3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   Metabolic Research Center - Take 13! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/138146-metabolic-research-center-take-13-a.html)

jeweliek 03-31-2008 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bomaze (Post 2126191)
I went to WI this morning and (drum roll please) FINALLY hit the 40 pound board! I've been hovering it for two weeks and went 1.6 past it today. What a wonderful feeling! I can see the 50, 60 and 70 pound boards in my sights!

HORRAY!!!!! :D:):carrot::carrot::carrot::):D

HumbleBee 03-31-2008 05:41 PM

Jesup

Quote:

Originally Posted by snflrgrl1962 (Post 2124615)
I think you are probably right.

Hey I see you live in Statesboro, Ga. I live in Jesup. We aren't too far apart!

Talk about small world...my dad is in retail and we transfered around alot when I was little. We lived in Jesup in the late 1970's. I went to Orange Street Elementary school. Are you a teacher there?

HumbleBee 03-31-2008 05:46 PM

Milk

Quote:

Originally Posted by carolinagirl04 (Post 2124854)
Did anyone have milk cravings? Do the chocolate and vanilla HNS curb it? I am dying for some milk. I don't know why.

Before program I could drink close to a gallon of skim milk in a week - I do miss it. I've tried both the chocolate and vanilla drinks, and even though I'm a big chocolate fan I like the vanilla drinks much better. For me they do help with the milk craving. :D

chopingirl 03-31-2008 05:49 PM

HappyDaisey - If you do have a meal replacement bar for breakfast, you don't add any other food to it. If you have a bar for lunch, you are supposed to add your 8 oz. of veggies, but no fruit. If you have the meal replacement shakes for either breakfast or lunch, you don't add anything at either meal. The bars work for me in the morning, but I am really hungry if I eat them at lunch by suppertime; therefore, I eat a bar for breakfast and have the shake at lunch. Everyone is different, but those two options work for me. You are not supposed to have a bar or the shake for your evening meal.

bomaze - Congratulations on the 40 lb. board! :congrat:All of the boards were big for me, but I remember feeling the 40 lb. board the most - I could really tell that I was losing everywhere on this ol' body at that one. I'm soooo happy for you!

MrsPhibes - Congratulations on the 10 lb. board! :congrat:My hometown is Medicine Lodge, and I lived in Liberal for 13 years before moving to Texas four years ago. My sister lives in Manhattan, and I have several friends that live in Lawrence. Do you like your center? I have a friend that really wants to know about MRC that I will see this weekend, and I would like to be able to really recommend starting the plan there in Lawrence. I am a pianist primarily, but I also am a musical theatre director, and I have a private studio in my home where I teach voice, piano, and guitar. I actually just started teaching voice to one of my MRC counselor's daughter. How fun!!!!

Thanks to everybody for your kind words about my picture. I didn't remember what I looked like with my face thinner, and I still have to look at it to make sure it's me.

Happy Monday evenin'! :hug:

HumbleBee 03-31-2008 05:53 PM

Congratulations

Quote:

Originally Posted by namaste (Post 2125424)
I weighed in on Friday, and was down 4lbs, and got to sign the 80lb board!!! WHOA!!!!

Ok, I'm going to attempt to read the posts. Wish me luck.

:dancer: :congrat: :woohoo:

Great job! :cb:

HumbleBee 03-31-2008 06:17 PM

Congratulations

Quote:

Originally Posted by bomaze (Post 2126191)
I went to WI this morning and (drum roll please) FINALLY hit the 40 pound board! I've been hovering it for two weeks and went 1.6 past it today. What a wonderful feeling! I can see the 50, 60 and 70 pound boards in my sights!

:cb: WooHoo! Congrats on finally getting there! :carrot:

HumbleBee 03-31-2008 06:31 PM

Meal Replacements

Quote:

Originally Posted by redgirl (Post 2126227)
I am really curious about everyones experiences with these. (meal replacements) What flavors are good. If you have used them, do they fill you up? When traveling, I can imagine that will be very helpful.

I really like the meal replacements and use them for work all the time. And when my sweet tooth attacks I'll have them for a meal, even if I've already had my 3 for the week. Doesn't make the counselors happy, but one told me she would rather me do that than go completely off program. So far I'm averaging 3.4 lbs lost per week. But as others have stated, you have to see how it affects your body since everyone is different.

My favs are:
bars: choc. mint and carmel nut
wafers: chocolate, strawberry and vanilla (in that order)
shakes: haven't tried yet

Peanut butter bars were good, but too dry to me (I wanted a glass of milk with it...sigh) Bought the otmeal cinnamon raisin last week - they're okay. Kind of melt in your mouth, which I didn't expect. Then there are the cereal type bars. The chocolate crisp wasn't bad - didn't like the carmel too much. To me, the cereal bars were not as filling. The choc mint, carmel nut are smaller but more dense and seem to keep my hunger under control longer.

Hope this helps and keep up the great work!

HumbleBee 03-31-2008 06:44 PM

Feelin' Blue

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockijames (Post 2125781)
Nothing new to report. I'm just down and not feeling well. I have a splitting headache, gained 1/2 a pound and feel really depressed. I'm back OP (yesterday and today), but I just feel so BLAH! UGH!

I've been a horrible poster, but I haven't been able to keep up with everything lately! I hope you're all doing well (sorry I haven't even read most of the posts).

I'll try to be better in the next few days.

Rocki,
I'm sorry you're not feeling well - I miss "seeing" your face and reading your posts. You are such an encouragement and blessing. Hopefully tomorrow you'll feel much better. :hug:

Raemi13 03-31-2008 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carolinagirl04 (Post 2124854)
Did anyone have milk cravings? Do the chocolate and vanilla HNS curb it? I am dying for some milk. I don't know why.

Hi.

Yes, I still do have milk cravings, and the ready to drinks to help my milk cravings. When I do 2 as a meal replacement, I have one each chocolate and vanilla. Very good.

Finz 03-31-2008 08:03 PM

WOW! I haven't been here for a few days but am just amazed at the number pages since the last time I was on!

namaste Congrats on the 80lb board--you are such an inspiration to all of us :carrot:

bomaze What great news about getting to the 40lb board--that is my next goal!

3MM Thanks for sharing all of your fun recipes :)

MrsPhibes **YEA** for getting to the 10 lb board! I never weigh myself at home. It makes me too anxious if I don't feel the scale is moving fast enough.

zackzmom I usually weigh in twice a week, but the center is only a few miles from my house so I really have no excuse not to go.

rockijames
We all have down times. Just hang in there and try to keep OP and think of the good results you have already had!

I'm sure I've missed people but congrats to all for all the losses taking place on here. It's great to read through all of the posts and see how everyone is doing. I'm going to WI tomorrow so we'll see how that goes :D

Rocki 03-31-2008 08:24 PM

I'll remember what you look like for next time! :)

WOW..13 years old! Mine are 5 and 1 and I can't believe my older girl is starting Kindergarten. I'm totally not looking forward to the teenage years. Good luck, I'll need lots of advice I'm sure!

Glad you're doing well, but sorry about the blahs! :) I (obviously) know exactly how you feel. Will you WI again Thursday? If so, I'll look for you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by crested1 (Post 2125946)
Yep...that was me! Thought I heard your name, but didn't want to sound like an idiot if it wasn't you!

I eat ground turkey a lot...guess I'll have to search for some bison...I think I have a Land & Sea by me in TT.

Sorry you're not feeling too hot. We all get like that at times. I'm a little off today too...my daughter turned 13 today. Where does the time go?

Rocki 03-31-2008 08:50 PM

Thanks for all the encouraging words. It's been a rough day. The weight gain I expected and really wasn't too upset. I just felt physically horrible. I left work @ 3pm (had to have DH drive me home b/c I felt so sick). I slept on and off for 2 hours, took a few pain pills and finally threw up, sorry TMI, and felt a little better. I think the headache is creaping back up, but I'm going to bed and hopefully will feel better in the AM.

I'll try to get back into the board in the next few days. Take care all.

blueyedangel 03-31-2008 09:04 PM

:dancer::bravo:Congrats EVERYONE on your losses! Especially to those of you who got to sign the board!! Yay!!! :D

3MM - your recipes sound yummy!!! I've made the stuffed peppers from the cookbook... REALLY good!! And yesterday I used the Cream of Chicken HNS & added 4 oz. chicken & 4 oz. green beans, green onions to it. :drool: Good stuff!

I have a couple of questions... WI today...still the same. (Bet you coulda guessed that, huh. :^:) Was told to take the Liquid Minerals 2x a day to get me over this plateau. Is that really gonna help? Taking more vitamins/minerals? :?:

Also, I traded in some HNS I didn't like for a packet of Double Chocolate Pudding and a packet of Chocolate Crispies. What do these replace?

Thanks!

snflrgrl1962 03-31-2008 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meemo (Post 2124849)
Mix a Creamy Hot Chocolate HNS with hot decaf coffee. Yummy! And if you can find some White Chocolate DaVinci sugar free syrup, even better!

OOOh, I am going to try that!

MrsPhibes 03-31-2008 09:10 PM

Lawrence Center

Chopingirl: Some days (like today) I feel the center is worth recommending. My chief complaint is that they don't have enough classes (finding the connection is only 2x/mo) always on a Tuesday night (when I can't make it). They say that they need to find another psychologist to teach it but haven't made any progress since I joined. The other class (cooking) that I went to didn't happen for whatever reason and I showed up special. So I would recommend it half heartedly and, if you do have your friend join please mention my name (Bonnie Hall) and they will give me $25 in product.

I am an eastern transplant and have lived in Lawrence for 9 years. Moved here when I married my husband who is a native Kansan. DH is also a former musician (bass). He toured and played with many rock groups til he grew up 28 years ago and got a regular job.

Got to go finish the laundry so I'll sign off for now.