3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   what's your plan of attack for thanksgiving? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/185100-whats-your-plan-attack-thanksgiving.html)

gish24 10-30-2009 12:31 PM

I plan on running in the Turkey Trot Thanksgiving morning at Lake Zorinsky (if any of my Omaha girls would like to join)...it's a great way to start off the holiday with a 4 mile run/walk!!!! Then if I do indulge in the 2-bite rule I may feel less guilty :)

TeresaG 10-30-2009 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirasmommy (Post 2992119)
I am getting a tonsillectomy the Thursday before Thanksgiving so I will not be eating any food for Thanksgiving.....just liquids. I will miss my pumpkin pie but there is always next year!

That doesn't sound like fun at all. But the upside is not having the temptations because you can't eat them. Hope all goes well for you.

LaRee mother of 3 10-30-2009 12:39 PM

So fun!! I live in Papillion but I just don't know that I can do 4 miles....have to think about it. It does sound like a great time though!!

gish24 10-30-2009 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaRee mother of 3 (Post 2993578)
So fun!! I live in Papillion but I just don't know that I can do 4 miles....have to think about it. It does sound like a great time though!!

You can go as far as you like! We just to walk/run from the boat docks to 168th street and turn around. It's just something fun to kick off the day. Hope to see you there...it would be great to get a bunch of girls from the board down there!!!!

Roadqueen 10-30-2009 12:46 PM

These are all great ideas. This is a good thread.

For me...I must stay OP. I know that I am unable to "go off" even alittle without the food flood gates opening wide. When I get to my goal, then I will start learning how to do things within reason.

I'm cooking Thanksgiving Dinner....So my plan is to eat turkey breast, make some legal stuffing for myself (real for every one else) and make some veggies that I can eat. The BIG threat for me is pumpkin pie. So I'm not serving any this year.

It's only this one Thanksgiving.....I can do it and feel OK. I know that next year I will be at or below my goal and I will be able to eat reasonably and enjoy it all.

rn5192008 10-30-2009 08:45 PM

thanksgiving

Last year my center gave us this menu:

Breakfast: Clear Supplement
Breakfast Casserole(cookbook pg 18) or 1 serving Protein Group
1 or 3

Lunch: 4-6 oz. Turkey Breast
4oz. salad & Green Bean Casserole or 8 oz. salad
1/4 c of Sage and Savory dressing
1/4 c cranberry sauce or relish (optional)

Dessert: MRC Pumpkin Pie OR
MRC Pumpkin Cheesecake, 1/2 serving (cookbook pg 198) OR
Baked Apples (cookbook pg 176)

Dinner: 4 oz. turkey or other Group 3 Protein
4 oz. cooked or 8 oz. raw vegetables

Evening: Clear Supplement

Thanksgiving Leftover Recipes:

Chicken and Dumplings (cookbook pg 110) use turkey instead of chicken
Turkey Marsala pg. 127
Shrimp and Chicken Gumbo pg. 149 use tukey instead of chicken
Soup receipes pgs.- 36-53 sub or add turkey to any soup receipe

I'll post receipes not in cookbook on receipe thread

porchmom84 11-01-2009 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GWE140 (Post 2989536)
I think it is important to have a plan for Thanksgiving but just in case the plan changes on that day, with all the temptations, have a plan B to help stay in control of your eating...There have been many times in my past where I would say, "Oh Well, I blew it (diet) might as well eat everything"...and continue down this path...having plan B will help in creating limits...I know wine will be served during our Thanksgiving meal but I have decided that I will not have any, however plan B is to have 1 glass if I can not resists the festive mood...Oh and I do plan on taking the maximum fat/carb blocker...

Please tell me more about fat/carb blocker. I've heard of them. You've used before I guess and it worked for you? How many do you take, etc?

E4FEwife 11-01-2009 10:42 AM

[QUOTE=Roadqueen;2993589]The BIG threat for me is pumpkin pie. So I'm not serving any this year.

QUOTE]

Make the pumpkin cheesecake and maybe add some extra pumpkin pie spice to make it more "pumpkin-y" Someone said there is a pumpkin pie recipe too; I'll have to check that out. Or make an apple pie with splenda & cinnamon.

Roadqueen 11-01-2009 11:30 AM

[QUOTE=E4FEwife;2995529]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadqueen (Post 2993589)
The BIG threat for me is pumpkin pie. So I'm not serving any this year.

QUOTE]

Make the pumpkin cheesecake and maybe add some extra pumpkin pie spice to make it more "pumpkin-y" Someone said there is a pumpkin pie recipe too; I'll have to check that out. Or make an apple pie with splenda & cinnamon.

Thanks, I will try that.
How will I count that for dessert after dinner? Do I just eat less turkey for the protein?

magnoliagirl 11-01-2009 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porchmom84 (Post 2995503)
Please tell me more about fat/carb blocker. I've heard of them. You've used before I guess and it worked for you? How many do you take, etc?

porchmom, when you find out what fat/carb blocker let me know, I have been
searching/looking. I went to the Vitamin store and they had a brand called
"Cheaters" but not sure and he did not know that much about the brand
either.
thanks, magnoliagirl

bjwizzy 01-05-2010 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnoliagirl (Post 2995850)
porchmom, when you find out what fat/carb blocker let me know, I have been
searching/looking. I went to the Vitamin store and they had a brand called
"Cheaters" but not sure and he did not know that much about the brand
either.
thanks, magnoliagirl

Magnoliagirl how are you? I haven't chatted with you in a while.