3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   Metabolic Research Center - Take 14! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/139002-metabolic-research-center-take-14-a.html)

mireland 04-04-2008 11:04 PM

also can anyone tell me how to get my pic beside my posts... I am pretty computer literate and have tried for days now.

redgirl 04-04-2008 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma (Post 2134674)
*Nickie walks on the board doing the funky chicken dance* :chicken::dancer:

WI today, and lost 3.5 lbs!! and with TOM. They measured me and I lost 13 inches. That makes 14lbs in a month!! Oh I'm excited. We went straight from there to Kohl's where I bought the cutest pair of ginormous silver earrings and a gorgeous silver and turquoise bracelet (they were on sale) to reward myself. ;) Think I will do that every 10 pounds from now on. I set a $10.00 limit. 10 for 10 sounds fair to me. :D :carrot::cb::broc:

Oh yeah Rocki your kids are gorgeous!

Fantastic!:carrot::carrot::carrot: I like your idea of $10 for 10 lbs! I think I may have to do that.
Crystal So glad your scale moved! :carrot::carrot::carrot: Keep the faith!

Gma to 4 04-04-2008 11:11 PM

Can anyone give me a heads up about the classes? They haven't mentioned them to me in the three weeks I've been going but I keep reading about them here. Are they a requirement to stay OP? If so, how many a month?

Thanks.

MSTeacher 04-04-2008 11:15 PM

Hey all. I WI tonight and was down 2. I was happy about that, since I normally weigh in on Saturday AM. SO close to Onederland...but not quite!

mirihawk 04-04-2008 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gma to 4 (Post 2134851)
Can anyone give me a heads up about the classes? They haven't mentioned them to me in the three weeks I've been going but I keep reading about them here. Are they a requirement to stay OP? If so, how many a month?

Thanks.

My contract says, I think, that I have to take 6 classes during the weight loss phase. Which is 24 weeks I think, anyway I have already done 2 of them.

Ask your counselor, don't wait for them to mention it...would be my advice...

redgirl 04-04-2008 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mireland (Post 2134842)
also can anyone tell me how to get my pic beside my posts... I am pretty computer literate and have tried for days now.

Click "user cp" at the top of the page in purple, then click on "edit avatar". You can then choose one of their pictures or down load one from your computer harddrive. If you want to download from your harddrive then Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page, Just choose "browse" and then your files will be available to choose from. Hope that helps!

3monkeysmomma 04-04-2008 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommato3 (Post 2134785)
Just got back from the wi that I was dreading. I told my counselor about the prednizone (sp) and she was a little worried, too. We were scheduled to do my "tanita" measurements tonight, and she decided that we should wait until next time, since we didn't know what the meds would do to me. Well, I think we were both suprised to see that I had lost 1.5 pounds! That puts me at 25 pounds, which is my half-way mark! WOO-HOO! I am so excited and so motivated to keep this up!

3mm~ I think that I saw you at the center today! Were you wearing black and white and there at about 4:45-5:00? I was the blonde wearing denim capri's and a purple shirt. BTW, my name is Keri.

Were you the other lady sitting in the waiting area when I was? I was wearing a black and white blouse and black pants, and big earrings, lol. I wasn't in the waiting area very long, darn we could have talked some. Yes it was around 4:45. My name is Nickie. Congrats on your loss!!

3monkeysmomma 04-04-2008 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeweliek (Post 2134826)
I made some great pork tenderloin.
Cut into 5 oz portions - apply a rub of
6T Paprika
2T Ground Black Pepper
2T Sea Salt
1T Chili Powder
3 pinches Cayenne Pepper

to both sides

Sear and then put in an oven 350 F until done. Will take about 20 min.
I served with Black Bean Pico De Gallo

VERY yummy!!!!

Oooh sounds like my kind of rub, I love paprika. I'm gonna try that.

3monkeysmomma 04-04-2008 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mireland (Post 2134842)

Your pic is your avatar, go to user cp and click on avatar.

losingforhealth 04-04-2008 11:52 PM

Hi everybody congrats on all of the weight losses:carrot: Wished I had lost this week but I am still happy over my losses for the last two weeks. I have been so busy that we started a new thread I have been reading all evening to catch up. Hope next week I have some loss. I sure enjoy all of you that post and it helps me too . About the cheese I never knew it could stall my weight I tell you I learn something new every time I get on here.
My counsler today had me switch my Metabolic Appetite Control to the Hoodia Hope it works as well as the MAC. Everybody good luck this week.:)

bomaze 04-05-2008 01:14 AM

Good evening, everyone! Well, good morning to some! It took me a while to catch up - my, my ya'll have been busy!

3MM, I loved hearing myself in you while talking about rewards (I think it was you...it was about 15 pages ago) and the suggestions from everyone! I LOVE the earring idea! I don't do much because I'm fully intending to plunk down a lot when I get to goal but earrings I can handle!

Angierue: My husband would love your exercise idea. LOL! He's tried to implicate a connection with frequency of "exercise" and big losses at WI. I tell him he's a witty man but I don't think so!

I'm at my sister's and so far so good. Totally, 100% OP today and two more days to go. I'm especially encouraged to stay OP because I'm hopping on Tanita on Monday. My 14s are feeling a little roomy right now, so that is encouraging too!

Oh, I made the BEST dinner the other night, taken from an earlier discussion on lunchmeat. I found some of the nitrate-free, low-fat, no sodium turkey, put in a wrap with sauerkraut and a tiny bit of fat-free, sugar-free homemade sauce (FF mayo with a tiny bit of low-carb ketchup) for a reuben-type wrap - yum!

3monkeysmomma 04-05-2008 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSTeacher (Post 2134855)
Hey all. I WI tonight and was down 2. I was happy about that, since I normally weigh in on Saturday AM. SO close to Onederland...but not quite!

Hey congrats on your 2 lbs!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Thought I would post an interesting link for anyone who is curious. I was thinking about sea salt today and wondered why it was better for me than regular salt. Seems however they refine table salt it makes our bodies retain water but sea salt doesn't so much. Anyway here is the link if yall want to read it too. I never realized just how important salt really was.

http://curezone.com/foods/saltcure.asp

readytobefit 04-05-2008 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma (Post 2134674)
*Nickie walks on the board doing the funky chicken dance* :chicken::dancer:

WI today, and lost 3.5 lbs!! and with TOM. They measured me and I lost 13 inches. That makes 14lbs in a month!! Oh I'm excited. We went straight from there to Kohl's where I bought the cutest pair of ginormous silver earrings and a gorgeous silver and turquoise bracelet (they were on sale) to reward myself. ;) Think I will do that every 10 pounds from now on. I set a $10.00 limit. 10 for 10 sounds fair to me. :D :carrot::cb::broc:

Oh yeah Rocki your kids are gorgeous!

Thats so great! Man I am so inspired-- I cant wait til my consultation... in 8 hours! LOL.

I will let you guys know how the breastfeeding plan differs. :)

singalong 04-05-2008 10:50 AM

Did anyone get the book 101 days of weightloss. I have been trying to use it. They gave copies away at our center. It is set up with a lesson for each day. I think it is kind of motivating. I also picked up some Ketone strips because I go to the center at night mostly. I have been checking for ketosis every morning. It is kind of motivating to see the result. I think it will help to see what foods throw me out. Well, good luck to everyone on the list. You all sound like you are all doing marvelous. Lets all keep up the good work! Stabalization is closer than we all think!!!!!

Goal4Life 04-05-2008 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSTeacher (Post 2134855)

You'll be there before you know it! Congrats on the loss!! :dance: