Old 12-25-2008, 05:31 PM   #1  
hungrynursingstudent

S/C/G: 162/158/126

Height: 5'1

Default New member--not even to blue menu yet, &wonder if I should RE-start preconditioning??

Hi everyone! I've been reading your posts for a long time, and finally joined the site...I love it already!

Here is my problem. I joined MRC before starting my 5-week Christmas break from school. I took longer to get started than had planned, but excitedly began preconditioning about a week ago. My center only does a three day preconditioning period. I'm not sure I did it right...for example, the third and last day of preconditioning, I ate a salad at California Pizza Kitchen, had lemonade, etc. I know preconditioning is a time to cut back, so I didn't completely blow it, but I felt bad anyway. The next day I started the first menu (days 1-4). I did well for breakfast and lunch, but went to a friends house for dinner. She had made lentil soup knowing it was my favorite, so I ate a little out of guilt mostly, since she made it for me. I decided not to just continue that menu the next day instead of going back to the first day of preconditioning, but I am now on the fourth day of the menu and have had little cheats everyday. I had a sip of (diet, although caffeinated) Dr. Pepper one day. Another day I ate an egg, but used a little Mayo with it. A small amount, but still. Then yesterday I really blew it with 3 pieces of See's chocolates that some relatives sent me. I feel like such a failure, and wonder if I should just RE-START at the very beginning with preconditioning and do everything to the letter, or if I should continue to stick with the exact menu instead. Also, I may have eaten too much or too little of various things since I do not have a food scale (which I will purchase soon!). Please help me...should I completely start fresh and go through preconditioning as well as the three menus again, or should I continue to take the pills, and do what I'm doing and move to the Day5-10 menu? Or maybe stay on the Day 1-4 menu for a longer time? I feel so bad, and do not want to ruin it all in the very beginning. Thanks in advance for the advice, and I apologize for the rather confusing post. I promise in the future to be more coherent. OH! Also, I wondered if anyone is taking the allday weight loss pills (four bottles) and having success? That is what they've got me on....

Wonderingly,
Tammy

P.S. Merry Christmas to my new friends!

Last edited by tammy1217; 12-25-2008 at 05:34 PM. Reason: forgot something!
tammy1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 11:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 238.5/155.5/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammy1217 View Post
Here is my problem. Please help me...should I completely start fresh and go through preconditioning as well as the three menus again, or should I continue to take the pills, and do what I'm doing and move to the Day5-10 menu? Or maybe stay on the Day 1-4 menu for a longer time? Also, I wondered if anyone is taking the allday weight loss pills (four bottles) and having success? That is what they've got me on....

Wonderingly,
Tammy
Hi Tammy, welcome to the board and to MRC! We're a little slow at the responses with the holidays.

I didn't start on that menu so I'm not real sure what to tell you about where to continue. I would call your center or talk to them at your WI. They are there to help you and have probably had this question before. I know at my center they are usually eager to answer any questions I might have and help me with any struggles I'm having too. I have to say I'm amazed at your courage in joining during the holiday season!!
KeepinOnandOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:28 PM   #3  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammy1217 View Post
Hi everyone! I've been reading your posts for a long time, and finally joined the site...I love it already!

Here is my problem. I joined MRC before starting my 5-week Christmas break from school. I took longer to get started than had planned, but excitedly began preconditioning about a week ago. My center only does a three day preconditioning period. I'm not sure I did it right...for example, the third and last day of preconditioning, I ate a salad at California Pizza Kitchen, had lemonade, etc. I know preconditioning is a time to cut back, so I didn't completely blow it, but I felt bad anyway. The next day I started the first menu (days 1-4). I did well for breakfast and lunch, but went to a friends house for dinner. She had made lentil soup knowing it was my favorite, so I ate a little out of guilt mostly, since she made it for me. I decided not to just continue that menu the next day instead of going back to the first day of preconditioning, but I am now on the fourth day of the menu and have had little cheats everyday. I had a sip of (diet, although caffeinated) Dr. Pepper one day. Another day I ate an egg, but used a little Mayo with it. A small amount, but still. Then yesterday I really blew it with 3 pieces of See's chocolates that some relatives sent me. I feel like such a failure, and wonder if I should just RE-START at the very beginning with preconditioning and do everything to the letter, or if I should continue to stick with the exact menu instead. Also, I may have eaten too much or too little of various things since I do not have a food scale (which I will purchase soon!). Please help me...should I completely start fresh and go through preconditioning as well as the three menus again, or should I continue to take the pills, and do what I'm doing and move to the Day5-10 menu? Or maybe stay on the Day 1-4 menu for a longer time? I feel so bad, and do not want to ruin it all in the very beginning. Thanks in advance for the advice, and I apologize for the rather confusing post. I promise in the future to be more coherent. OH! Also, I wondered if anyone is taking the allday weight loss pills (four bottles) and having success? That is what they've got me on....

Wonderingly,
Tammy

P.S. Merry Christmas to my new friends!
I agree with keepinon - call your center and ask, or go in for a weigh-in - you might be surprised when you get on the scale. That's what you're paying them for. And don't beat yourself up - the holidays are a difficult time to get through even for us veterans - just do the best you can!
(Don't know about the allday - never used them.)
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 01:24 AM   #4  
hungrynursingstudent

S/C/G: 162/158/126

Height: 5'1

Thanks, KeepinOn! Thanks, Meemo! I called my center and the nice lady just told me to keep on the day 1-4 for 2 more days, then go on to blue (tomorrow!)~ I'm so excited! I can already notice a difference on the scale...slight, but there is one! Thanks for the encouragement. I know this probably is on a different thread, but I don't know how to search yet...what are the pain pills that y'all are finding most helpful in your weight loss? I'm doing the all-day and MRC-6 I think as the big ones. But I've heard a lot of good things about the hoodia, too...

Hope you both had a blessed holiday, and thanks again!
tammy1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 01:19 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/171/146

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Tammy!
Did you lose weight on pre conditioning? I just started my plan also. I am on the all day weight loss, Flax oil and mrc6. I am doing my conditioning now and go to my 1st food class on Friday to find out what the 4 day food plan is all about... I weighed in yesterday and I had already lost weight and I was shocked!! So I was wondering if you lost on pre conditioning too??
Laura
LauraM is offline   Reply With Quote