Old 04-29-2009, 01:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

Default How long is preconditioning?

I've just been reading posts here that give different amount of days for preconditioning. I signed up last Monday and have my food instruction class this Friday (4 days in between) and was wondering if this is enough time to precondition. Will I start my biege menu on Friday? Or will it be postponed another week? Is it my choice which week to start it?
Dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 358/337.5/200

Height: 5'10"

When i did preconditioning, i went in on a friday and got my menu the following friday. most people that i have talked to have done less than me though, im figuring 4-5 days on average...not 100% sure on that though
silverfox1016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 02:39 PM   #3  
-Jacque

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5.5"

I live 35 minutes from my center so I went in on a saturday and started pre-conditioning and then went in the following week and started my green menu.

So one week for me.
JacAg08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 02:55 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/185/140

Height: 5ft 2 in

It was about a week for me too.
blissfulmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:34 PM   #5  

Thanks for your replies. I'm just eager to get OP.
Old 05-02-2009, 01:02 AM   #6  

Well, for all my eagerness I didn't get to make to my food class Friday. I had to go to my son's school and sign him up for next year because he hadn't turned the papers in so I missed it

Now I have to wait another week to go OP. I'll have to trade off work with someone just to go to that so I'm wondering if I can convince my counselor to give me a private instruction during the week. Has anyone ever done this before?

I've already paid so it seems like they would want to accommodate me.

I'm doing well staying in my preconditioning mode. Still motivated.
Old 05-02-2009, 01:11 AM   #7  
-Jacque

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5.5"

Since I do not live close to my center and cant make it to food instruction classes, they do it when I come in each saturday one on one. I would just ask =)
JacAg08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 02:43 AM   #8  

Thanks for your response, Jacques. I'll call the Center and ask them in the morning.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:54 AM   #9  
Jamaica Bound

S/C/G: 213/173/150(170 by 6/18/09)

Height: 5'5"

Default Your Center

I hope your center is as good as mine. I signed up on a Monday and then went in on Friday for my program start up. Apparently at MRC they always do that on Fridays. The center in Amarillo has been so good that even if I have plans early on Saturday mornings, because more often than not, I do, they let me come in even before they actually open up. Since I was above 200 they started me on the beige program for a few weeks and soon as I got into onderland they put me on the green program. I have been on program for the initial 17 week period and just re enrolled today. I think if you call your center they will try to work with anyone that has a situation. I also went from weighing in twice a week to just every Saturday because it was better for me mentally and timewise for my busy schedule. Good luck on your start up and I bet you will do wonderful because you seem very ambitious about this life change! Huggers!!
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 02:34 AM   #10  

Well, I called the Center Saturday morning and they told me under no circumstances could they reschedule a class just for me. I asked if there might not be anyone else in the same predicament and suggested it wouldn't be a waste of time for them. I also reminded them nicely that I was paid up and heard so many good things about MRC that I couldn't wait to start on my menu. The counselor said, "I'm with a client right now and I don't really have time to discuss this."

I told her I had to think about things and would call back. I am determined to begin this wonderful program, but I may do this over the phone with another center. There has to be a solution.

Nothing is going to get in my way to lose weight.

In the meantime, I'm eating off the pre-conditioning menu and wondering what foods await me on the biege.
Old 05-03-2009, 02:54 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 257/257/160

Height: 5'7"

When I was started, I got the preconditioning menu the first day, then every week on the same day, I got a new menu... I was told if I didn't lose weight during that week that I would stay on the same menu until I did.... but I don't remember that happening. Later in the game it was a new menu every other week or so
CR80104 is offline   Reply With Quote