3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   Metabolic Research Center - Take XI (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/136094-metabolic-research-center-take-xi.html)

Rocki 03-10-2008 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exsquisit (Post 2093911)
Hi, Thanks for your reply. I have been exercising about 5 hours a week, two classes on Monday and then 1 hour on tues thurs and friday. Two of them are interval classes and one is all weight lifting. There is a lot of step aerobics in my routine. Do you think this is too much? I think I should probably just cut back and see what happens. The counselor said something about the protein in the hns and the weightlifting would cause muscle growth and make it harder to reach goal by the end of my plan. It's just an addiction. I have to get over it. :)

I personally didn't like them telling me to quit weight training, and I haven't done so. I only go 2x per week for training and try to go 2-3x more for cardio. I really just started getting more active and I can't stand the idea of quiting and then having to restart, kwim?

Good luck and let us know how you do. I think you could try to continue your exercise routine for a few weeks and see if you're still losing a good average, before you just back down your workouts.

Goal4Life 03-10-2008 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exsquisit (Post 2093903)
Thanks for the reply. Maybe I should cut back somewhat and see how the wi go from there. I really don't want to stop the exercise. I do mostly step aerobics, which I love very much. I think I will cut back on the weight training classes. Maybe that will help.

I wouldn't cut back on the weight training that much, as long as you are doing light training. Muscle helps your metabolism stay revved, and keeps burning fat. Light weight training while losing weight will help with loose or saggy skin.
Re-evaluate your work out schedule. I would say if you cardio 4-5 times a week now, cut to 3, and the other days you can weight train. I wouldn't exceed 45 mins or so of cardio per day. I was told on my heavy cardio days (spinning-45 mins-2 days a week-burns approx 450 calories) to make sure I didn't use those days as meal replacement days, to eat acutal food, not shakes/bars. Also, to have those days as my group 2 proteins for dinner. MRC is a pretty low calorie plan, and if you are expending hundreds of calories during your workout, then your body will think it is starving. When in doubt, try it out for a week, and let your body tell you when enough is enough, as JewelieK stated.

blueyedangel 03-10-2008 09:50 PM

:dancer::dance::cb::encore::woohoo::cheer2::cheer:

Just got home from WI...

Drumroll PLEASE!!!

I lost 3 pounds since Friday! I couldn't believe it! I made her weigh me again!

Just had to brag...I'm so proud of me...

jantdieting 03-10-2008 10:16 PM

3monkeysmomma ~ Thanks for the reminder! Today is my yesterday’s tomorrow and my new day! I am happy to report that I have been OP all day! Still have to get in another 20oz of water before bedtime! I’m planning to WI later this week; I want to be OP a few more days before I face the girls!

ShineOn ~ Look how much you have lost, I'm so proud of you! Thanks for missing me! You always bring such energy and encouragement to the thread! Donuts, a wise man….that’s just one of his better quotes but definitely the one I need right now! How's the house coming along? We plan to finish the inside of our pool house next week (spring break) and I know absolutely nothing about plumbing, tile, painting, etc. .....you notice how easily I say "we"? I'm assuming my part will be running to Lowes! Yes, I'm a great shopper so that's fine with me!

chopingirl ~ look at you, down 60lbs!!! :bravo:!

GoalforLife ~ thanks for your encouragement and :woohoo: congrats on 70lbs!

dkmd27 ~ you look great! :encore: You and your son could be one of the couples on dancing moms!

blueyedangel ~ WTG! 3lbs down over the weekend! :carrot:

To all of you, thanks for welcoming me back! Your enthusiasm is contagious, just what I need to keep me on the right path. Now I’ve got to catch up...ya'll are getting way too skinny!

Night night,
JanT

lucky40 03-10-2008 10:35 PM

getting started

Havent written in awhile, am starting program again been off since january,this is my third day. My center left it up to me to go back to preconditioning or start green menu, I started green menu. I need some advice , I did not go back to caffeine so I know it is not caffeine but the headaches are driving me crazy, total migraines did anyone else expereince this? the girl at my center said try b-12 and I did but to know relief, I am thinking about just going back to preconditioning see if that helps, any advice is welcome I really want to succeed this time

graduatethin 03-10-2008 11:06 PM

I have a question-- is anyone else cold all the time? I swear I am freezing all the time. This never used to be a problem for me. I am so ready for summer!

chopingirl 03-10-2008 11:07 PM

I don't know if any of you are eBayers, but I just put "Metabolic Research Center" into their search engine, and somebody just listed over $700.00 worth of supplements, HNS, vitamins, Hoodia, etc. It looks like a lot have an expiration date of sometime this summer or later; so if you're looking for a bargain, I just wanted to mention it. The shipping fee is $24.95, and the starting bid price is $.99. (Yup, that's 99 cents.) I thought somebody here might be interested, so I just wanted to let you know.

chopingirl 03-10-2008 11:10 PM

graduatethin - Yes, I am freezing all the time now, too! We lost our own built-in winter coats, don't you think? ;)

jeweliek 03-10-2008 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockijames (Post 2093961)
I personally didn't like them telling me to quit weight training, and I haven't done so. I only go 2x per week for training and try to go 2-3x more for cardio. I really just started getting more active and I can't stand the idea of quiting and then having to restart, kwim?

Good luck and let us know how you do. I think you could try to continue your exercise routine for a few weeks and see if you're still losing a good average, before you just back down your workouts.

I was told that weight training doesn't count in the hours they recommend because your heart rate isn't up. It is just when your heart rate is up that you want to count your time, they also told me not to count warm up and cool down.

Rocki 03-10-2008 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeweliek (Post 2094195)
I was told that weight training doesn't count in the hours they recommend because your heart rate isn't up. It is just when your heart rate is up that you want to count your time, they also told me not to count warm up and cool down.

Jewelie..I actually had them tell me to stop the weight training, not the cardio. Like someone else mentioned, they were afraid of all the protein building muscle and then me burning muscle instead?? Not really sure. I have a paid trainer that I still have like 20 sessions left to use and only a certain time to do it in. That's why I didn't want to give that up (other than the health benefits, that is:)).

Finz 03-10-2008 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucky40 (Post 2094092)
Havent written in awhile, am starting program again been off since january,this is my third day. My center left it up to me to go back to preconditioning or start green menu, I started green menu. I need some advice , I did not go back to caffeine so I know it is not caffeine but the headaches are driving me crazy, total migraines did anyone else expereince this? the girl at my center said try b-12 and I did but to know relief, I am thinking about just going back to preconditioning see if that helps, any advice is welcome I really want to succeed this time

My center recommended the 5HTP for help with headaches. You might want to give that a try.

3monkeysmomma 03-11-2008 12:00 AM

I am on the beige menu, started on Saturday, so was in preconditioning for a week and the beige menu 3 days. Today has been a toughy for me. I wonder can anyone tell me if my menu will change anytime soon or is this the menu I will be on until I lose a certain amount of weight? and if so how much weight do I lose before it will change and if it does change will there be more choices on it?

I read some of you say that if you can make it through the first ten days or the first two weeks it is so much easier after that, well why is that? How is that? What changes 10 or 14 days in? I worked hard this past year trying to grow accustomed to liking veggies because I have always hated them and finally I got to where I liked quit a few but they were canned. I love asparagus so today I tried steaming some and it was so nasty, gag, I used those microwave steam bags by glad or ziploc whatever and it said 2 1/2 minutes so I did that and geeross! So I went another 2 1/2 minutes and still gag, they don't taste anything like canned. That was very discouraging for me, what if I think all the fresh veggies are gross? Yesterday I thought oatmeal sounded good so I had that at supper and the amount allowed isn't even worth eating, 1/4 cup cooked, at first I thought 1/4 cup dry but no it's 1/4 cup after its cooked, 1 bite, 2 bite gone. :(

21 of the veggies on the list I either hate, only like them fried or don't even know what they are.
The protein list: We don't have buffalo in our stores, I have never seen buffalo, and elk, who eats elk? Rabbit, really now rabbit? Squirrel good grief, what the heck is venison? So that leaves chicken or fish for most days and I am already tired of chicken.

The eggs I use are medium, I told someone they were small, don't know what I was thinking, for that brain cramped moment I thought they were small, sorry I think it was Bomaze , you were right, they are medium and I wasn't suppose to have one.

I haven't had supper yet, can't think of what to have, nothing sounds even a tad bit good. I bought Mrs. dash, butter buds, several other spices, thought I would have a chalupa, grill a corn tortilla in a skillet but then I thought well crap what do I top it with, I could make some turkey taco meat but then what? Cant have cheese on it at supper, can't have sour cream at all, no beans since the tortilla is my starch, hmm I could have s corn tortilla topped with a salad, grrr.

Ok I'll be done now. Maybe I am fixing to have TOM, maybe that's why I am so grouchy and pitiful. :dunno:

3monkeysmomma 03-11-2008 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSTeacher (Post 2092967)
So, I am not getting all of my water in. I was chastised by my counselor saturday because of how dangerous protein can be (kidney stones etc) without the right amount of water. But when I drink it, I feel yuck!! I mean, nauseated, bloated, going to throw up yuck! Plus I'm a classroom teacher and can't go to the bathroom! I know I'm on my tenth week and should have this under control, but I don't.

You are totally not alone on that. I too hate the way water makes me feel right after i drink it. I feel better in general, like thoughout the day when I drink water but its the getting it into my stomach part, I can't gulp it down like other people I know, man they can gulp a huge bottle in less than a minute. I don't know how they do it. I sip and sip and sip and I feel like there is a giant water balloon in my stomach waiting to explode. I have a hard time getting in the 64 min. oz a day.

Rocki 03-11-2008 12:23 AM

I'm not sure what day you're on. I think you should get a new menu on day 5. Did they tell you to come back on day 4 for your next menu? Maybe not? I'm on green, but I think that takes over at 199lbs or less.

As far as buffalo, do you have BJs Wholesale stores in your area? If so, they might sell bison (buffalo). That's where I buy mine. I know it's hard, but you can do this. I, too, am sick of chicken and even though I love fish, I really love it fried, so I haven't even had it (other than salmon and that's the 2x per week meat list) at all. Try ground turkey, chicken or bison (if you can find it) and make a taco like thingy. You can put lettuce and tomato on it and maybe make one of those salsa dips others have mentioned. Tonight I had bison (seasoned and fried in the pan) mixed up with zucchini. If you buy fresh asparagus and steam it I know it's not like the canned stuff b/c the canned is like mush (and I prefer it that way too:))..but maybe you could season it and put some spray butter on it as well.

Unfortunately, it sucks. We're overweight and that's why we're on this diet. I know the choices aren't exactly what we want, but it will get us where we need to be. Think long-term. I know we can't go back to eating everything we want, but we CAN add foods back in when we get to maintenance. I'm having a hard time getting back on track after my weekend away (I'll post separate about that), but I am really TRYING VERY HARD. I don't have as many issues with veggies as you do, so I'm sure that's helping me. However, I know it's hard to eat stuff you don't like. Do like what I did when I was a kid..put the food in your mouth, take a big drink, plug your nose and swallow! :) You won't taste it that way!:devil:

:hug: to you. Sorry this is so difficult right now, but YOU CAN DO THIS!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma (Post 2094215)
I am on the beige menu, started on Saturday, so was in preconditioning for a week and the beige menu 3 days. Today has been a toughy for me. I wonder can anyone tell me if my menu will change anytime soon or is this the menu I will be on until I lose a certain amount of weight? and if so how much weight do I lose before it will change and if it does change will there be more choices on it?

I read some of you say that if you can make it through the first ten days or the first two weeks it is so much easier after that, well why is that? How is that? What changes 10 or 14 days in? I worked hard this past year trying to grow accustomed to liking veggies because I have always hated them and finally I got to where I liked quit a few but they were canned. I love asparagus so today I tried steaming some and it was so nasty, gag, I used those microwave steam bags by glad or ziploc whatever and it said 2 1/2 minutes so I did that and geeross! So I went another 2 1/2 minutes and still gag, they don't taste anything like canned. That was very discouraging for me, what if I think all the fresh veggies are gross? Yesterday I thought oatmeal sounded good so I had that at supper and the amount allowed isn't even worth eating, 1/4 cup cooked, at first I thought 1/4 cup dry but no it's 1/4 cup after its cooked, 1 bite, 2 bite gone. :(

21 of the veggies on the list I either hate, only like them fried or don't even know what they are.
The protein list: We don't have buffalo in our stores, I have never seen buffalo, and elk, who eats elk? Rabbit, really now rabbit? Squirrel good grief, what the heck is venison? So that leaves chicken or fish for most days and I am already tired of chicken.

The eggs I use are medium, I told someone they were small, don't know what I was thinking, for that brain cramped moment I thought they were small, sorry I think it was Bomaze , you were right, they are medium and I wasn't suppose to have one.

I haven't had supper yet, can't think of what to have, nothing sounds even a tad bit good. I bought Mrs. dash, butter buds, several other spices, thought I would have a chalupa, grill a corn tortilla in a skillet but then I thought well crap what do I top it with, I could make some turkey taco meat but then what? Cant have cheese on it at supper, can't have sour cream at all, no beans since the tortilla is my starch, hmm I could have s corn tortilla topped with a salad, grrr.

Ok I'll be done now. Maybe I am fixing to have TOM, maybe that's why I am so grouchy and pitiful. :dunno:

Rocki 03-11-2008 12:33 AM

Quick check in. I've caught up on all the posts and I have a list of replies back to everyone but I haven't had time to type it all out. I did want to tell you all about my sucky diet weekend and my little NSV today.

As for the weekend I went to a weekend long scrapbook event with my mom. I took my pills, NNS, crispies, melbas and dressings. I thought I was totally prepared. Unfortunately I didn't take my fat/carb blocker b/c I was so sure of myself I didn't think I'd need it. Needless to say the food choices weren't the best and I did the best I could. I had one cheat and that was strawberry shortcake Saturday night. I didn't have the liquer soaked berries, but still! :) However, every other meal I really tried to stick to the plan. It was just so difficult b/c of the choices. I was good about my drinking, water, decaf coffee and HNS only. No alcohol even though the bar was open the whole weekend and my mom had a great bottle of wine in the room.

Lo and behold this morning I got on the scale and was up 2-3 pounds from Friday. I was so dissapointed. I decided not to WI @ the center until Wednesday. I try to go Mon/Thurs, but this week I'll go Wed/Sat instead. I tried to get totally back OP today (and last night for dinner as well) but then today we had an unexpected lunch meeting with a customer and I wasn't prepared for that. I had a salad w/Italian dressing (not good) and chicken that tasted yummy, but was loaded with butter and salt I think. UGH! Dinner was totally OP and I tried a Mocha Creamy HNS from mydietshopz.com and it was delicious!

Wish me luck on Wednesday at the scale! I'll check again tomorrow AM. Hopefully I'll be back on track but I'm not holding my breath after today's lunch.

As for my NSV..I had two actually. Once when we were at the crop my mom said she didn't even recognize me from behind when I walked by b/c my butt looked too small to be me! :) That was funny. Then today @ work a driver asked if I'd lost weight and I said "Yes, thank you!". He said "you can tell, you look good, I'm trying to do the same, but it's hard for me". I was so excited b/c this is a really sweet guy who said it to be nice and sincere, not to be flirty or suckup!

Anyway..that's my personal update. I got my shipment from mydietshopz.com. I love most of the stuff so far except I don't think their Wildberry tastes as good as MRC. I love the Mocha pudding though! It's awesome! I also signed up for Fitday (actually I had an account and didn't know it from 3 years ago) and will be trying to update that and journal in there daily. I'll post tomorrow (later today) back to everyone's messages from the last few days.

Congrats on all the losses and good luck to those weighing in soon!