Old 04-24-2009, 04:05 PM   #1  

Default Newbie to this forum - Question on MRC

Hi everyone,

I am new to these forums . I have made an appt with MRC tomorrow here in dallas, tx. I was wondering if there is anyone here from dallas who could share their experiences with me.

Thanks in advance.

-Nan
nanmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 199/ticker/160

Height: 5' 9.5"

Hello neighbor! I go to the Frisco MRC! I'm on day 6 and on the green menu. Glad you're here!
PoNdHopPer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 10:44 AM   #3  

Default Hi!

Hi there!

Thanks for responding to my message. I didn't realize that there was a center in frisco. The Mckinney one came up for me and I think it would be farther than frisco is.

If you don't mind me asking, what do you think of the program so far?

Thanks,
Nan
Old 04-25-2009, 11:25 AM   #4  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 270.5/259.5/209

Height: 5' 8"

Hey! I'm in Allen and have been on the program for 1 week and lost 11 lbs....
I am very encouraged! I would love to have new people to talk to about the program!
shan2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 01:55 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 199/ticker/160

Height: 5' 9.5"

Oops. I guess I meant Mckinney, it's nearly to Frisco from where I live (other side of Mckinney). That center is convenient because it's on my way home from work. And I also made a mistake, now i'm actually on day 8. I guess it's going faster than I thought. Frankly the first few days of the program were hard for me. I've got the hang of it now, and am starting to come out of carb/sugar/caffeine withdrawal. Although I've made a huge mistake. I bought a multi vitamin at Target that was labeled "daily energy support". I didn't read far enough into the ingredients. It's loaded with B vitamin, but at the end of the label it said 'guarana powder and caffiene 200mg' wth!!! I just spent two weeks and headaches getting off of caffiene now I have ditch these vitamins. Off to the store later for new ones. sheeesh! BUT I've lost 4.5 pounds so far and 2.5% body fat, and 1.5 lbs of muscle. Tanita rocks! Okay I'm done rambling. Glad to see some neighbors here!
PoNdHopPer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 12:33 PM   #6  

Default Joined MRC last night

Hi,

I enrolled at MRC last night. I am quite excited!
Old 04-28-2009, 03:54 PM   #7  
-Jacque

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5.5"

I am on Day 3. I go to the center in McKinney.

I am not having a problem with the food, when I eat at meal times I am full. But between lunch (at noon) and dinner (6ish) a protien supplement just isn't enough for me. Today I ate a small protien snack and a fiber drink. Do our bodies just eventually get used to it?

I guess I feel like this week was destined to be a difficult time. I am trying hard, made a few mistakes but I know I am taking in less calories than I was so that is good... but tomorrow is my birthday... so that is going to be a hard day.
JacAg08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:25 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 358/337.5/200

Height: 5'10"

Happy Birthday, guess im probably not the first to say it, I have been on program for about 4 weeks and i must say that first week was devastating for me! Im used to going to Wendy's and getting the Triple Cheese Burger with a Large fry and when i made my first meal and looked at it i cried. I didn't know how i was going to keep going but being 27 and weighing almost 400 lbs i stuck with it. now i dont even have the weird cravings anymore....i have found vegetables that i like and can stand to eat and have lost a good amount of weight.
silverfox1016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 02:31 PM   #9  
-Jacque

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5.5"

Thanks=) today has been ok so far =) not nearly as devistating as it could be (food cheating wise).

Well I am glad to hear that almost everyone has a little difficulty the first week. I actaully really liked the fiber drink and instead of being starving by 6, I was just starting to get hungry at 7ish which allowed me to run my errands after work and not make a poor decision and drive through somewhere which I used to do in the past. I am just taking it day by day and letting my body adjust.
JacAg08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 09:35 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 195/159/133

Height: 5'4"

Hey, Fellow Texans!!!
I go to the McKinney ctr, too. I understand that they now have "satellites" as they call them for weighing in---they're located in Frisco and in Plano (not sure where, though). I also don't know what's available as far as supplements, HNS's, etc, go.
I haven't been impressed with our staff at the ctr, though. They're very hurried and don't take time to explain stuff well. I've had to call them multiple times to ask random questions....some of the questions I didn't realize I needed to ask until after I got home (which is why I didn't ask them before leaving the place)!
I am looking forward to this journey, though. I've signed up for WW over 10 times and I really like WW but always found myself at a plateau I couldn't break and more often than not, I ate badly but justified it b/c it was within my point range. So, I figured I needed a regimented approach....and boy have I gotten what I thought I wanted!! LOL!
Anyhow, welcome, Nanmom! glad you're here. Y'all have a good night and great rest of the week!
shopgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 11:41 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 199/188.5/125

Height: 4''11

congrats nanmom!!!!! its so much easier than i thought it was going to be.... you are going to do awesome!!!!
alisanchez18 is offline   Reply With Quote