3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   Metabolic Research Center - Take 14! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/139002-metabolic-research-center-take-14-a.html)

3monkeysmomma 04-06-2008 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShineOn (Post 2135842)
Hi everyone :wave: It's been a super busy week at work. I finally got a chance to jump on line - goodness gracious, I was back on thread 12!!! I know I won't have time to catch up for awhile, but I just wanted to let you know I got to sign the 70 lb board on Friday!! :broc::dancer::broc::dancer: I had a 5 lb loss week, so I'm back in the fat burnin' mode :flame: Christopher Banks was having a great sale today so I popped in. My spring type clothes I bought for the cruise in Feb are literally falling off of me. I'm now in a size 12 and a medium in shirts (I started in a size 22W and a 2xl in shirts!!). It felt wonderful - especially to shop on "the other side" instead of the CJ plus side. I ran into 2 other MRC's who there too. There are a lot of us out there! Hope everyone is doing well. I'll try to catch up on the posts!

Hey, glad to see you. i was wondering about you. Seems like its been a very long time since you posted. Thats so awesome 5 lbs in a week and the 70 lb board..:carrot::carrot::carrot: a size 12, girl you are going all the way, yay for you!!;)

MSTeacher 04-06-2008 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goal4Life (Post 2135773)
MSTeacher...your pics are great, yes I can see the minus 40 pounds! You look so much younger, and I love your little dress in the pic! Way to go!! Keep up your great work! :cb:

Thanks :) Can you tell I chickened out and deleted the post? :)

graduatethin 04-06-2008 08:53 AM

Quote:

Hi everyone :wave: It's been a super busy week at work. I finally got a chance to jump on line - goodness gracious, I was back on thread 12!!! I know I won't have time to catch up for awhile, but I just wanted to let you know I got to sign the 70 lb board on Friday!! :broc::dancer::broc::dancer: I had a 5 lb loss week, so I'm back in the fat burnin' mode :flame: Christopher Banks was having a great sale today so I popped in. My spring type clothes I bought for the cruise in Feb are literally falling off of me. I'm now in a size 12 and a medium in shirts (I started in a size 22W and a 2xl in shirts!!). It felt wonderful - especially to shop on "the other side" instead of the CJ plus side. I ran into 2 other MRC's who there too. There are a lot of us out there! Hope everyone is doing well. I'll try to catch up on the posts!

Congrats on signing that 70 Pound Board!! Whoo hoo!

I am glad to hear from you!! I was wondering how things were going! I think there has even been a shout out for you in the last thread. I am sure you have been really busy! But you are a fat burnin' machine! You will be joining me in maintenance soon! Good for you!:carrot::carrot:

losingweightnow 04-06-2008 10:37 AM

Quote:

Congrats of the 70 pound board!!! Doesn't it feel great????? I hope you are so proud of yourself - I know we are!!! :congrat::cheer:

Finz 04-06-2008 10:50 AM

Quote:

Hi everyone :wave: It's been a super busy week at work. I finally got a chance to jump on line - goodness gracious, I was back on thread 12!!! I know I won't have time to catch up for awhile, but I just wanted to let you know I got to sign the 70 lb board on Friday!! :broc::dancer::broc::dancer:

CONGRATS!!! That is fantastic :D:D:D

Finz 04-06-2008 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by namaste (Post 2135938)
I'm surprised that they haven't mentioned them to you. They should have a calendar with all of the classes listed, and a sign up sheet. I personally go to most of the classes because I think they really help. The center I go to has cooking classes, a class called "finding the connection" taught by a therapist, a class called "behavior modification" that is I believe a series of 12. There are classes on coping with stress, exercise classes, etc.

I would definitely look into the classes, if I were you. They have made a huge impact on me and my weightloss.

This may be a case of not every center offering them. I joined mine in mid-January and the only classes my center has offered so far are a cooking class and an eating out class (where you go with one of the counselors to a restaurant for dinner). The do those 2X a month each.

The people that work at my center are really nice, very supportive but they don't really do any of the fun things that I see (from you all) other centers doing.

bomaze 04-06-2008 10:57 AM

SHINEON: YAY for you! You must feel fanstastic! :carrot:

ANGIERUE: About your comment on getting to the point where your diet usually fails...I do know just how you feel. I have lost weight quite a few times BUT! never at one time as I have on MRC. I get fearful sometimes whether or not I can go all the way and finish the job. I decided to turn it around and make it less about me and more about the example I set for my girls. I have slowed down the last few weeks while I got it together again but when I thought about my girls and whether or not I want to remain at 191 pounds, the answer was to buck up and get some passion to move on! Take the classes at MRC and use, use, use the consultants when you are struggling - they really will try to help you out of the doldrums.

Still at sister's house and leaving after lunch today. It's been remarkably easier than I expected it to be - maybe I'm learning something after all! ;)

BikiniByJune 04-06-2008 11:22 AM

Quote:

Way to go on the 70 lb board! Wow, that's incredible! Thanks for sharing the news about Christopher Banks, I'm going to go to ours to see if we're having a big sale. Isn't it great when the scale moves down and your clothes are too big. It is so gratifying! Keep your spirits up and the number on the scale down! Hip, hip, horray for you!!!!

mirihawk 04-06-2008 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angierue (Post 2135512)
I'm actually at a place in my weight loss where I usually start to fail. I'll lose 10-20 lbs and then start taking more and more "little cheats" and before I know it, it's been a week since I was on plan. Then two weeks. Then three...

I SO hear you! I think this is common for a lot of us. I have a copy of the 100 Days of Weight Loss and I think I'm going to read it... and use it... I really WANT to do this.

We can do this!
-miriam

ieduc8em 04-06-2008 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bomaze (Post 2136236)
ANGIERUE: About your comment on getting to the point where your diet usually fails...I do know just how you feel. I have lost weight quite a few times BUT! never at one time as I have on MRC. I get fearful sometimes whether or not I can go all the way and finish the job. I decided to turn it around and make it less about me and more about the example I set for my girls. I have slowed down the last few weeks while I got it together again but when I thought about my girls and whether or not I want to remain at 191 pounds, the answer was to buck up and get some passion to move on! Take the classes at MRC and use, use, use the consultants when you are struggling - they really will try to help you out of the doldrums.

What great advice for all of us! Thanks!

jeweliek 04-06-2008 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by singalong (Post 2135955)
I go to the miramount north. How about you?

I have a membership at Anytime Fitness and Gold's in Loveland.

Today I am going for a run/walk because it is gorgeous outside. Would you like to join me? I think I will go on Spring Creek Trail at about 1 pm.

jeweliek 04-06-2008 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mirihawk (Post 2136330)
I SO hear you! I think this is common for a lot of us. I have a copy of the 100 Days of Weight Loss and I think I'm going to read it... and use it... I really WANT to do this.

We can do this!
-miriam

I really like this book.....if you go to the website, there is a journal that you can print. It is 117 pages, but if you take the PDF to Kinko's they will print and spiral bind it for about $10. I did it and it makes it easy to write. I didn't do front and back printing so that I had the back side of the page to write. I use it as a write positive things to keep me going!

jeweliek 04-06-2008 12:34 PM

Shine on - You are a Dyna-m0 !!!!! Amazing! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

MSTeacher 04-06-2008 12:36 PM

So..I just need to vent. My brand new car (ok well, new at least - 3 months old and a 2008) has a HUGE scratch on the passenger side. It goes in an arc and is at least 10 inches long. It's not TOO deep (though you can feel it) and it's too thin to be keyed (I think) but I have NO idea where it came from and it makes me SOOO MAD. I could just, eat lots of McDonalds. I feel like everything I have gets ruined. GRRRR

blueyedangel 04-06-2008 01:00 PM

Just wanted to let everyone know that I found the 100 Days of Weightloss Book for $5!!! Check out http://www.weightlossjoy.com/books/ I've been wanting it since I've heard you all talking so much about it! $5 shipping Or both books in the Weight Loss Joy Package...Both books for $24.95 free shipping.

UPDATE!
At Amazon, I searced for the books and found them BOTH for 11.50. AND Signed by the author!!! weightlossjoy is the seller & the deal is only good if you buy both books from them thru Amazon Marketplace. AWESOME I ordered mine!