Old 10-13-2014, 08:04 PM   #16  
Just Me...Lee.

Height: 6'4"

Late update for Friday 10-10-2014

So friday, I wanted to hit my chest a little harder than usual.

That wasn't the original plan, but there were a couple of guys in my gym with some impressive pecs and I felt the dumbells calling me, lol. (that's the way it goes sometimes....)

But I still worked in a manner focusing of burning fat(high reps, working up a serious sweat)

So I hit my cleans and presses and leg press and headed for my chest work.

Here's what I did...

Barbell Clean and Press

6 sets of 15 - 75 lbs

Leg Press

3 sets of 15 - 315 lbs

Weight-plated Lat Pulldowns

4 sets of 10 - 135 lbs

Incline Dumbbell Bench Press

3 sets of 12 - Don't remember the weight

Incline Chest Press Machine

4 sets of 110 - 220 lbs (feels lighter though)

Cable Crossovers(chest)

3 sets til failure - 50 lbs

Went Back To The Incline Dumbbell Bench Press

1 Burnout set - don't remember the weight

--

Didn't have energy for the elliptical, I got the heck outta there.

I ate clean every single day of the weekend, on friday my wife made "Swedish meatballs" for lack of a better word. Maybe more like Dominican meatballs with small chunks of cheese in the middle(but not much), made with half low fat ground pork and half ground chicken breast. I also had a couple avocados and a couple small bags of peanuts. I only ate that one large meal one friday. I ate about 8 of those meatball and the sauce was awesome and not high in fat or calories.

That's it for Friday....

- Lee
Just_Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 08:08 PM   #17  
Just Me...Lee.

10-11/12-2014

On Saturday I finished of the meatballs from Friday and ate veggies, nothing special about Saturday. I didn't do any workouts. I was craving beer, but resisted. I was cleanly under my maintenance calories for Saturday even without a workout. Ran a lot of errands, that was workout enough and I was sore from Friday.

Sunday morning I did a 3 mile morning jog and tried to mix in a lot of hard sprinting, I live in a mountainous area, so I go some go hill work in. When I was gassed I walked a bit until I could sprint or jog again. I ate stove top cooked chicken and I made coleslaw with vinegar and about a tablespoon of olive oil, I ate half and saved the other half of the slaw for Monday. I ate the same meal twice within my eight hour feeding period (between 12pm and 8 pm). It was a good clean day...
Old 10-13-2014, 08:10 PM   #18  
Just Me...Lee.

10-13-2014 KILLER DAY AT THE GYM! - Mixed Things Up

I had an AMAZNG workout Today, I felt like Superman.

And I KNOW I'm burning fat even though I haven't weighed myself(not that the scale always tells the story any weigh...) - Get it? Any "weigh"?

OK, that was corny, let's proceed.

Today I went into the gym only knowing that I DIDN'T want to do Barbell Cleans and Presses. I did so many Cleans and Presses last Friday, that the thought alone was making me sick and I felt that I was getting bored with them. But after my first couple of exercises I felt like I was just making excuses because it's hard and so I did them anyway. I did add some different spices to this workout to avoid boredom.

I was fasted of course, walked to the farther gym(1.5 miles) alone, my wife wasn't feeling the greatest.

So anyway, here's how it went....

Warmed up with Leg Extensions

I didn't count reps, don't know the weight. Just wanted to get my knees good and warm.

Hack Squats

3 x 12 - 150 lbs

This exercise would like to snap my crap up everytime I do them, so I always tread carefully and don't ego lift at all with these, I just want to feel the burn intensely at the ends of my sets and that's it. I'm not trying to push tons of weight, I don't have any desire in testing my knees, I already have a torn meniscus in my right knee. They felt decent after I warmed up.

Sumo Squats

5 x 12 - 100 lb Dumbbell

This a great "bang for your buck" exercise, the burn is INCREDIBLE with only 100 lbs for me, I was tempted to put my back pack on and do them but I didn't, maybe next time. I will be doing more of these. Saw the Hodge Twins doing these and decided to give them a try. Love them.

Barbell Clean and Press

3 x 12 -80 lbs (did them anyway, felt good)

Close Grip Cable Rows(back/traps)

3 x 12 - 170 lbs

Weight- Plated Lat Pull Downs

1 set 12 reps of 180lbs - 2 sets of 135 lbs

Dumbbell Pullovers (Feel it strongly in my chest)

3 x 13 - 55 lbs (usually go heavier but need to work my self back into these, felt good though)

I REALLY concentrate on my mind-muscle connection with these, one of my favorite exercise!

Body Weight Dips

3 x 15

Elliptical Machine

30 minutes - 480 calories

Walked to the veggie market, the meat market(both more or less on the way) and then home 1.5 miles.
------------

Supps Taken Preworkout: Beta-Alanine and creatine in the morning, caffeine immediately preworkout.

Supps taken post workout: Multivitamin, DIM, DHEA and dinner

Eating baked chicken, coleslaw, avocado and having pineapple with strawberry yogurt for dessert. Eating to meals today before 8 pm.

- Lee
Old 10-14-2014, 08:27 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 304/283/190

Height: 5'11"

Hey, just wanted to let you know there are some people watching your thread. I have a LOT of ups and downs primarily related to portion control.

LOVE your comment about the hot sauce, by the way, as I am a fiend for the hot stuff (thought it usually pays me back the next day). The day of-I could eat a brick covered in mayonnaise and it wouldn't bother me.

I've got many more lbs to go than you do, but I'm a bit limited because I had blood clots three months ago that put me in the hospital and on oxygen for about a month. I'm doing OK, but don't have the energy to do some of the stuff that would really burn the calories.

Good on 'ya for staying on top of the workouts.

Dean
vwdeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 08:43 AM   #20  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Wtg!
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 01:59 PM   #21  
Just Me...Lee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwdeano View Post
Hey, just wanted to let you know there are some people watching your thread. I have a LOT of ups and downs primarily related to portion control.

LOVE your comment about the hot sauce, by the way, as I am a fiend for the hot stuff (thought it usually pays me back the next day). The day of-I could eat a brick covered in mayonnaise and it wouldn't bother me.

I've got many more lbs to go than you do, but I'm a bit limited because I had blood clots three months ago that put me in the hospital and on oxygen for about a month. I'm doing OK, but don't have the energy to do some of the stuff that would really burn the calories.

Good on 'ya for staying on top of the workouts.

Dean
Hey Dean,

Yeah the hot stuff always has it's day doesn't it?? LOL..

I hope you work your way back to health brother, start off slow and build up to it.

Thanks for the kind words.
Old 10-14-2014, 02:00 PM   #22  
Just Me...Lee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine31 View Post
Wtg!
Thanks Jasmine.
Old 10-15-2014, 08:01 AM   #23  

Don't want to steal your thread.

My workout was much more limited than yours yesterday-a nice brisk walk around the neighborhood. Haven't really started back to weights yet, as I'm three months out from the clots. Concentrating on walking and bike riding for now.

I participate in one of the other threads and update what kind of coffee I start the day with, LOL. Autumn Blend with a touch of sugar-free hazelnut today!

Have a great day,

Dean
Old 10-15-2014, 08:58 AM   #24  
Just Me...Lee.

Quote:
Don't want to steal your thread.

My workout was much more limited than yours yesterday-a nice brisk walk around the neighborhood. Haven't really started back to weights yet, as I'm three months out from the clots. Concentrating on walking and bike riding for now.

I participate in one of the other threads and update what kind of coffee I start the day with, LOL. Autumn Blend with a touch of sugar-free hazelnut today!

Have a great day,

Dean
No worries Dean, the more the merrier I say! I love walking, it's healthy and gives you time to think and meditate. I'm not much of a coffee drinker, but Autumn Blend sounds delicious.
Old 10-15-2014, 09:14 AM   #25  
Just Me...Lee.

Sidenote: I'm gonna hit the scale in a couple days, but it doesn't really matter. The mirror is already telling me everything I need to know, I'm getting my body back and fast.
Old 10-16-2014, 01:49 PM   #26  
Just Me...Lee.

10-15-2014 - Felt Weak In The Gym - Calorie Deficit Hitting Me

So Wednesday I hit the gym to train and I felt good on the walk to the gym, I went late because I had to finish some work online that couldn't wait.

My last meal was at 7:35 PM Tuesday and I ended up going to the gym at around 3 PM, I wasn't feeling too hungry but I could eat, I chose not too eat before the workout because I usually feel more focus when I train fasted and I really wanted to enjoy my post workout meal.

But because I've been in a consistent and somewhat steep calories deficit for a couple weeks now, I felt it in the gym.

I couldn't push much weight at all, but I still got the workout in and I wasn't too exhausted to work and sweat I just couldn't get push or pull any bigger numbers (not that I'm super-strong anyway).

It's a good and bad thing, it's bad because it just doesn't feel good to feel weak but it's good because I know I've been staying below my maintenance calories consistently without counting calories and I have a well-deserved CHEAT DAY COMING this Sunday. Pizza, Beer & Peanuts are on the menu, oh and some sweets. Still gonna eat within my fasting hours and may even wait until late in the day to start eating (Maybe 3 or 4 PM) so that my revved-up metabolism doesn't have enough time to force me into having 3rd, 4th and 5th servings. It'll be time for bed after my second "cheat meal".

I.... CAN...NOT...WAIT!!!!!

Anyway, here's what I did on Wednesday 10-15-2014...

1.5 mile walk to Mega Gym

Barbell Clean and Press

4 sets of 15 - 65 stinkin' lbs (pathetic, I know, lol....)

Flat Barbell Bench Press

3 sets of 12 - 185 lbs (felt heavy, smh...)

T-Bar Rows

3 sets of 12 - 150 lbs

Sumo Squats

4 sets of 15 - 100 lbs

3 sets of 12 - (too embarrassed to tell you the weight, bad enough there were people there to witness it! Haa...)

Chest Flyes (Machine)

4 sets of 10 - 150 lbs

Weight-Plated Lat Pull Downs

3 x 12 - 125 lbs

Elliptical Machine

30 minutes - 420 calories

Walked home 1.5 miles

I ate 2 avocodos - 1 lb of baked chicken breasts smothered in my favorite hot sauce and at night I had my wife's wheat pasta spaghetti with low-fat ground pork.

Supps Taken : Creatine, Beta-alanine, Powdered Caffeine (immediately preworkout), DIM, DHEA, Whey Protein & Multivitamin.

Gonna ride this deficit out til Sunday, it aint to bad and I'm making sure I get my protein.... Will Update soon!
Old 10-18-2014, 05:22 PM   #27  
Just Me...Lee.

10-17-2014 - More Strength This Workout - Felt Faint Post Workout

So I got another late workout in again, getting ready to move and handling business in the morning is throwing my schedule off, I like to workout at 12PM usually but got in at 3PM. I went fasted longer than I wanted to but the workout was pretty good.

I'm definitely leaner, I'm getting my jawline back, lol.

That's when I know I'm doing well, still haven't touched the scale because it really doesn't tell the true story but Ima weigh myself this Sunday morning and probably take a couple of update pics as well.

No matter what the scale says, I KNOW I'm getting back to my shape and fast. My wife is commenting on my body everyday and the mirror is showing me what I need to see in order to keep going.

Anyway, here is the workout I did today....

1.5 mile walk to Mega Gym...

Barbell Clean and Press

4 sets of 12 - 1 set 95 lbs, last 3 sets 80 lbs

Weight-Plated Lat Pull Downs

3 sets of 12 - first 2 sets 180 lbs, last set 135 lbs

Dumbbell Pullovers(chest)

3 sets of 12 - 65 lbs (I'm gonna try to hit these more often, these used to be a go-to exercise and they feel AWESOME in my chest and tris...)

Close Grip Cable Rows

3 sets 10- 150 lbs

Incline Dumbbell Bench Press( Dumbbells turned sideways and pressed into each other, pushed up and overhead for upper chest)

3 sets of 10 - 90 lbs total (A little harder than normal incline presses, thus the low weight but the feeling is amazing, nice upper chest pump)

Sumo Squats

3 sets of 15 - 100 lbs (tight lockout at the top to flex the quads, NICE burn, need more weight but 100 lbs is the biggest dumbbell the gym has, I'm tempted to wear grocery-filled backpack but the Dominican guys in the gym already stare at me enough, it's like I have 3 arms or something..., don't want the extra attention.)

Got that stuff done in 50 mins and then headed for the....

Elliptical Machine

30 strong minutes- hit 500 calories

Started on the walk home, but...

Halfway through I had to sit down for about 10-15 mins, I felt faint. Usually doesn't happen to me but it was really bad, only once that I can remember, even when I took ephedrine back in the day. After the rest, I walked the rest of the way without problem but I definitely need my refeed day, BAD.

I ate two meals, a total of 2 lbs of chicken breast, 2 large avocados, a banana, 2 small bags of peanuts.

Supps taken pre and post workout include.

Creatine, Beta Alanine, Caffeine, DIM, DHEA, Multivitamin, Omega 3 Fish Oil.

REFEED ON SUNDAY!!!!!!!

I'd love to hear your thoughts.....
Old 10-20-2014, 10:50 AM   #28  

Good Stuff.

Keep up the good work. Just remember, though, if you lower calories enough, you may sabotage yourself...

As to the feeling faint, do you have blood sugar issues? Can't remember from the earlier posts.

Take care, stay healthy,

Dean
Old 10-21-2014, 02:42 PM   #29  
Just Me...Lee.

Quote:
Good Stuff.

Keep up the good work. Just remember, though, if you lower calories enough, you may sabotage yourself...

As to the feeling faint, do you have blood sugar issues? Can't remember from the earlier posts.

Take care, stay healthy,

Dean
Thanks Dean, you're right. I always try to get those calories back up after about 2-3 weeks.

No, I've never had any blood sugar problems. I think it was just the calorie deficit getting to me.... WHich leads me to my refeed day....
Old 10-21-2014, 02:42 PM   #30  
Just Me...Lee.

Show Muscles Workout After a GREAT Refeed Sunday - Weigh In Results

Sundaay, Sundaaay, Sundaaaay!!!!

What a GREAT and nasty refeed. I needed the energy, my body was bogging down and I need to rev the engine again with some fuel. AND THAT I DID.

I had everything I wanted on Sunday. I started the day with a normal healthy meal to try to curb my appetite a bit, I had baked chicken and veggies and calorie free crystal light. Then the fun began at around 5 PM and lasted til about 12AM. I had Pizza, beer, chocolate, cake, crackers and cream cheese, whatever. And I didn't eat within a fasting window, I had a free day to enjoy myself.

I estimate that I had about 6,000 calories on Sunday.

I should've weighed myself before the refeed but I did the weigh-in on Monday.

I weighed in at 238 lbs! Down from about 252 lbs 3 weeks ago. I feel great and I'm thinking about changing my goal weight for a lower number, but Ima see how things go in the next 2 weeks before deciding.

Anyway, in order to celebrate I switched up the workout for 1 day and did a "show muscles" workout. Tons of arm curls and chest presses of various type.

I just was in the mood to go completely different this day. I'll get back to the regularly scheduled program on Wednesday.

My workout on Monday 10-20-2014 Consisted of.....

The wife and I walked to the closer gym (1 mile)

Barbell Clean and Press
2 sets of 12 - 80 lbs

Barbell Bench Press
2 sets of 12 - 210 lbs

3 sets of 10 - 130 lbs total

Barbell Curls
4 set of 10 - 80 lbs - then a strip set til burnout dropping 20 lbs per strip

Hammer Curls
2 sets of 12 - 45 lbs per arm

Cable Crossover (chest)
3 burnout sets - 50 lbs per arm

Weight-Plated Chest Press Machine
5 Strip sets til burnout - Started at 200 lbs and stripped of 40 lbs each time I failed.

Lateral Raises (delts)
3 burnout sets starting at 25 lbs then dropping to 20 lbs

Leg Press
2 sets of 20- 300 lbs

No extra cardio this day....

Walked home 1 mile....

I really enjoyed this workout, it was a good change of pace and I don't directly work my arms much anymore so I enjoyed hittin' some biceps and getting in the mirror a little bit. My wife was staring at me the whole workout, she barely did anything, lol. Good day!