Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 01:49 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 193/143/145

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsmama View Post
I have to admit something. I was so afraid of failing at this that I took my September ticker out of my signature. But, I do believe I may hit the 150's (barely though) by October. My home scale said 160.4 this morning. I couldn't believe it. I guess my body has finally decided to come out of hibernation and let me start losing again! Thank goodness because I was getting a little worried there for a long time.
Girl....put that ticker back out there! You'll get there...you have 10 days yet. I've been missing your comments out here! We are roughly the same weight, height and you have been a huge inspriation to me.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:36 PM   #92  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookinfine09 View Post
Girl....put that ticker back out there! You'll get there...you have 10 days yet. I've been missing your comments out here! We are roughly the same weight, height and you have been a huge inspriation to me.
I did it and thank you! We'll see what the next 9 days hold for me. I feel better and I think that has a huge part to do with it! Thanks for making me get over myself and put myself out there again! We can kick this weight off!
Old 09-21-2009, 02:43 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by misskim View Post

Looking forward to finding some inspiration here!!! I think I've read every thread in the MRC forum already! Goal date: End of February.

MissKim
Hi MissKim! Where in Central FL are you?
Old 09-21-2009, 04:10 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelofsc View Post
Hi everyone,
It's been a while since I've posted to the site but I sm still on point. I weighed in on Saturday and was down 5 lbs. I am only .5lbs away from signing the 30 lbs board which I look forward to doing this week. And I am only 2 lbs away from my September goal. I am so happy and pleased with what I've done with myself. I am looking for to another big number on the scale. Well good luck and have a good OP this week.
Wow, 5 lbs! That's great angelofsc, keep up the good work, you'll be signing that 30 lb board in no time for sure :0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by misskim View Post
Hi Everybody! Happy to have found you! I'll need the support... seems like a long journey ahead. Enrolled 9/8, and started beige menu on 9/13. Down 12.5 already... all I've read about plateaus makes me pretty confident I'll see one this week just to kick things off! Won't panic... assume it'll last a week and a half.

I was already exercising lots, so that part has been easy, though I've kicked out a couple days on my Crosstrainer (LifeFitness elliptical machine) in favor of the Wii Fit, which I finally allowed my kiddo to bring into the living room. You'd think my legs were already in good shape from the Crosstrainer for a couple of months... I'm now sore in muscles that apparently don't get exercised on the Crosstrainer!

Looking forward to finding some inspiration here!!! I think I've read every thread in the MRC forum already! Goal date: End of February.

MissKim

Welcome misskim,
you've got a great attitude that will carry you through... congrats on that 12.5 lbs lost!

Quote:
I have to admit something. I was so afraid of failing at this that I took my September ticker out of my signature. But, I do believe I may hit the 150's (barely though) by October. My home scale said 160.4 this morning. I couldn't believe it. I guess my body has finally decided to come out of hibernation and let me start losing again! Thank goodness because I was getting a little worried there for a long time.
Oh Noahsmama,
You make me so sad having taking down your sept goal ticker... I'm so glad you put it back up... boy can we be hard on ourselves sometimes, I don't think I'll meet my September goal either but I sure am learning alot about myself in the process... Congrats on making that scale move again :0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifties Lady View Post
Noahsmama, well that was a long dirty trick your body played on you. So glad you are back on the downslide again. I am so glad you hung in there, it would have been so easy to throw in the towel. I too am hoping my plateau doesn't last long. I think the flu set me back along with the loss of my FIL. So this week, It's going to be following the plan to a TEE.
Hey FL,
The flu will make you stall for sure... your body was putting all it's energy into getting you better and wasn't willing to give up any of the weight in the process... Glad you're feeling better!
Old 09-21-2009, 04:27 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 193/143/145

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
I did it and thank you! We'll see what the next 9 days hold for me. I feel better and I think that has a huge part to do with it! Thanks for making me get over myself and put myself out there again! We can kick this weight off!
YES WE CAN! You are an amazing woman and have come so far on your weight loss journey. I'm glad you feel better.
Old 09-21-2009, 05:06 PM   #96  

Oh my! So at WI Friday I was 150 AGAIN and was not happy. My counselor was excited about me loosing 3 lbs... baisically I had gained and lost the same 3 lbs so many times I acutally thought I was already at 150 so when I saw 150 again it was disapointing. I was also disapointed that I had gained and lost it enough times that its ridiculous!

So this is it!!! No more 150's!!! I will WI today and it better be in the 140's. I want to see those 3 lbs gone forever!

Last edited by daizy hotrocks; 09-21-2009 at 05:07 PM.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:33 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 224/214/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmb9697 View Post
Hi MissKim! Where in Central FL are you?
Gee I thought that i was the only one out here from Florida...
Old 09-21-2009, 08:02 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 195/159/133

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

Hey, there---I agree, you have been an inspiration to me and many others! Glad you put your ticker back on!

Quick question for you.....I saw your inches lost and wondered if you were taking the CortiTrim. I'm thinking about starting it. I take ADWL/MRC6 and one of the ladies suggested CortiTrim for me. Thought I'd get through my first month and then add it. Thx for your thoughts!
Old 09-21-2009, 10:06 PM   #99  
Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopgirl View Post
Hey, there---I agree, you have been an inspiration to me and many others! Glad you put your ticker back on!

Quick question for you.....I saw your inches lost and wondered if you were taking the CortiTrim. I'm thinking about starting it. I take ADWL/MRC6 and one of the ladies suggested CortiTrim for me. Thought I'd get through my first month and then add it. Thx for your thoughts!
Thank you I am currently taking CortiTrim and MRC-6. I stopped it for a couple months and then wanted to try it again to see if it would make a difference with my slowed loss and it may be coincidence...but my losses have increased finally! I also took the ADWL off/on and have decided not to buy it again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookinfine09 View Post
YES WE CAN! You are an amazing woman and have come so far on your weight loss journey. I'm glad you feel better.
Great you ladies are so wonderful! You are amazing too. I remember looking to ladies on here as my 'mentors' if you will and miss seeing their regular posts, but realize that their in a different stage of their loss because they're done losing and I want to be there soon!!! I was so down on myself and am just feeling much better. I've got my head back in the game. I mean come on, I'm a size 10 and wearing a size M shirt..and I've got another dress size or 2 to go!! I LOVE being able to pick up a size 10 off the rack and not having to worry about whether it'll fit. My only problem now is length

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen1234 View Post
Oh Noahsmama,
You make me so sad having taking down your sept goal ticker... I'm so glad you put it back up... boy can we be hard on ourselves sometimes, I don't think I'll meet my September goal either but I sure am learning alot about myself in the process... Congrats on making that scale move again :0)
Thank you Therapist Karen! You and Lori and FL are so amazing with your words. I don't feel I can ever say what you ladies say so eloquently!! I know I was beating myself up and just was baffled as to why I wasn't losing what I thought I should be losing. But hopefully I'll see the 150-something before the end of the week..I hope any way!!

Thanks again ladies, you have just made my evening!!!

Last edited by noahsmama; 09-21-2009 at 10:08 PM.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:25 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

I thought this was interesting from the South Beach Diet hints:

Daily Dish
Standoff With the Scale

Don't be discouraged if your weight fluctuates day by day. Shifts in water weight, constipation, and even the food you just ate can influence the daily changes you see on the scale.

Daily weight changes are particularly common during Phase 1, when your body is adjusting to the new way of eating. You may also notice that you weigh more immediately after a meal. This is due to the actual weight of the food! Remember that it takes time for your body to digest what you’ve eaten, and it can take a couple of days for weight loss or weight gain to register on the scale. To avoid confusion and disappointment, weigh yourself only once a week. Let how much healthier you feel and how your clothes are fitting become the measure of your weight-loss success.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:03 AM   #101  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelofsc View Post
Hi everyone,
It's been a while since I've posted to the site but I sm still on point. I weighed in on Saturday and was down 5 lbs. I am only .5lbs away from signing the 30 lbs board which I look forward to doing this week. And I am only 2 lbs away from my September goal. I am so happy and pleased with what I've done with myself. I am looking for to another big number on the scale. Well good luck and have a good OP this week.
Good to hear from you! Great job on the 5 lbs. That 0.5 lbs will disappear quick and you will sign that board before you know it!

Quote:
Congrats on not letting that little moment of doubt keep you down for long. You are such a beautiful couragous woman. Take these next few days and wring all you can out of them!
Old 09-22-2009, 12:22 PM   #102  

I am still 150 after WI yesterday. I think I have hit my first plateau. I am still working on 100 oz of water a day and going to do w1d3 of cp5k tonight. I had some knee pain so I didn't want to push it but I am actually missing the gym.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:11 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifties Lady View Post
To avoid confusion and disappointment, weigh yourself only once a week. Let how much healthier you feel and how your clothes are fitting become the measure of your weight-loss success.
I so wish I had the strength to weigh myself only once a week! It's like the scale magnetically pulls me to it in the morning when I get up. I don't want any surprises when I at WI at the center.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:28 PM   #104  
Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by funshine View Post
I so wish I had the strength to weigh myself only once a week! It's like the scale magnetically pulls me to it in the morning when I get up. I don't want any surprises when I at WI at the center.
I know exactly what you mean and feel the exact same way! I even tell myself, 'don't weight today' but yea right. I always do it no matter what
Old 09-22-2009, 02:32 PM   #105  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/196/155

Height: 5'8"

i weigh myself a billion times per day, lol--when i wake up, before and after going to the bathroom (LOL), after a workout, before bed.... i'm a scale-a-holic. and i don't really pay much attention to what it says, because i know weight fluctuates a pound or two throughout the course of the day, but it keeps me on the right track and also reminds me that i'm down 15 pounds.
Closed Thread