3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   Metabolic Research Center - Take 13! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/138146-metabolic-research-center-take-13-a.html)

BikiniByJune 03-28-2008 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeweliek (Post 2121725)
oh.....I forgot to tell you.....I lost 3 pounds yesterday at wi before the dr. appointment! Only 1 more and I sign the 45 board!!!!!

The doctor teased that the growth they took out is probably the 1 pound so she told me to go step on the scale afterwards. We had such a laugh!!!!

Glad you're back and feeling better. Three pounds! Congratulations!

WorkingARMom 03-28-2008 02:34 PM

Redgirl,
I live in Rogers but work in Bentonville. I just started MRC. Today is day 7 and I am down 6.5 lbs. I went to 1 class and am going to try and attend at least 2 a month. Maybe we can be weight loss buddies.

Finz 03-28-2008 02:35 PM

I was down .5 at WI today --that puts me at 3 for the week so I'm happy!
We had a an interesting night out last night. My husband and I (and our 2 dogs) went to a local Tex-Mex restaurant for "Yappy Hour". They have outside dining on Thursday evenings and you can bring your dogs. A friend of mine was the sponsor so we wanted to go and support her.
I was worried about what I could eat and had mentioned it to the counselor I saw at my Tuesday WI. She said that that particular restaurant does a special MRC salad, named after one of the counselors (who has lost 140lbs). So, I could actually eat there without worry. AND it was delicious! Blackened chicken & huge salad with a small side of black beans for my bread portion. I didn't feel like I was missing out on anything!

jeweliek: Glad to hear you are feeling OK after your procedure & CONGRATS on the 45 lb board!!

My Shake N Take arrived a few days ago and I LOVE it! Thanks meemo
for the suggestion. I found it on Amazon for just under 20$.

Hope everyone has a great OP weekend!:D

jeweliek 03-28-2008 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WorkingARMom (Post 2121852)
Redgirl,
I live in Rogers but work in Bentonville. I just started MRC. Today is day 7 and I am down 6.5 lbs. I went to 1 class and am going to try and attend at least 2 a month. Maybe we can be weight loss buddies.

If your center has cooking classes, SIGN UP. They are soooo worth it. Ours talks about the rules and how to make food interesting. She always has great ideas and if you ask during will give you tips and ideas on how to do this and still feed your family without making different meals.

Congrats on your 6.5#s!!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

exsquisit 03-28-2008 02:37 PM

Welcome back! Glad you are okay!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeweliek (Post 2121723)
Ok ladies and donuts.....I am back..... a little crampy and tired but back. I was going to stay away from the comp. for the weekend, but I am bored here doing nothing.

When you do maintenance how many cals do you get? I'm concerned; I exercise a lot and now want to add in weight training to tone up. The personal trainer wants me at 1800-2000 cals a day to support the amount of exercise I want to do. I'm so low now that she isn't sure she wants to work with me until I add more cals in. I'm close to my goal now, but have some free week and am toying with the idea of doing this (MRC) for the added weeks to get lower, but if I go thru stab. now I can add the exercising in that I want to do.

Here is my schedule for exercise
Monday - treadmill for 45 min at 85% max heart rate
Tuesday - spin class for 1 hour 15 min
Wednesday - Pilates in the morning and Kickboxing at night
Thursday - active rest - walk with husband, playing with kids outside for an hour
Friday - spin class for 1 hour 15 min
Saturday - jog for 1 hour (like to do intervals)
Sunday - off

I want to add weight training on Monday, Wed and Friday for about 45 min. Weight to exhaustion with 5 min cardio bursts to keep my heart rate up.

MrsPhibes 03-28-2008 03:31 PM

I just bought the most awesome gadget! It's a mini blender by Hamilton Beach. This best part is after you make your drink it becomes a to-go cup. I mixed an orange HNS with water and ice and it was wonderful. I can imagine doing all sorts or things with it. My husband is going to be jealous and want one too. It was only $15. in Walmart as opposed to the $30 item that is sold by Sharper Image.

blueyedangel 03-28-2008 03:38 PM

Welcome back Jewelie. Glad you are feeling better! And, congrats on the loss! WOW! What a bonus! :dancer:

:carrot: YAY! For everyone on all your wonderful WI's. You're all doing FANTASTIC!!! :cheer2:

Wish I could join you in the celebration. But, me being the Queen of YoYo that I am, was up 1/2 pound at my WI. :( Down a little, up 2, down 3.5, plateau, down some more, up .5 Good Lord...When am I gonna catch a break. I really thought I'd lose. GRRRRRRR:tantrum: (Thanks for letting me rant/pout/gripe) :blah:

MrsPhibes 03-28-2008 03:44 PM

I forgot to mention that while I was at Walmart I also bought some of the 4 oz. screw on top storage containers. Thought I would make some "things" to keep on hand to keep on plan. Such as:
1. spice rub for fish, chicken, and veggies
2. cottage cheese salad dressing
3. melba bread crumbs
4. and one other thing that will use up the last of the cups.

MrsPhibes 03-28-2008 03:46 PM

Oh yeah, this morning on my own scale I registered down a pound. Since I am not weighing in until monday I should definitely be on the 10 pound board by then.

maxncandy 03-28-2008 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeweliek (Post 2121723)
When you do maintenance how many cals do you get? I'm concerned; I exercise a lot and now want to add in weight training to tone up. The personal trainer wants me at 1800-2000 cals a day to support the amount of exercise I want to do. I'm so low now that she isn't sure she wants to work with me until I add more cals in. I'm close to my goal now, but have some free week and am toying with the idea of doing this (MRC) for the added weeks to get lower, but if I go thru stab. now I can add the exercising in that I want to do.

In Maintance you are on a modified 1200 cal diet. Over 6 weeks of Stab you work up to 2 servings of dairy a day (yogurt, frozen, milk etc..), 2 fruits a day (increased amounts), 2 veggies, 3 bread servings (expanded choices), 8-9 proteins (increased choices) (we get 10 now or 14 if you are on the plus menu), and 1 fat daily. It is still low cal. It helps to balance things out, when you do want to go to Olive garden... It is just a guide. You do continue to lose in Stab, but not as fast. I lost only 5lbs over the course of the 6 weeks. I would almost recommend getting to your goal before you start Stab. (of course I wouldn't resign for only 5 lbs). But, once in stab you tend to make some additional "Choices" which will slow your progress. But, since you will be working out like a dog, you will probably burn anyway, just not in the Ketosis burn.

maxncandy 03-28-2008 03:54 PM

[QUOTE=Meemo;2121585]
Quote:

Originally Posted by maxncandy (Post 2121288)

We might've been going at the same time - I started at Shalimar in May of '06.

I was there in Apr 05...

maxncandy 03-28-2008 03:57 PM

??? about meal replacement shakes. How many calories, carbs to the ones from MRC have? Mine only have 100. They are only a few cal higher than creamies. I just wanted to make sure I was taking the right ones. Are the puddings about 80 cal? I don't have any of my old boxes.

jeweliek 03-28-2008 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxncandy (Post 2121994)
In Maintance you are on a modified 1200 cal diet. Over 6 weeks of Stab you work up to 2 servings of dairy a day (yogurt, frozen, milk etc..), 2 fruits a day (increased amounts), 2 veggies, 3 bread servings (expanded choices), 8-9 proteins (increased choices) (we get 10 now or 14 if you are on the plus menu), and 1 fat daily. It is still low cal. It helps to balance things out, when you do want to go to Olive garden... It is just a guide. You do continue to lose in Stab, but not as fast. I lost only 5lbs over the course of the 6 weeks. I would almost recommend getting to your goal before you start Stab. (of course I wouldn't resign for only 5 lbs). But, once in stab you tend to make some additional "Choices" which will slow your progress. But, since you will be working out like a dog, you will probably burn anyway, just not in the Ketosis burn.

Thanks....I actually have 2 weeks until my contract date, but have added on 7 more from promos.....so I have 9 left if I want them. I definately will stick with it to get to 162, which is the goal they set for me. I just don't know what to do about the rest. I want to get to 155, I think. According to the calculators that would put me at 22.5 BMI and I was told anything under 23 will help keep you from getting many forms of cancer. So my decision is really if I want to do the last 7# on plan or with diet and exercise.

Don't get me wrong, I love that I have lost this much weight.....actually if I count the stuff I lost before MRC I am at 66 gone forever!!! I am just a bit disappointed too. I do exercise, but I am a soft, fluffy smaller version of the bigger me. I really want to add muscle tone. The light resistence training and cardio I'm doing isn't cutting it. This works great for losing weight, but now I want to concentrate on building muscle while I am losing the fat layer.

I don't need to be a super model. I don't even want to be the 130 I was before kids. I want to ......
1. Go to waterworld with the boys this summer and not wear a Tshirt over my bathing suit.
2. Go shopping with my sisters without crying!
3. Make my husband's head turn.
4. Feel pride in my body the way I did when I was young and just knew I was hot!
5. Play touch football with the boys and not care that they want to play another hour.
6. Beat my husband at tennis. (I need some arm strength to get the ball moving)
7. Go home in May and make my mom cry!!!! She is struggling with her health so much and she wants us all to be healthy. I just want to show her. She hasn't seen me since last year at my heaviest.
8. Be able to babysit my neices and nephews at the park and not have to go home because "Auntie's tired"
9. I want to be able to count on my body, not change my plans because I am not up to it.
10. Next year at this time I want to run a half marathon!!!

These are my goals. I keep telling everyone to write out their top ten goals that they want to do when they get to goal and here mine are, for you all to see!

jeweliek 03-28-2008 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxncandy (Post 2122006)
??? about meal replacement shakes. How many calories, carbs to the ones from MRC have? Mine only have 100. They are only a few cal higher than creamies. I just wanted to make sure I was taking the right ones. Are the puddings about 80 cal? I don't have any of my old boxes.

I have the Vanilla Wafer Meal Replacement Bars here and they are 200 cal, 9g fat, 13 g of Carbs, 6g of sugar. oh and 15 g protein.
I think the drinks are a little less in cals, but I don't have the info from the box.

The double chocolate pudding is 80 cals, .5 g fat, 7g carbs, 4g sugar and 12g protein. I don't have the other kinds.

http://bodyandhealthessentials.com
I don't remember who shared this site, but many of their drinks are the same as MRC. I checked the orange, hot cocoa, capp., puddings

bomaze 03-28-2008 04:26 PM

Quote:

I just bought the most awesome gadget! It's a mini blender by Hamilton Beach. This best part is after you make your drink it becomes a to-go cup. I mixed an orange HNS with water and ice and it was wonderful. I can imagine doing all sorts or things with it. My husband is going to be jealous and want one too. It was only $15. in Walmart as opposed to the $30 item that is sold by Sharper Image.
Thanks, Bonnie2! I am going to get one of these these afternoon (looked it up online). I have been keeping my hand blender on the counter but it's messy and takes up too much space with cord, etc. I can't bear the HNS without giving it a good blending!

I went to WI today and instead of being down the .6 I need for the 40# board, I was UP .6 - but given my day on Wednesday I can't say I was shocked. Talked to a male consultant that came down from Greeley - freaked me out a little bit at first but he was actually REALLY helpful.

Since Jewelie started it and I need it, here are my top ten reasons to continue to push on to my goal:
1. Waterworld! Without shame!
2. To never need to shop in the plus size department again.
3. To put myself in a place of health, that I may never act like an old woman before I really, truly am one.
4. To make my husband's head turn and see a look of pride in his eyes.
5. To insure that my children will always be able to wrap their arms all the way around me.
6. To learn that I can love me, just as God made me.
7. To be a good example in diet and perserverance for my girls.
8. To show up at my in-laws this summer and blow them away.
9. To learn to like exercise (loving it might just be too much!)
10. To learn my way through this process so that I may never have to travel this road again.

Anyone else care to share??