3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   MRC Take 32 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/163447-mrc-take-32-a.html)

namaste 02-10-2009 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocki (Post 2604824)
Hey Denise..Thanks for the virtual hugs! I could feel it way over/down here in Florida:). It's so amazing to think that in 2 more lbs you'll be down to 1/2 of what you were! OMG! That is just so awesome! Do you have any big plans for goal? Like did you plan any special "rewards" such as a European vacation or a brand new car or a NYC shopping trip??? Well, you should!:D

You're welcome! I'll send you a virtual hug anytime.... I know, I can't believe I'm "there". I can't believe that I'm almost 1/2 of myself. I can't believe so many things! Life is amazing.... I don't have any plans yet but I will have to find some; financially things are a little messy but you know how that is. TJ bought me a really kick arse camera and we are still paying it off so that's my big goal gift really! However, a new car, vacation, or a NYC shopping trip is even better!!! I may have to save up for that! Thanks for the ideas.

Sending more hugs.

raven59 02-10-2009 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkdtara84 (Post 2605772)
Yeah, I have been dealing with the hunger issue since I started working out. For the first 4 months of the diet, I didn't work out at all, and now I have been working out pretty hard (5 days a week, 30-45 minutes of cardio plus weights and abs with a trainer) for the last two months. I have really had to struggle with not eating more than I'm supposed to. My center says to have an extra half of a bar after you work out, and most of the time that works, but not always.

It seems counter productive to work out and then eat more because after all, aren't we all looking for the calorie burn? However, I do think that in maintenance exercise will be super-important to keeping the weight off, so I think it's good that I'm getting another habit in place so that when I'm actually in maintenance in another month or two, I won't have to battle eating "normally" again AND trying to start working out. Plus, I have built muscle, which will also help keep my metabolism up. I'm anxious to see if my tanita shows that when they do my final stats before stabilization.

Still, the hunger thing remains a bit of an issue, and at this point, it's mostly willpower and mental strength that keeps me from eating more than I should (plus, I'm not perfect, so there have definitely been more slips since I started working out than there were in the beginning.)

Wow!! You are definitely burning some calories...go girl!! I agree that we want all the calorie burn we can get; however, there is a point at which if the body isn't getting enough calories, starvation mode kicks in and metabolism slows to efficiently use the few calories it is getting, so too much activity can be counterproductive. If you're still seeing good weight loss, then you're doing just fine, and you're definitely right about the importance of activity during maintenance. Drag about the hunger pangs, staying on plan is hard enough without the addition of hunger.

raven59 02-11-2009 12:01 AM

Hooray! I get to add another sweetheart to my line. 3 days in a row and I'm feeling great.

maintainforlife 02-11-2009 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by namaste (Post 2605859)
I heard; last night I asked my Sister if they had built an ark yet?! She said it was scary dark and gloomy out. I actually love the rain and miss the rain cuz' it hardly rains here at all.

Okay...I apparently was a bit zealous with the rain...sunny and 72 on our playground today. But they say we get to "practice" bad weather again next weekend. My DH and I have decided to walk on the beach Saturday night...just to REALLY feel like we're into the REAL weather! Ha! But, I will say...we have a river in our canyon right now...that's a first in 22 years...yikes! :)

namaste 02-11-2009 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maintainforlife (Post 2606991)
Okay...I apparently was a bit zealous with the rain...sunny and 72 on our playground today. But they say we get to "practice" bad weather again next weekend. My DH and I have decided to walk on the beach Saturday night...just to REALLY feel like were into the REAL weather! Ha! But, I will say...we have a river in our canyon right now...that's a first in 22 years...yikes! :)

LOL! Great idea.....!

Oh, I totally get you with the river. Maybe you can start up a white water rafting tour? haha.

My Grandparents used to live in El Monte, and their house was next to the LA river. We would laugh because there was NEVER any water in the LA river. EVER.

texdoc2001 02-11-2009 06:33 PM

Raven--good for you for adding another heart!

WI today and down a pound a half. Two and a half in a week that wasn't perfectly on plan. I'll take it. Forward motion is forward motion.

texdoc2001 02-11-2009 06:36 PM

Raven--yeehaw for you and another perfect day.

WI today--down a pound and a half which means down two and a half in an imperfectly OP week. I'll take it. I've revised my ticker to reflect the new goal we decided on. I mean, I'm 54 years old and haven't weighed 135 since I was 13. It just didn't sound reasonable to me. But 150, I think I can do and stay at. So there.

Rocki 02-11-2009 10:36 PM

Hump Day Check In

Scale not moving much (yes, Viola, I know I need to throw it away but I'm addicted to it:)). Three days perfect OP for me and I feel really good. I haven't even been tempted. I'm drinking more water, taking all my herb/vitamins and drinking/eating at least 3 HNS per day. WOOHOO! One bad thing was I had Chili's salmon for lunch today and I think it (and the brocolli) had butter on it. I asked for grilled with no butter but it tasted too darn good to have been butter free:). I took the fat/carb blocker before I ate and I had the brocolli and mandarin oranges and several glasses of water. I hope that didn't mess me up b/c I was really trying to order something good.

I'll weigh in again Friday (maybe tomorrow depending on what the class is @ lunch time).

TTFN.

raven59 02-12-2009 01:40 AM

Congrats on the losses and thanks for support. Another day gone and another heart added, so far so good...

Rocki-you're doing great! Congrats. I'm sure the lunch didn't cause any damage. You're doing all the right things and I bet that scale budges soon in a big way.

ilovekotilab 02-12-2009 04:23 PM

Hi Everyone!

I had a NSV today. I went in for my annual "lady" check up (ugh) and my Dr. told me I am no longer in the obese category!! Yay!! I told her what I was doing with MRC and she told me that I was doing "perfect" (in her words) and that she could not suggest anything for me to do. She said she was very excited for me. Wow, I've never had this Dr. before and she was thrilled for me. I weigh in tommarrow and I kinda already know that I lost another 3lbs, because when I got weighed at the dr. office I was down another three.

I am pumped up again!! I love this community too. You guys are all great and I always enjoy logging in and seeing everyone's accomplishments.

Have a great rest of the day!

raven59 02-12-2009 04:25 PM

Melissa,
Congrats on the loss. You're almost halfway...whoo hoo!!

lv2ski2004 02-12-2009 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovekotilab (Post 2609791)
Hi Everyone!

I had a NSV today. I went in for my annual "lady" check up (ugh) and my Dr. told me I am no longer in the obese category!! Yay!! I told her what I was doing with MRC and she told me that I was doing "perfect" (in her words) and that she could not suggest anything for me to do. She said she was very excited for me. Wow, I've never had this Dr. before and she was thrilled for me. I weigh in tommarrow and I kinda already know that I lost another 3lbs, because when I got weighed at the dr. office I was down another three.

I am pumped up again!! I love this community too. You guys are all great and I always enjoy logging in and seeing everyone's accomplishments.

Have a great rest of the day!

Congragts! That is awesome!

ford4life69 02-12-2009 09:47 PM

i stayed the same at WI tonight. the seasoning i used on my chicken last night has salt in it and i think i went a little overboard with it and i added sea salt this week in things like my green beans etc so i'm thinking about dropping it again.

Thoughts?

maintainforlife 02-12-2009 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by namaste (Post 2607392)
LOL! Great idea.....!

Oh, I totally get you with the river. Maybe you can start up a white water rafting tour? haha.

My Grandparents used to live in El Monte, and their house was next to the LA river. We would laugh because there was NEVER any water in the LA river. EVER.

What a crack up...whimps are whimps! :)

maintainforlife 02-12-2009 11:43 PM

Raven
I love your hearts...you're sooooooooooo committed...hmmm...okay...I'm going back to the ticker sight to pick my "daily" OP pic...I'll be back...soon...:) xoCarrie