Old 11-14-2007, 09:01 AM   #436  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by graduatethin View Post
Hi All! I have been reading all the posts and just want to say congrats to all the losses and being able to pull your pants down without unzipping- I can do that with some of my old jeans, too! Isn't that fun! And to those that a struggling a bit--- keep on rolling! I didn't do so great while I was in Minneapolis, but I am back on track this week. I wi yesterday and I lost 1.5, granted it had been 6 days since my last wi, but I was happy with that! And I Got to sign the 20 Pound Board!! I think things are going to settle down now- yeah right- with the holidays coming- but seriously, it is more difficult when I am out of town.

Have a great day everyone!
And Congratulations to you Ms 20lb board signer!!!!
namaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 09:13 AM   #437  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopingirl View Post
3.5[/COLOR][/SIZE] lbs. lighter!!! Wooo --- Hoooo!!!
2. Is my self-worth tied up in my weight? I have thought about this for a long time, as it seems that obese people (I'm talking about myself here) become invisible in society. I am just as talented, just as smart, just as compassionate, just as giving, and just as worthy if I weigh 60 pounds more or 60 pounds less. My parents were there at the end of the week, and after initially commenting, "You have lost weight," said nothing more about it. I heard my sister telling them as I was returning from my 99th time to the bathroom that day that she knew for a fact that I had not gone off my program. They thought I hadn't lost the 20 lbs. that I said that I had.

So, do I throw myself a pity party, or do I smile through the tears and pull down my ZIPPERED jeans without unbuttoning or unzipping them, that I couldn't even fasten and had to roll under in the front and cover with a huge t-shirt when I started this program at the end of September, and know that this HAS to be for me - and I AM WORTH IT!! And I did pull down my jeans ... (please keep reading as this really is G-rated ) ...over my hips and to the floor without unbuttoning or unzipping them just tonight...and I feel MAHVELOUS!!
So I come here and read and rejoice and ache and laugh with all of you as we all do this together. I'm SO PROUD OF US!!
Wow. I don't know what to say. You are an amazing person. I think we've all been there to one degree or another, and we are all worth it. Thanks for putting yourself out there, and telling the story. It touched my heart. And of course, I loved the jeans portion of the story and that was a great close. In my class last night they talked about everything in life being a choice, and how to react to situations is up to you..... and boy did you make a wonderful choice. Thank you, you've made my day! And 3.5lbs lighter!!!! Congrats!!! Great job!

Last edited by namaste; 11-14-2007 at 09:15 AM.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:27 AM   #438  
Denise

I had WI last night and lost 1.5 lbs! I also had my first body comp since my initial one was done, and I've lost a total of 16 inches! I was really excited to see the progress since I started! Anyway, that's it. I'm still plugging along. Without you all, it definitely wouldn't be as much fun! Have a good day!
Old 11-14-2007, 10:22 AM   #439  

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Height: 5'6

Wow! Avoiding the office feast and making it through all of those restaurants is awesome. Everyone is so strong and great here. Way to be. Congrats on all those loses.

Question: Has anyone found themselves becoming a feeder. I am suddenly letting my children have food that I would have never thought about before. My husband ask me last night "Who are you?" I don't know if it is me trying to prove that I am still fun even though I don't eat bad food anymore or if I just want to be around it and it is my way of doing what I used to do. Either way I have to stop. I went from do as I say and not as I do to setting a good example while poisoning them with sugar. Anyway just curious if anyone else has seen this behavior in themselves.

So far so good. I had an on plan breakfast and have started chugging water. If pizza comes into my path today I will resist. I am mad at myself today because it was cheep crappy pizza to boot. If I was going to cheat I at least should have found something really yummy. Stupid stupid Stupid. Oh well it is a new day.

Wishing you all willpower and continued strength.
SpringfieldAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 11:27 AM   #440  
Amy

S/C/G: 248/177/160

Height: 5'6"

Thanks everyone for the encouragement!! There are a combination of things going on right now with me.... I am in the beginning stages of PMS - which I get cravings real bad. I need to find out what will help during this time of month... Is it guggal?? Also, my husband has been in & out of his doctors office and we are waiting to find out about an upcoming back surgery. We know he needs it, but we don't know exactly what kind, when, or even where. It could be in Miami, or it could be here in town. This is really the first stressful event I have had in my life since I have been on program. DH did have a back surgery last year at this time, but I wasn't with MRC then so I ate A LOT of comfort food. The worst part is having to wait for the answers, especially when we know he needs surgery...

I need to start walking daily again. I'm sure that will help as well.

Anyway - I just wanted to check in and tell everyone thanks for letting me vent, and thanks even more for catching me and holding me up! I really appreciate it!!
losingweightnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 11:56 AM   #441  

S/C/G: 172/ticker/135

hello to all the biggest losers today(I mean that in a good way)
I wanted to pass along a quick and easy yummy idea.
We always make egg cassarole for the holidays and I just got my metaslim menu and worked this one up.

1 egg
1 slice of bread ripped into pieces
1 oz cheese
sea salt to taste
black pepper to taste
a few sprinkles of parsley flakes for color

Mini loaf pampered chef pan (I am sure any would work but that's what I have)

spray bottom of loaf pan, rip a piece of bread and place in bottom of 1 mini side. whip egg, grate cheese and place both on top of ripped bread. Add seasonings. Repeat in all 4 sides.

Set overnight in fridge. Bake at 350 25-30 minutes. You now have 4 seperate egg cassaroles to share or save for 4 meals.

Enjoy!
DJAEBBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 12:31 PM   #442  

Default office feeders

Jant -- I sure can relate .... I've worked in a doctor's office for 22 years and this time of year EVERY patient brings in home-made treats, not to mention what the drug reps bring in, and the other doctors who send Christmas thank yous for referrals --- ALL food ALL the time!

Fortunately I haven't been having any cravings or desires so far, and I've even baked cookies and brownies and didn't even lick my finger -- just washed it off when dough got on it. (I've NEVER done that!)

Desi -- egg casserole sounds good -- I have eggs every day for breakfast, that would be a good break. As a kid we used to have something called egg in a glass -- cook your eggs soft, tear up the bread, mix it all up in the glass and eat it (what we rural people wouldn't do!) ... and I've been doing that again!!

Kathy -- way to go!!

What fun to read all the posts here every day ... I look forward to it!

I have a class at MRC tonight.
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:08 PM   #443  

S/C/G: 172/ticker/135

Talking

I am a horrible speller I just realized....ooops
DJAEBBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:50 PM   #444  
texdoc2001

S/C/G: 207/207/150

Height: 5'2"

Just a quick check-in before I go to the airport to leave for my conference in San Antonio. WI this morning--down 4 pounds!!!!! Woo-hoo! Make me more determined to stay OP while away.

Also, now that I've got the ticker up and running, can anyone tell me how to change my weight on it? (Hard to believe that I have an advanced degree, but duh....)

I love sharing the ups and downs of this process with you chickadees. It feels like talking with my good friends several times a day.
texdoc2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 02:06 PM   #445  
sunnyglow

S/C/G: 223/204/145

Height: 5' 3"

Anyone here absolutely LOVE potatoes? Well I have a nice substitute. I love love love Indian food and I make alot of indian recipes at home, it is what is helping me to get through this diet. Check out this recipe. You can purchase the spices at the grocery store or any store that sales Indian Spices.

2 large cloves of garlic
1 tablespoon of shredded fresh ginger root
1/4 tsp cumin seeds
1 T Olive Oil (Or any oil of your choice)
Salt to Taste
1/8 tsp turmeric (optional)

Boil chickpeas in water for about 1 hour.Drain. In a separate sauce pan, heat oil, add cumin seeds and let them sizzle in the oil for about 30 seconds. Add ginger and garlic. Sautee until they get translucent (1 - 2 minutes). Add chickpeas and salt. Stir and cook for about 5 minutes. You may have to add a little water so they want stick to the pan. Blend mixture in food processor or blender until creamy. Enjoy! Let me know what you think.

This can be your 1/4 cup starch for lunch or dinner.
sunnyglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 02:52 PM   #446  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyglow View Post
Anyone here absolutely LOVE potatoes? Well I have a nice substitute. I love love love Indian food and I make alot of indian recipes at home, it is what is helping me to get through this diet. Check out this recipe. You can purchase the spices at the grocery store or any store that sales Indian Spices.
That sounds great! I will be trying that as soon as I get to the store to buy some chickpeas! I've got the rest of the ingredients and love Indian food also! Thanks!
Old 11-14-2007, 02:56 PM   #447  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdoc2001 View Post
Just a quick check-in before I go to the airport to leave for my conference in San Antonio. WI this morning--down 4 pounds!!!!! Woo-hoo! Make me more determined to stay OP while away.

Also, now that I've got the ticker up and running, can anyone tell me how to change my weight on it? (Hard to believe that I have an advanced degree, but duh....)

I love sharing the ups and downs of this process with you chickadees. It feels like talking with my good friends several times a day.
Congratulations on your 4 pound loss! That is fabulous!!!!
On your ticker, just go into your "user cp", then "edit signature" and you will see your ticker html there.... look for where it says your old weight and update it there (that's what I do) then save, and preview it just to check! you should be good to go!
Old 11-14-2007, 05:31 PM   #448  

S/C/G: 182/160/145

Height: 5'9"

Well, most of the newbies will think I am new, but I have been around awhile. Even the regulars will probably not know me, but that is okay. I hardly ever have time to post, just am encouraged by reading the posts when I can. I have been on a month stall, and am getting back on the wagon to kick these last 15 pounds off!! I discovered that my body is comfortable where I am now, because I weighed this much for quiet awhile before gaining more. But when I started the program I was determined to get past that comfortable weight, so I set my goal lower. My BMI is about where it should be, but I want it at the lower end of okay, not the higher end. Therefore I am going to push a little more.
Everyone on the board is doing a wonderful job, I was the slowest loser ever! I started in May! Although, I would have a weekend here or there that would throw me out of fat burning mode, so I can only blame myself. But sometimes a slower loss is better than none at all!! Now I really need to tone up muscles, and tighten up some leftover flab. If you plateau, do not give up because I got stuck in the low 170's for like 3 weeks, and then it broke, do not even know how it just did!! So for everyone pushing forward this program does work, just keep pushing!!
jennifer34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 07:45 PM   #449  
amanda

S/C/G: 169/154/132

Height: 5ft 2in

Default help

I have no problem following program , breakfast , lunch ,dinner but every night I am waking up so hungry, I try to just drink water, any suggestions? does anyone else have this problem? all suggestion greatly appreciated
lucky40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 09:46 PM   #450  

S/C/G: 178.5/168/140

Height: 5'7"

Congrats to everyone who has posted great losses in the last few days! And welcome back Jennifer34; I remember you! Sorry I'm not together enough to congratulate everyone individually, but I've been away for a few days and there are just TOO MANY POSTS!! I'll be out of town most every weekend through Christmas. Trust me, you all are so inspirational!

I WI yesterday and am up another half pound. My body just wants to stick at 150, but we (my fat and I) are going the whole 10 rounds if that's what it takes!! My last program day is 11/17 and I plan to re-sign for another 10 weeks. I am determined to reach my goal. I think if I stop short of it I won't feel the same sense of accomplishment as if I reached (or exceeded) it.

Keep up the great achievements everyone!!
Mary V is offline   Reply With Quote