Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 05:08 PM   #31  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytobethinagain View Post
It's me!! It's me!! I think I'm the only 'boro person!! I LOVE THE MANAGER THERE!! Love her so much more than everyone else there. She is always so encouraging and she told me the same thing about the hns about two weeks ago and it seems to be working! I signed the 40 # board today!!! And she's so excited about it! I was a 1/2 pound away and she started looking for clothes that I could remove and then I realized that I had gym shorts in the car, she got so excited and said "GO GET THEM!!!" And it brought me to the whole pound needed for the board! And I think her name is Tarie. I think...I see her name tag and since it's spelled differently, I have a hard time with it...But she is super. I wish I could have her every time I go in. There is one girl there that is not as supportive and encouraging.

Angie, wanted to tell you what Tarie would have said about your little fall last night. She told me when I had five bites of pie, that what that tells her is that (since I didn't eat the WHOLE pie) I'm committed to making a life change. And that I've already made that change. I can have one bite and that be it. You had one drink, one slice of appetizer, what would you have done before MRC? Several drinks? A whole appetizer? I would have! So you are making HUGE changes! Give yourself props for not going all out!!!
Yeah for you!!! The 40 board, thats awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angierue View Post
Just have a few minutes because I need to head back to the office (been gone almost 2 hours... good thing I'm sales and at budget already).

I decided to stop by the center today because I just knew I had lost that 1/2 a lb I was up Tuesday (according to my home scale, I had). So I hopped on that stinking and scale and sure enough, old 1/2 a lb and another 1 1/2 of his buddies were gone for a total 2 lb loss since Tuesday. Woohoo! So that puts me at 308 according to their scales (306 at home) and down 33 lbs. Only 7 more to the 40 lb board and only 9 more to break that first mini goal (gotta update my ticker). WOOHOO!

Plus they had some chocolate meal replacement shakes (been out for 2 weeks) and I picked up a couple of those. Even had one for lunch with a couple of frozen strawberries thrown in (I asked her if I could do that and she said yes). It was YUM!

Ok, off here and back to work! Congrats on the losses I've seen and good luck to those still waiting to weigh in today/tomorrow!
2 lbs woo hoo, you are rigth around the corner to your mini goal (although its not a "mini" accomplishment!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crested1 View Post
Well...after a horrible weekend OP and a not so great WI on Monday (up .5)...I WI today for a loss of 3 lbs....that's the most in 1 week that I've had for a while....I was sooooooooooo thrilled.

Congrats to all the losers....welcome newcomers and those returning to us.

Hope everyone has a good day!
3 lbs wow, I love 3 lb WI's!! Good for you!

Last edited by 3monkeysmomma; 05-01-2008 at 05:08 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 06:04 PM   #32  
Ms. Jennifer

S/C/G: 196/SEE TICKER/150

Height: 5'4"

YAY!!!! Way to go on the 40 pound board!!!

Your counselor would be my dream come true. There's no way the ones at my center would take the time to let me change into lighter clothing. In a way its kind of irritating. I'm glad you find someone that seems to be genuinely interested in you as a person and your goals.

Quote:
It's me!! It's me!! I think I'm the only 'boro person!! I LOVE THE MANAGER THERE!! Love her so much more than everyone else there. She is always so encouraging and she told me the same thing about the hns about two weeks ago and it seems to be working! I signed the 40 # board today!!! And she's so excited about it! I was a 1/2 pound away and she started looking for clothes that I could remove and then I realized that I had gym shorts in the car, she got so excited and said "GO GET THEM!!!" And it brought me to the whole pound needed for the board! And I think her name is Tarie. I think...I see her name tag and since it's spelled differently, I have a hard time with it...But she is super. I wish I could have her every time I go in. There is one girl there that is not as supportive and encouraging.

Angie, wanted to tell you what Tarie would have said about your little fall last night. She told me when I had five bites of pie, that what that tells her is that (since I didn't eat the WHOLE pie) I'm committed to making a life change. And that I've already made that change. I can have one bite and that be it. You had one drink, one slice of appetizer, what would you have done before MRC? Several drinks? A whole appetizer? I would have! So you are making HUGE changes! Give yourself props for not going all out!!!
Old 05-01-2008, 06:11 PM   #33  
Ms. Jennifer

I SOOOOOO know what you mean. I don't want to hear that mess about fat burning mode. Dang, it can get very annoying. Sometimes you just need for someone like Ready's counselor who seems to care about you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommato3 View Post
Thank you so much for telling us this. I really needed to hear it. When I mention that I feel guilty about a bite of this or a taste of that, my counselors immediately tell me "Well, you've knocked yourself out of fat burning for three days." Of course, then I feel horribly guilty and that starts the cycle over again. It makes it feel impossible to me. I like what yours said, because it is so true. Before MRC, I would have eaten a whole slice of carrot cake, a brownie and a piece of pie. Now, I just eat one bite of the carrot cake (or whatever). Thank you for reminding me that I AM making changes and that is what counts!
Old 05-01-2008, 06:14 PM   #34  
Ms. Jennifer

Can someone help me with the meringue cookies. I messed them up bad! They were a runny, foamy mess. What am I doing wrong? I used the egg beaters egg whites and followed the recipe, though they were never like stiff peaks.
Old 05-01-2008, 06:14 PM   #35  
Ms. Jennifer

Congrats to Angie and Crested1 on those Super Losses!
Old 05-01-2008, 06:22 PM   #36  
Future head-turner

S/C/G: 271/see ticker/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
First, a hug....

Do you remember the analogy about the exit ramp? If you were driving down the highway, and you missed your exit.... would you keep right on driving, cussing yourself out about missing the exit, blaming yourself about what a bad person you were because you missed that exit, only to continue to drive on and on?? OR.... do you get off at the next exit, make the correction, and move on?

It's time to just move on. It's not worth it to beat yourself up over it. Every choice you make, path you take, etc... molds you into the wonderful person you are. Learn from it, and it will be worth it in the long run.

Do you remember where you were the last time you were at your weight? Do you remember how you felt at that time? Where you depressed or struggling? Could there be something that is holding you back, or blocking you? I remember that I got stuck for a moment and had to think back to the time I was at my weight (when my block happened) and I remembered that it was the last time I lost what I thought was a lot of weight. I realized that I was scared that I might not be able to pass that amount. I wrote it down, and really let it process. And when I mean wrote it down.... I did... the good the bad the ugly.... anything that would come to mind, went on that paper. Then I let it go.

Does this make sense?

You're going to be fine..... just hold tight

Thank you for taking the time to write something so amazing! It was truly encouraging. You have a great idea and I will definitely use it!

Quote:
I would just like to send you a big !! That was very deep and profound.

And MSteacher, I'm so sorry things suck so bad right now. But I think Denise has a wonderful idea. And I'm sending you a GIANT , b/c sometimes we all just need to be hugged and reminded that we are amazing creatures and we have the ability to do anything!
Thanks for the hug! Sometimes we all need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Gigi View Post
Thanks all for the support, you all are just fabulous! You keep me inspired to keep on pushing right through this!

[MSTeacher, Mommato3, Bomaze, Terri, WorkingM, Mirihawk:[COLOR="indigo"] 1st: Mirihawk (before I forget, the mind is a terrible thing to waste) LOL, I hope the new job is all that you wished for!

Ladies- I have to agree with Angie (get right back up and dust yourself off)! Go for the gusto ladies YOU ARE WORTH IT! You can do this! Write down a list of the pros and cons of loosing and not loosing your extra baggage! When you hit a rough patch in the road, look at your lists and decide which road to travel. Weigh your choices! What path must you follow to reach your goals of a happier, healthier life? None of us are perfect and will slip off once in a while! Sometimes we need to travel the hard road before reaching the greener pastures and or field of daisies!

]
Thanks for the encouragement - it means so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angierue View Post
On those great results. on that thyroid level. The endocrinologist will hopefully be able to get your TSH leveled out. Just stinks that you have to wait so long to get in.

My suggestion... Go weigh in. Face the music. And chat with a counselor face-to-face. If you have a favorite, call to make sure she's there and ask specifically for her then have a little one-on-one time. The ugly self-sabotage beast rears its head with many of us so you aren't alone. Keep coming here (because I know the urge to just completely ignore this site can be strong when we know we're not sticking to plan).

Oh, and
Thanks - this is great advice! I think I will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomaze View Post
MSTeacher: I TOTALLY know how you feel. I've struggled as I hit the onederland mark, as I hit the half way mark and still do. I've had to totally refocus and hunker down like I did in the very beginning. I came to discover, with the help of a favorite consultant, that I have to reassess my goals because they are different than they were when I started. I also am finding it distracting to have so many complements and have to work through why it is stalling me out. Ultimately, I have to admit daily that what I think I can get away with really isn't going to work for my end goal - I do still have to do it their way. I hate it when I can't do it my way but that's how I ended up with 75 pounds to lose. Grrr. Hang in there though and make this the time to run into the center and not from it!
I do think it was hitting ONEderland - all of the compliments, and just plain being tired of the diet. But tomorrow is a NEW DAY and I am going to pick myself up, dust myself off, and do it right!
Old 05-01-2008, 06:47 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by exsquisit View Post
Can someone help me with the meringue cookies. I messed them up bad! They were a runny, foamy mess. What am I doing wrong? I used the egg beaters egg whites and followed the recipe, though they were never like stiff peaks.
Make sure that you don't use a plastic bowl (that's what my grandma said anyway) because it will act like a grease and make it harder. Then make sure that you use enough cream of tarter so that it will aide. Getting to stiff peaks takes some time. I would say about 15 min of running the beaters at a fairly high speed. You really have to get them good.

Afterwards you can fold (gently) in some vanilla extract and so forth for flavor. Try a little Hot cocoa HNS!
Old 05-01-2008, 06:58 PM   #38  
Ms. Jennifer

Thanks Jewelie! I definitely didn't beat it for 15 mins. I also only added 1/8 teaspoon of the cream of tartar per the recipe book. Was that too little? I'll try it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweliek View Post
Make sure that you don't use a plastic bowl (that's what my grandma said anyway) because it will act like a grease and make it harder. Then make sure that you use enough cream of tarter so that it will aide. Getting to stiff peaks takes some time. I would say about 15 min of running the beaters at a fairly high speed. You really have to get them good.

Afterwards you can fold (gently) in some vanilla extract and so forth for flavor. Try a little Hot cocoa HNS!
Old 05-01-2008, 07:00 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by exsquisit View Post
Thanks Jewelie! I definitely didn't beat it for 15 mins. I also only added 1/8 teaspoon of the cream of tartar per the recipe book. Was that too little? I'll try it again.

Your cream of tartar should be good. Just make sure to measure it and don't try to eyeball it. That's what I meant. I am a eyeball cook. See, I just pinch of this....about 1 sec of that.....sort of cook here.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:01 PM   #40  
Ms. Jennifer

Oh I forgot to ask. Can these be used like in between meal snacks? I noticed it said replaces protein in the cookbook.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:02 PM   #41  
Ms. Jennifer

Gotcha! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweliek View Post
Your cream of tartar should be good. Just make sure to measure it and don't try to eyeball it. That's what I meant. I am a eyeball cook. See, I just pinch of this....about 1 sec of that.....sort of cook here.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:04 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 195/145/128

Height: 5/3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommato3 View Post
There must be something about being "half-way" there. I am really struggling to stay op. I want to and I want to lose the rest of my weight, but I just keep messing up. And it is a downward spiral, just like you said. I can't seem to get out of it, and it shows when I weigh in. I eat off plan, then I feel guilty, and think well, it doesn't matter, I've already blown it for the day. Then the guilt sets in again. I am very tired of this horrible cycle.

MSTeacher~not to make excuses, but it doesn't help that we are almost to the end of school. It is the almost that kills you! 5th grade in the spring is not a pretty place to be. I know that middle school students are not any better. They are DONE, and don't understand why they are still in school!
I second the end of school thing!!!! UGH!!! I had a period when I was halfway also there when I just did awful. I don't know what it was, but I almost started the program over where I took a new before picture, bought ketone strips, and wrote out 3 days at a time of food. I went into the center 3-4 days a week. I would go food shopping and avoided places I know I would be tempted for a while. I then checked ketosis every morning which was motivating. I eventually got so use to it I am fine now. In my time off I would do great for breakfast and lunch, but then not care by dinner. I needed someone to tell me it was hard and it was ok to be frustrated. I needed someone to tell me you are doing this and just get it over with. It helped me.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:06 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 195/145/128

Height: 5/3

cargirl, I am sorry about your mom, you are in my thoughts.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:11 PM   #44  
Christie

S/C/G: 197/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz View Post
I think you can have 5 if you are on the plus menu (over 200lbs) and it goes down to 4 once you get under 200.
Ahhhh!!!
Old 05-01-2008, 08:23 PM   #45  
Christie

S/C/G: 197/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

I know that we discussed this before, but since I wasn't taking it, I didn't retain it. I was talking to my counselor today about the dress....you know, the DRESS....THE dress that is monopolizing my life right now....and she recommended that I take the cortislim. She said that it targets the abd fat and such. Does anyone know about this? And would the sea thin work the same way? I bought a ten day bottle b/c i can't afford to drop $75 for a month!! But stupid me, I spent $30 on ten days...input?? Anyone??? I think I will measure my waist tonight and then check it next week....hmmmm.......
Closed Thread