Old 08-09-2009, 02:47 PM   #1  

Default Has Anyone Tried Combining MRC and NutriSystem....

Has anyone ever tried combining both the MRC diet and NutriSystem? I am curious of this, because while I like MRC, I am just not able to make all the meals that they require, therefore, NS seems like a viable option to this issue.

However, I was wanting to combine to two, because I also enjoy the MRC HNS drinks and I love the people at my MRC Center, as well as the fact that you have to weigh in twice per week and they hold you accountable.

I have been on both and so far here are my statistics with both of them:

I have lost 55 lbs. while on just NutriSystem alone and I have lost 40 lbs. while on MRC alone (because I didn't know what I was doing for a long time, until it was finally correctly explained to me and I figured it out! lol!).

Anyhow, what is everyone's thoughts on this and has anyone ever done this or something like this before?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
NeedtoLose200Lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 06:11 PM   #2  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

not to be a negative nancy nay-sayer, or whatever, but you want to do two DIFFERENT very EXPENSIVE programs, each designed to be done alone...together?!?! Not exactly sure what you are hoping to accomplish... i mean, i suppose it wouldnt be awful, to just do nutrisystem (which i have done) and to supplement it with some extra HNS supplements (becasue they ARE really good for you).....plus nutrisystem does have you supplementing in SOME extra protiens (usually dairy)...however, the reason MRC works is because it is so strict about what foods you can combine with what, and the exact ratio of proteins to carbs, etc......and nutrisystem has a lot more carbs in their meals, and sodium too.....all in all, i dont think its a good idea...Sorry??
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 06:12 PM   #3  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

why arent you able to make the meals that mrc requires? Chicken and salad?
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:52 AM   #4  

Default Re: MRC and NutriSystem

I can make that, but it is other things. I am disabled and it is really hard for me to do too much and I really don't have any help and I thought that doing these two together (yes they are BOTH expensive - but....), because the NS is easy to make (for the most part you just pop in the Microwave and go) and then make the HNS shakes, which is also easy to do.

I am just not able to make a lot of meals due to being disabled, so it is really hard for me and if I lost the weight, I would NOT be disabled anymore.

I hope that this makes sense. This would also help me in preparing my meal sheets for MRC as well.

Any suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 08-10-2009, 10:29 AM   #5  
266/236/192

S/C/G: 266/236/192

Height: 5'10"

Needto - I say if you can afford to do both try it. Especially if you handle is a reflection of your situation, "need to lose 200lbs". You have to do what would work for you! The only thing I would be careful of is the sodium content in the NS meals. Anything frozen tends to run higher but if you upped your water intake enough it might balance out. Good luck!
Kristalin180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:29 AM   #6  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 239.5/232.5/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedtoLose200Lbs View Post
I can make that, but it is other things. I am disabled and it is really hard for me to do too much and I really don't have any help and I thought that doing these two together (yes they are BOTH expensive - but....), because the NS is easy to make (for the most part you just pop in the Microwave and go) and then make the HNS shakes, which is also easy to do.

I am just not able to make a lot of meals due to being disabled, so it is really hard for me and if I lost the weight, I would NOT be disabled anymore.

I hope that this makes sense. This would also help me in preparing my meal sheets for MRC as well.

Any suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Maybe you could just do NS and buy your HNS from dietdirect.com and not really "do MRC"? That way you will have easy meals and you can supplement your protien with the HNS. I think if you try to do NS and MRC, it may not work well since I have found out if I eat off plan with MRC I gain quickly.
lmickley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 06:21 AM   #7  

Thanks to everyone for their help. I contacted my MRC Center and they are working with me, so I'm still doing MRC and NOT doing the NS. However, thank you so much for all of your help! It is greatly appreciated!
Old 08-12-2009, 12:46 PM   #8  

Height: 5'7"

I dont think you should combine the 2. BUT I do have some ideas for you, I am a busy mom who owns a business and goes to college full time so I can totally appreciate not being able to cook alot. I have found some quickees that may help you.
My number one is boil a dozen eggs for the week in an egg cooker. You can then make tuna salad out fo them and put on sliced tomatos (takes 2 minutes) or eat them for breakfast with a piece of lt. bread.
Also, I make this HUGE stir-fry out of chicken, zuchini, and green onions and freeze it in portions. I use Bragg amino acids for the sauce. You freeze it in bags and eat it when you need it. If someone could help you cook one day/month that's all you would need! You could make this, the lasagna, and the chili rellano casserole and have like 30 meals! All cooked in 2 hours or less......
Also some mornings I do quick oatmeal and hard boiled egg.
Lunch you can also bake like 10 lbs of chicken and then just throw it on a salad, take out a few days at a time to thaw.
Hang in there! I know you can do it!
summersbluepits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 01:09 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 273/ticker/140

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersbluepits View Post
I dont think you should combine the 2. BUT I do have some ideas for you, I am a busy mom who owns a business and goes to college full time so I can totally appreciate not being able to cook alot. I have found some quickees that may help you.
My number one is boil a dozen eggs for the week in an egg cooker. You can then make tuna salad out fo them and put on sliced tomatos (takes 2 minutes) or eat them for breakfast with a piece of lt. bread.
Also, I make this HUGE stir-fry out of chicken, zuchini, and green onions and freeze it in portions. I use Bragg amino acids for the sauce. You freeze it in bags and eat it when you need it. If someone could help you cook one day/month that's all you would need! You could make this, the lasagna, and the chili rellano casserole and have like 30 meals! All cooked in 2 hours or less......
Also some mornings I do quick oatmeal and hard boiled egg.
Lunch you can also bake like 10 lbs of chicken and then just throw it on a salad, take out a few days at a time to thaw.
Hang in there! I know you can do it!

i think these are very good suggestions, the one abt having someone come and help you cook maybe one or two days out of the month-that would be soooo helpful!
bitetoobreakkskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 01:42 PM   #10  

Height: 5'7"

Another idea I have, I wonder if Supper Solutions might have things you could make on program? Might be worth checking, they will prepare the food for you..........and each meal would probably be 4 servings. They would have to see yoru menu and understand what you can and can't have. Another thought, I bet you could pay someone to come and cook for you twice a month for less money than NutriSystem. Maybe find someone who typically cleans houses and ask if they'd be willing to help? I have someone that I pay by the hour to help me do stuff and it's great. Maybe even a college student?
summersbluepits is offline   Reply With Quote