Old 12-07-2008, 10:19 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 266/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default MRC "guarantee" questions

While reading through a lot of threads, I notice that most people (even our biggest losers) go off plan even a little. Do you journal on your worksheet your cheat? When I asked my MRC gal about the guarantee she said that you had to stick the plan 100% for them to honor guarantee. I said "so if I have a piece of cake, you will know because my ketones will be low (or none), she said that wouldn't void my contract, but eating the cake would void my contract. If you don't journal something so small as a single piece of cake when the rest of your week was on plan, how would they know? What do you do? Don't get me wrong...I don't PLAN to cheat, in fact I am feeling very confident right now (probably because I am just starting), but I have to stick to plan 100% thru Aug 5th! I am sure there will be something I will slip up on between now and then! I really don't want to have my guarantee voided though now and then.
Thanks!
BonnieMcC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 10:08 PM   #2  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieMcC View Post
While reading through a lot of threads, I notice that most people (even our biggest losers) go off plan even a little. Do you journal on your worksheet your cheat? When I asked my MRC gal about the guarantee she said that you had to stick the plan 100% for them to honor guarantee. I said "so if I have a piece of cake, you will know because my ketones will be low (or none), she said that wouldn't void my contract, but eating the cake would void my contract. If you don't journal something so small as a single piece of cake when the rest of your week was on plan, how would they know? What do you do? Don't get me wrong...I don't PLAN to cheat, in fact I am feeling very confident right now (probably because I am just starting), but I have to stick to plan 100% thru Aug 5th! I am sure there will be something I will slip up on between now and then! I really don't want to have my guarantee voided though now and then.
Thanks!
There are a lot of things besides your food journal that can void that guarantee. They tell us to exercise. They tell us to come in twice a week. The water every day. The vitamins & supplements. It's darned near impossible to never do anything that would void the contract.

I don't always put my transgressions in my food journal, but I also was never one to get in twice a week for weigh-ins either. To be honest I would never try to invoke the guarantee because I know that if I don't lose the weight it isn't the plan, it's because I didn't follow the plan. I had 17 weeks to lose 20 lbs this time around, and when I signed up I thought it was a piece of cake (if you'll excuse the expression) - but life has gotten in the way over & over & I was very thankful to get 3 extra weeks because I lost weight over Thanksgiving. Has nothing to do with MRC, it's me. Now there are some people that might find they can't eat all that protein, or are allergic to HNS, or something, that might be able to get out of the contract. But barring that, I truly would never plan on getting my money back if I didn't lose the weight.
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 06:54 AM   #3  

Meemo-
All of that makes perfect since---especially since I have NINE months to stick to plan. I wasn't looking to get my money back. My guarantee said if I didn't lose the weight by then, they would keep working with me for free until I did lose the weight (HSN & other supplements NOT included of course.) During that free time I would also have to stick to plan 100%. You made a lot of good points. The weighing in 2 times a week could be a problem if I am out of town. The good thing is that I have no big vacations planned until August and September. I guess as a newbie to MRC, I WANT to stick to plan 100% because if a 100lb loss is possible by August---I want to do it!!
Thanks for all your advice
Old 12-08-2008, 09:58 AM   #4  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

After the first few months, I started going in once a week instead of twice. That would have voided my guarantee. I did tell them when I ate off plan on vacations or if I had a slip up while home. Like Meemo said, it's virtually impossible to be 100% all of the time.
Finz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 10:31 AM   #5  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieMcC View Post
Meemo-
All of that makes perfect since---especially since I have NINE months to stick to plan. I wasn't looking to get my money back. My guarantee said if I didn't lose the weight by then, they would keep working with me for free until I did lose the weight (HSN & other supplements NOT included of course.) During that free time I would also have to stick to plan 100%. You made a lot of good points. The weighing in 2 times a week could be a problem if I am out of town. The good thing is that I have no big vacations planned until August and September. I guess as a newbie to MRC, I WANT to stick to plan 100% because if a 100lb loss is possible by August---I want to do it!!
Thanks for all your advice
I know what you're saying - I think they'll make a client who's just totally non-compliant and nowhere close to goal when the contract's up re-sign, but if you've generally been on-plan and are close to goal, they'll work with you. They know that the client who's 100% compliant is very, very rare (or just lying to them!) - it's a matter of minimizing those times when you're off plan.
Sounds like you're starting off with the right attitude - and the good thing is that when you do lose the weight they'll give you the plan to keep it off.
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 10:49 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 178/178/120

Height: 5"2

Hey bonnie, I just started MRC 12/5 ... I haven't gotten to go to food instruction just yet but right now I'm in the total mine set to kick the pounds and take names later. I don't want to stray from their formulas. I paid a pretty penny for their help and since I feel I have to be 100 accountable .. its on.
MelissaElizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 09:58 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 225/222.5/165

Height: 5'7

I have stuck w/ my eating plan 100% for the first 6 weeks and I only lost an average of 1 pound per week. Don't get me wrong that is still great, but it wasn't the 2-5 pounds that was guarenteed. I cheat, I am human (and weak, lol). Sometimes I tell, sometimes I don't. It just depends. No one stays on a 'diet/eating plan' 100% all the time. Just don't lose faith and just remember, there are many peeps out there going thro the same thing as u, cause I am one of them!!!!

junebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 05:23 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebaby View Post
I have stuck w/ my eating plan 100% for the first 6 weeks and I only lost an average of 1 pound per week. Don't get me wrong that is still great, but it wasn't the 2-5 pounds that was guarenteed. I cheat, I am human (and weak, lol). Sometimes I tell, sometimes I don't. It just depends. No one stays on a 'diet/eating plan' 100% all the time. Just don't lose faith and just remember, there are many peeps out there going thro the same thing as u, cause I am one of them!!!!

Thanks for the vote of confidence So far I have followed plan 100%, not a single treat or cheat and I am losing on avg 4lbs a week, but that number is slowing down. I have been on plan for over 9 weeks, but I have to admit, temptation is growing stronger. I have stayed home from going out to dinner with family and friends because I didn't want the temptation. The only night I went out to dinner was New Years Eve and I did my best to carefully pick everything on plan. Today I was ate a childrens hospital with my son and there were two places to eat...one was a hospital type food on a tray (not yucky food) and the other was McD's. He picked McD's. I was so frustrated inside over the dilema of eating a chicken salad that I can't weigh myself or waiting until 2:30 pm to eat my own lunch at my own house. I decided to eat the salad there. The whole time I kept thinking "is this 8 oz of veggies and 6 oz of meat?" and there was no fruit! I did take my HSN and pills.