3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   MRC Take 32 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/163447-mrc-take-32-a.html)

BonnieMcC 02-15-2009 07:19 PM

I had my first "off-plan" cheat last night. I had a small glass of rum and diet coke. We had friends over and they were having some drinks and there was a part of me that was really missing having a drink (I have been 100% on plan since Dec 1) so I made my drink with MAYBE half a cup of rum and the rest was diet coke. While I enjoyed having something to drink that wasn't water or a HNS (because I haven't even allowed myself ANY soda this whole time either--my choice) I didn't feel that need to keep drinking or to indulge in the choc cake or banana bread that was being enjoyed by everyone else. I was proud of myself for not having the same attitude as I used to have "well I already blown it, now lets just go crazy!"

namaste 02-15-2009 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonnieMcC (Post 2613825)
I had my first "off-plan" cheat last night. I had a small glass of rum and diet coke. We had friends over and they were having some drinks and there was a part of me that was really missing having a drink (I have been 100% on plan since Dec 1) so I made my drink with MAYBE half a cup of rum and the rest was diet coke. While I enjoyed having something to drink that wasn't water or a HNS (because I haven't even allowed myself ANY soda this whole time either--my choice) I didn't feel that need to keep drinking or to indulge in the choc cake or banana bread that was being enjoyed by everyone else. I was proud of myself for not having the same attitude as I used to have "well I already blown it, now lets just go crazy!"

Good job for not doing the self sabotaging! Appreciate being able to move forward and enjoy the moment.

namaste 02-15-2009 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bfatnomore (Post 2611312)
I've been MIA for a while but thought I'd drop by & give a quick update. I "fell off the wagon" hard in December & have not been back on since. New job, stress - long story. Anyway, I went to WI last night (I had been absent since end of December). Although I had been eating like a crazy person, I was -12 lbs from my last WI, making 76 lbs so far. I think the poor counselor was in shock also. I got back on the scale again just to check.
I'm hopping back OP & have had a successful week. My off plan meals have included Subway for a few lunches this week.
The only thing I can think of as to why I didn't see a gain is that my portion sizes are smaller. Although I ate like crap, I still had a healthy breakfast & lunch on most days. So, I guess I'm making better choices because of MRC. If I had stayed OP, I'd be much closer to my goal but a loss after 7-8 weeks of being naughty is nothing short of a miracle.
I re-enrolled for another 17 weeks. My mini-goal is 24 lbs by Easter.

Anyway, I hope all is well with everyone.

Namaste: It sounds like you've had some personal struggles recently. I will keep you in my prayers. Congrats on your weight loss! You are still my inspiration. I will get the rest of my weight off of me.

Rocki: Glad to see you're back OP. I know how hard it is - I'm having the same problem trying to get back on track. Keep at it girl!

Welcome back... I'm happy to see you! And, great job with the loss, regardless.... you got there still and it sounds like you did make much better choices so congratulations. Sounds like you are being more aware of what you're doing and that's huge. Stick with it, ok! Sending a big hug.

namaste 02-15-2009 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepinOnandOn (Post 2611095)
Hi All! Haven't been able to post much this week. Too much going on and a little down about how slow my losses have been lately. My contract is up on Feb. 28 so I don't have much longer but I was hoping to be closer to my goal by then. Bummed that I might have to re-sign. I weighed in today though and was down 2.5 for the week which put me one pound from signing the 60lb board. That seems to be my average. If I keep that pace, I'll be about 14lbs. from goal by Feb. 28. I talked to our assistant manager one day and she said that since I've been really good on program that if I was pretty close to being within 10lbs of goal they wouldn't make me re-sign. I guess I can't really worry about it. I'm doing everything I can do to lose. I have considered re-signing anyway to lose a little more than I had planned so maybe it would be a good thing. Sorry, I'm rambling....

Congrats to everyone on their losses and welcome to all the newbies this week!

You are so close to the 60lb board! It is so yours next time!!! And, it does sound like you will be very close to goal by the 28th. Stay focused and try not to stress to much about it. I'm sure it will all work out just fine. Don't even think about it until the 28th and you see where you end up. No point in worrying about something that might not even be an issue by then.

Good job on the loss!

namaste 02-15-2009 07:33 PM

Went to WI on Saturday and was down another 1.5 lbs. I am 1 1/2 lbs from being able to say I'm half of what I used to be! How fun! I can't wait. I still have a couple of weeks left before the end of my program, which kind of scares me. I know that I'm "there" but I'm way more comfortable with just losing, then I am with adding foods back in and going into this next phase. It's that fear of the unknown, you know? But, I'm ready.... I guess. lol.
On Monday, we have a new class... we are making a goal board. I'll let you know how it goes, but I'm excited about it. We have to bring in magazines, and crafting/scrapbooking supplies so it will be fun to craft and put my goals out there.
Have a great night everyone!

ford4life69 02-16-2009 12:06 PM

it seems my weekends with brian are my worst OP times though this weekend was probably the closest OP i've had on the weekend. we went to dinner friday night and the waiter didn't get my food right - wanted them to leave the creamy italian dressing off my sandwhich etc and i didn't take off most of the bread like i should have but it just tasted so damn good that i didn't even bother making them correct it. i left the tortilla chips alone and got a salad to go with it and no one carries decaff tea :( but all in all i didn't get the lasagna i wanted!! :D the rest of the weekend was fine. i'm sure my salads were a little oversized and i had a little fat free ranch *abt 1/2 a package* cuz they didn't have anything else and it was just a little too dry but i don't figure *though i don't really know* that those few little things will really mess me up. i haven't been real thrilled with my numbers the last two weeks but all the birthdays and holidays are over with for a while so i should be good to go! We'll see tonight at WI.

BonnieMcC 02-16-2009 01:26 PM

wake-up call

This morning at my weigh in I had a real wake-up call. My last 2 weigh-ins I have only been down 1 pound each, today I was down .5! Before this I had been averaging 4lbs a week. I am still a long way away from my goal and I have to keep my avg at atleast 3lbs a week to make my goal. I decided to evaluate the differences of what I did in the last couple of months compared to what I have been doing the last couple of weeks.
1. I just got off of having a big loss during Meta-Quick two weeks ago--is my body trying to adjust to eating regular food again?
2. I haven't been exercising even HALF as much as I had done in Dec and Jan.
3. I am not eating near as much fish as I was in the beginning..I find turkey and buffalo burgers MUCH more filling.
4. My dinner times in the last couple of weeks have been later in the evening with no snack or HNS to break up the time.
So these are things I am going to work on this week (well, not number 1) and hopefully by the end of the week I will see more than a half pound loss.
I know this ups and downs are normal, but I also know that I have been a bit lazy and I really need to get my butt back in gear!

Also...does anyone know if I can just have sliced turkey breast from the deli? Im tired of always having to cook my protein (other than tuna and cottage cheese)

Rdy2Lose 02-16-2009 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonnieMcC (Post 2614933)
Also...does anyone know if I can just have sliced turkey breast from the deli? Im tired of always having to cook my protein (other than tuna and cottage cheese)

I understand that deli meat is pretty high in sodium but when I get some to use, i buy the low sodium variety. I don't use it very often though.

texdoc2001 02-16-2009 04:20 PM

Hi, all. ford4life69--I'm with you! Just got back from a weekend with Sam and, while not 100% OP (dinner out for VD, etc.), feel pretty good about choices I made. We'll see what happens at WI tomorrow. So, okay, guys. I've been away awhile, what is NSV??? It sounds like a biblical translation!

ford4life69 02-16-2009 09:03 PM

nsv = non scale victory

ok so i was down 3 more at WI tonight WOOHOOO.

i need to get serious and get some motivation to actually work out so i can loose faster than 2.5 a week which is what i'm averaging if i use the actual rules of mathematics rather than their monkey math. *rolling my eyes*

if i keep losing at that rate and it'll be damn june before i get this over with and i'm already having to gag down my salad at lunch so i can't do this for a whole year, i already know that.

i think my loss changed the most when i added sea salt instead of going completely sodium free so i'm using it very sparingly.

gatorgirl6 02-17-2009 05:36 AM

Hello!

I was wondering if someone would please provide some of the menus for a couple of us who dont have the money for this program. We have a little group of people asking for menus in the "mrc menus" thread at http://http://www.3fatchicks.com/for...d.php?t=160478. We arent trying to cheat the system or anything negative. We just honestly do not have the money, but so desire to lose weight. I have heard so many inspirational stories on this site of the weight you all lost by this program. I want to have that same victory. I would be forever indebted. Thank you for your generosity.

raven59 02-17-2009 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonnieMcC (Post 2614933)
This morning at my weigh in I had a real wake-up call. My last 2 weigh-ins I have only been down 1 pound each, today I was down .5! Before this I had been averaging 4lbs a week. I am still a long way away from my goal and I have to keep my avg at atleast 3lbs a week to make my goal. I decided to evaluate the differences of what I did in the last couple of months compared to what I have been doing the last couple of weeks.
1. I just got off of having a big loss during Meta-Quick two weeks ago--is my body trying to adjust to eating regular food again?
2. I haven't been exercising even HALF as much as I had done in Dec and Jan.
3. I am not eating near as much fish as I was in the beginning..I find turkey and buffalo burgers MUCH more filling.
4. My dinner times in the last couple of weeks have been later in the evening with no snack or HNS to break up the time.
So these are things I am going to work on this week (well, not number 1) and hopefully by the end of the week I will see more than a half pound loss.
I know this ups and downs are normal, but I also know that I have been a bit lazy and I really need to get my butt back in gear!

Wow, Bonnie,

No wonder you saw such great success...you are really following the plan to the letter and paying close attention to your actions, right down to mostly fish and no soda. What an inspiration. :carrot:

raven59 02-17-2009 11:27 AM

I decided to try meta quick for 4 days in response to my off plan day on Saturday and to see if it shakes things up a little. So far so good, although it's a little strange not chewing anything until dinner. 2 perfect days OP and absolutely no blts or cheats and no cravings either which is nice.

Even if the only response I see is refocus and breaking the op/off plan cycle, it will be a huge success. Hopefully I'll see the scale budge, too, but it's being very stubborn these days

texdoc2001 02-17-2009 01:00 PM

AAAAAAAAARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

If I remember correctly, the scales and one's body don't always match. My body and my home scale are telling me that I'm down about 4 more pounds. The MRC scales haven't moved in a week. SOOOOO frustrating. But I'd rather have my body changing (slipped on the wedding dress and can see the difference starting to show) than the scales. #($*!@ numbers, any way. Thanks for letting me rant.

oreoparent 02-17-2009 02:29 PM

Wow1 While I was out of town, we moved to a new thread. I did not get any notice of further replies after I left. Weird. Anyhow, staying OP and doing the Disny dining Plan is almost impossible! We did the $40 one sit-down meal, one counter service, one snack a day plan. Way too much food! Trying to get back on the wagon. Did my supplements and pills, but with my food restrictions I had a hard time staying on program. My knee surgery is scheduled for March 4. I will need to follow to a "T" if I am to lose any weight while recovering from surgery. Hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day!