Old 02-20-2015, 09:21 PM   #1  

Default Need Advice or Encouragement!

I've been on Medifast since July, and I am SO tired of it. I have lost 40 lbs, which I happy with. However, my weight loss has slowed to a crawl for the past 2-3 months, losing maybe 4 lbs a month or so if that. I went for six straight weeks with zero loss. I tried adding exercise, which seemed to make the plateau worse and made me more hungry to boot. I tried hot yoga and really enjoy it. However, I've noticed that, if I exercise, I don't lose any weight that week, though I enjoy yoga and actually want to do it. I've been eating the Medifast food so long now that I just don't find any of it appetizing and feel lackluster about the lean and green meals as well. I am feeling very discouraged with spending so much money, not enjoying the food, and having (currently) no weight loss at all for the past 3 weeks despite following the plan perfectly, charting my food, exercising, etc. Basically, I had six weeks of zero loss, two weeks of some loss (like two lbs each week), and now I'm on my third week of no loss again.

My question is: is there some way to get off of this diet and switch to something else and continue losing? I would love to do something like WW where I can eat normal food again. I'm so scared I will gain the weight back, but I don't see the point in spending so much money for such lackluster results. I've tried several things to break the plateau, I've been tracking my food on My Fitness Pal for 5 weeks now, too, and it just doesn't seem to help. I'm so frustrated.

Thank you for any help or words of encouragement! Again, I'm pleased with the 40-lb loss, but I have 20 more to go, and it'll be another year at this rate, lol.
ajt575s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 11:14 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 157/139/120

Height: 5'4

hello...congrats on the loss. i hear you about being upset no loss and spending the $ etc., I would suggest that you perhaps begin the transition/maintain phase of medifast and then go on a plan like WW...i have been on both WW and medifast now, and i studied the maintenance phase on medifast very closely and it is pretty identical to an an average day on WW.

the reason i mention to do transition and maintenance on medifast first is because of the fear/terror (i am in this too so dont feel i am judging) of gaining the weight back when incorporating "normal" foods back into our lives.

after you are on their maintenance plan, i would then go to WW
juicyfruit27 is offline   Reply With Quote