Old 02-01-2009, 11:02 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/222.5/165

Height: 5'7

Talking Super Bowl snacking on the MRC program

I went through all the pages on the recipe forum last night and I got some really good ideas for the SuperBowl game tonight. It is hard to sit and watch a game and not eat, especially when my son and mom will be snacking on some really good bad foods, lol. But I do have a question, They told me at the center that I can only have one creamy a day, and if I have a meal replacemnet than I forfit the creamy that day. But will it honestly hurt to have 2 creamy's in one day, or how about a meal replacement bar and a creamy, say during the game? Won't that be better than eating something that is forbidden all together? I dunno, but I got some good ideas that I want to try. Good luck during the game to all my fellow dieters struggling!!!!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wqyTxTA/]

Last edited by junebaby; 02-01-2009 at 10:05 PM.
junebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:22 PM   #2  
Complete the process

S/C/G: 154/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebaby View Post
I went through all the pages on the recipe forum last night and I got some really good ideas for the SuperBowl game tonight. It is hard to sit and watch a game and not eat, especially when my son and mom will be snacking on some really good bad foods, lol. But I do have a question, They told me at the center that I can only have one creamy a day, and if I have a meal replacemnet than I forfit the creamy that day. But will it honestly hurt to have 2 creamy's in one day, or how about a meal replacement bar and a creamy, say during the game? Won't that be better than eating something that is forbidden all together? I dunno, but I got some good ideas that I want to try. Good luck during the game to all my fellow dieters struggling!!!!

I say do what you need to do in order to avoid the bad food! Obviously it is best to stay on plan and limit the creamy; but it is better to have an extra creamy than to cave.

I think the important thing is to decide in advance what you will do, that will make it more likely that you will follow through.

If you decide to stay completely on plan, you could pace your dinner throughout the game, crunchy veges, water or diet drink, melba for your starch, more water, tea, or diet drink, protien...maybe deli chicken or turkey rolled up and cut in to bite sizes with toothpicks, or 1 oz of really good cheese cut into bite size pieces and 2oz of turkey, if you have jello HNS have that as your dessert. If you don't go to the store and get knox unflavored gelitin and make your own jello with a favorite flavor HNS. It will add 20 calories (all protien) but will give you the jello. I used 1 package of gelatin sprinkled in 1 cup cold water, added the HNS then added 1/2 cup hot water (I like my jello texture softer, not rubbery) If you chilled it in a square pan, you could cut up some squares or fun shapes.....you'd be surprised how long you can make all that last, especially if you eat very slowly and pace yourself in between bites.

You could also "treat" yourself by getting your favorite "on plan" items that you love that are on plan and special diet drinks that might be a little spendy but make you feel special...like perrier and a wedge of lemon or lime.

If you decide that you really do want/need an extra creamy to get you through, then take it! You might see a tick up in the scale tomorrow with the extra creamy, (water retention), but it will come right off; and for some people, there won't be any change at all.
Hope this helps and good luck, I know you can do it!!
raven59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 05:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 216/184/137

Height: 5'1"

I have 2 creamies a day a couple of times a week and have not yet suffered any ill scale effects from it. I just would rather do that than eat a chocolate bar, so I do and life goes on! However, my favorite recent discovery is eating the HNS gels straight! I usually average 100 oz of water a day, and don't just love love love the clears. So my center told me to try one of the gels ones straight from the packet and it is literally JUST like eating a liquid Jolly Rancher. Soooo yummy, and it lasts a long time, too. I throw one in the freezer for 15 mins and then enjoy cold.
sessa555 is offline   Reply With Quote