3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   what's your plan of attack for thanksgiving? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/185100-whats-your-plan-attack-thanksgiving.html)

VernDern 10-27-2009 02:07 PM

I plan on working out 3 times & filling up on plain turkey, fruit, and raw veggies. Maybe a spoon full of a few of the other stuff but I dont know what we're having yet! lol I think if I reach my goal for that week I'll allow myself a peice (SMALL peice) of dessert but we'll see!

desilu0 10-27-2009 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porchmom84 (Post 2987965)
Please tell me what MQ is.

MQ stands for the Meta-Quick plan which is a one week plan that has you either eating a meal replacement bar or drinking a meal replacement shake for breakfast and lunch (along with the HNS drinks like normal) and eating a normal on program dinner. No bar and bar or shake and shake in one day, it's one for breakfast and the other for lunch. At least that's the gist of what I understood from my center.

GWE140 10-27-2009 05:38 PM

I think it is important to have a plan for Thanksgiving but just in case the plan changes on that day, with all the temptations, have a plan B to help stay in control of your eating...There have been many times in my past where I would say, "Oh Well, I blew it (diet) might as well eat everything"...and continue down this path...having plan B will help in creating limits...I know wine will be served during our Thanksgiving meal but I have decided that I will not have any, however plan B is to have 1 glass if I can not resists the festive mood...Oh and I do plan on taking the maximum fat/carb blocker...

porchmom84 10-27-2009 05:51 PM

I'm so scared that if I have a TASTE...that the cravings will come back the following days...and that the taste won't be just a taste....Oh I'm glad this thread is up so I can start mentally preparing for this. I WANT to enjoy the holiday!

shopgirl 10-27-2009 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desilu0 (Post 2989516)
MQ stands for the Meta-Quick plan which is a one week plan that has you either eating a meal replacement bar or drinking a meal replacement shake for breakfast and lunch (along with the HNS drinks like normal) and eating a normal on program dinner. No bar and bar or shake and shake in one day, it's one for breakfast and the other for lunch. At least that's the gist of what I understood from my center.

Hey, I'm on MQ b/c my center is having an MQ challenge this week. You can't have 2 bars in one day but you CAN have 2 shakes in one day (one at bfast and one at lunch). Hope that helps! :)

Pcherr001 10-27-2009 09:56 PM

I am so bad about saying oh well i cheated might as well eat whatever today. That is self sabatoge!!! I love your plan b idea.

ajowens 10-27-2009 10:01 PM

I am going to eat sensible up to the day. I am going to cook my butt off then I am going to eat. I will eat until I am full then I am with work out and go to bed and start the day a new!

Lori259 10-27-2009 10:07 PM

Enjoy the holidays ~The Do Not worry approach!

OK....I am proboly gonna get yelled at over my point of view on the holidays so Pleaseeee remember its Just my way And noone has to agree with it or do it.
I must say though I have lost 85.5 pounds So far... In a little over 11 months So I am very proud of my methods and must say it works.

Last year I had just started my journey with counting calories On november the 11th 2008 . When thanksgiving came a few days later I ate Without counting...Everything went fine...This year I plan to do the same...Not count calories for the day~But My stomach has shrank Big Time So I doubt I can eat as much As I did Last year. I think if we eat ON a day of celebration and have one or 2 worry free days out of the year ~It gives us something to look forward too!~Since we all love food...That way~We aint on edge just because it's a holiday.

Then For LAst year at Christmas I ate a Piece of Fudge Candy Over my calories ~I knew I loved the candy & that one piece was better than a whole pan~Like I normally would eat~I got my craving for the holiday over with and Had a super Holiday. I also ate a little over my calories on Christmas day.

I think the Do not worry Approach is a super approach~Just stay on track~and If you go off it a little on the holidays then ~Jump right back on it the next day~Noone is Perfect ~I just feel That worring is far more harmful than a day of enjoying a larger meal. Stress Is very unhealthy!

RN BSN 2009 10-27-2009 10:36 PM

Eat extra white meat turkey... real cranberry (without the added sugar).... tons of cream-free, butter free veggies... water.. and limit to one small piece of pie.

CJay 10-27-2009 10:44 PM

That sounds very reasonable! Focusing on protein (turkey breast) and fresh vegetables (even if cooked) and then seeing any extras as small amount "spices" for that day. And doing those HNS protein drinks and lots of water.

Lori123321 10-29-2009 05:07 AM

I usually work on Thanksgiving or go to my mom's house. Well this year I am working the night after Thanksgiving so I won't be able to go to Mom's and will end up cooking for the first time in years. Will probably invite my brother and some friends over. So this is a huge question for me, how to get through Thanksgiving. I like the idea of concentrating on Turkey and veggies, then eating a bite or two of other items. Taking carb and fat blocker for the wine and other residual effects of dinner. Not stressing too much about it and letting myself enjoy the time with friends and family. And buy storage containers to pack the leftovers in to send out the door with others since I will be tempted with mashed potatoes. Also thinking of the MQ for the week up to and after, since I have not done it before, might try it this week to see how I react to it. Just have purchase stuff when I WI tomorrow and figure it out myself if they don't encourage it. We will see!

whip1 10-29-2009 05:49 AM

I will have what ever I want in moderation and enjoy the holiday then back on track..

LaRee mother of 3 10-29-2009 09:28 AM

question.....last night I made "7" dozen cupcakes for a church fall festival party Friday...now...I had such a hard time making these things because they looked sooooo good. :drool: Did I have a few bites of batter....naaaa! :nose: After eating healthy for even just this week (I just started MRC) I had the worst belly ache last night. :barf: I was in the bathroom at 3:30 AM this morning and still have to keep running back at 8:20 this morning. Does anyone else find if they have a small cheat that they have stomach problems??? :?: Thanksgiving to me will not be the norm this year. Which is good, little bites of the things that I love and spend the rest with just enjoying my family! I don't want to spend my Thanksgiving in the bathroom! :thanks2:

whip1 10-29-2009 09:38 AM

I know what you mean after eating healthy and low fat for a long time I had a bite of a Mc D's cheeseburger and it made me feel sick.I just can't handle alot of fat now but before it would have been yummy .YUCK!

keirasmommy 10-29-2009 11:53 AM

I am getting a tonsillectomy the Thursday before Thanksgiving so I will not be eating any food for Thanksgiving.....just liquids. I will miss my pumpkin pie but there is always next year!