feels a little guilty, then maybe she should! This journey is about more then weight loss, it is about discovering the person we have hidden with the extra pounds and what she/he really needs. How to support that beautiful person and let the rest of world see us for who we truely are.
I am signing up for the 15 pound challenge. I have more then that to go but need a mini goal. Not sure if I can make 15 pounds but the end of November but it is something to strive for.
Lori123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 09:43 AM   #26  

Okay - I have finally decided on 150 as my final goal for now...I feel this will be a more manageable weight for me, 140 would be a dream but I am not trying to get myself into the shape I was 25 years ago...150 is a good weight for my height...So this means I have 20lbs to go and I am trying to get 10 or more off this month and reach stabilization, my goal is to continue losing the last few pounds during the 6 weeks of stabilization... I am so ready to be off this plan...Feb 10 2010 will be a year for me, (except for the 6 week break I took in the summer) and I am ready to move on to living with the loss and not to be consumed daily with what I can and can not have...I have learned a great deal about balancing food and exercising...running is my lifesaver right now!!! Funny thing happened during my last WI, I mentioned I had reduced my weekly running because I was focused on maximum weight loss...my counselor told me NO, they do not want me to reduce my running at all, this will help me continue to drop good numbers as I enter Stabilization.... so now I am back up to 12 miles a week and will keep it there for a couple of weeks...but I am hungry!!! just three or four weeks left of this an I will get into stabilization....So I am joining this challenge!
Old 11-01-2009, 10:06 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 0/62/67

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWE140 View Post
Funny thing happened during my last WI, I mentioned I had reduced my weekly running because I was focused on maximum weight loss...my counselor told me NO, they do not want me to reduce my running at all, this will help me continue to drop good numbers as I enter Stabilization.... so now I am back up to 12 miles a week and will keep it there for a couple of weeks...but I am hungry!!! just three or four weeks left of this an I will get into stabilization....So I am joining this challenge!
I am so confused what plan do they have you doing? When I was walking more than 5 hours a week, they told me I wasn't allowed to exercise that much. I really wanted to "kick it up" a bit and start doing more labor intensive exercise they told me I shouldn't/couldn't without having to change programs. They told me once I entered stabablization I could really start exercising.
E4FEwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 01:28 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 189/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Thanks to GWE and Lori for your support! Lori, you are so right about this being a journey to discovering the person we have hidden with the extra pounds. The closer I get to goal, the more I realize how very true this is!

I've decided that I won't let any nitpicky comments from consultants to get me down again. It is my program, and after all...they should be working "for" me, not against me. I had to remind myself that they aren't doing me a favor; I've paid a great deal of money for this program!!!
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 09:05 PM   #29  
Lynn

For my first 100% OP week, I knew I wanted to try some new recipes to keep things interesting for me. I posted a few recipes that I received at our cook-off last week. Today, I tried the brownie for lunch. I have to admit it was pretty good except that I didn't like the almost extract in the icing. I'm not sure what to change. I may add vanilla extract instead. But it was good for a different protein source at lunch. I spent 2 hours slicing/dicing/prepping for 2 meals. I fixed the cajun jambalaya chicken and it was so well worth the time it took to prepare. Granted, I wouldn't fix it every week but maybe once a month and it was so good. I'm not normally a spicy person and it definitely had a 'kick' to it but it was really good.

I'm going to try the Spaghetti squash/shepherd's pie that someone posted on the recipe thread Tuesday night. It feel so good to be prepared for the coming week! I think that'll be my key. What about the rest of you? Do you prep ahead of time? I usually prepare my menu for the comign week on Saturday night in time for me to go shopping on Sunday.

I was going to exercise, but I spent 3 hours of my feet prepping/cooking dinner tonight so I'm just plum exhausted. Hope the rest of you ladies are doing well.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:33 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 230/229/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsmama View Post
For my first 100% OP week, I knew I wanted to try some new recipes to keep things interesting for me. I posted a few recipes that I received at our cook-off last week. Today, I tried the brownie for lunch. I have to admit it was pretty good except that I didn't like the almost extract in the icing. I'm not sure what to change. I may add vanilla extract instead. But it was good for a different protein source at lunch. I spent 2 hours slicing/dicing/prepping for 2 meals. I fixed the cajun jambalaya chicken and it was so well worth the time it took to prepare. Granted, I wouldn't fix it every week but maybe once a month and it was so good. I'm not normally a spicy person and it definitely had a 'kick' to it but it was really good.

I'm going to try the Spaghetti squash/shepherd's pie that someone posted on the recipe thread Tuesday night. It feel so good to be prepared for the coming week! I think that'll be my key. What about the rest of you? Do you prep ahead of time? I usually prepare my menu for the comign week on Saturday night in time for me to go shopping on Sunday.

I was going to exercise, but I spent 3 hours of my feet prepping/cooking dinner tonight so I'm just plum exhausted. Hope the rest of you ladies are doing well.

The brownie recipe sounds interesting where did you find it.
I have lost 64 lbs and seem to be at a stand still so am looking
for different menu items hoping to change things up. You have
done so well maybe you have some ideas.
storment7 is offline   Reply With Quote